Greetings and welcome to our forums,
This is a little guide to get you started with useful information and resources to help you make this place your own.
LOOKING TO KNOW MORE ABOUT EMBERS ADRIFTWe do have several videos that cover the basics of our game on our channels or some community members. Check them out on Youtube
- What’s in the Beta?
- What's new in the Beta
- TIPS for new players
- Weekly Community Show - Playlist
- Arround the ember ring - devs roundtable - Playlist
- Embers Adrift, first look by Vulkan
If you prefer reading over watching videos, check out this very complete interview on MMORPG.com that explains our history, our goals, our design philosophy and what has already been accomplished.
Important thread, updated every week by @Undone : WORK IN PROGRESS, roadmap
GET TO KNOW OUR COMMUNITY
- Our community is very active on Discord! Consider joining our Discord server for everyday chat with the alpha/beta testers, our community, and the dev team.
- We do have international forums and channels on Discord for our German, French and Spanish communities. We are ready to extend it to more languages if requested. We are organizing, communicating and moderating to the best of our capacity and with the help of Google Translate. Please be forgiving with language mistakes!
- Feel free to introduce yourself on our forums and share about your currently played games here.
TWITCH TVYou can find our community on Twitch! Several of our alpha/beta testers are streaming regularly. Some of them are debuting streamers, give them a follow to help them out, and help our game to gain more visibility on Twitch. You know how this works: we need to please the algorithm gods with 'follow' offerings!
- @Alice_Bluu Alice_Bluu : https://www.twitch.tv/alice_bluu/about
- @FeldonT Feldonsgaming : https://www.twitch.tv/feldonsgaming/about
- @Panth Panth : https://www.twitch.tv/panth/about
- @Morrolan MorrolanTV : https://www.twitch.tv/morrolanTV/about
- @Ash AshBeyonGaming: https://www.twitch.tv/ashbeyondgaming/about
- @ChatWithThisName ChatWithThisName: https://www.twitch.tv/chatwiththisname/about
- GremiasV: https://www.twitch.tv/gremiasv/about
- And obviously, you can follow me at https://www.twitch.tv/elloawendy/about
Every Friday I host a Embers Adrift Community Show, starting at 6pm CEST/11am CT with 1 hour of discussions & 1 hour of exclusive gameplay - Beta Key offered every week until launch
GET STARTED AS PLAYER
- Check out Alice Bluu Tutorial for New Players video
- Guide for new players by @Alice_Bluu
- Written guide with few tips and tricks
- Class and Crafting Guide by @TallBird
- List of commands in game by Alice Bluu
- List of reagent drops by Alice Bluu
- List of Crafting Materials by Ravenwolf
- List of statistics by Alice Bluu
- Be sure to use the /Report command for fast feedback and bug reports. This sends a direct message to a Slack channel warning all of the dev team.
- Use the LFG tool (default keybind: O) to set up groups or the Global channel to reach out to players across all zones.
- Embers Adrift can absolutely be played solo, but truly shines with a group. If you are a more social, less shy player, we are encouraging you to take a leader role and set up groups for players that are more timid and do not dare to seek groups! It's a great way to encourage the community to bond, and players to get used to socializing in game, something we have lost over the years with heavily solo focused games.
I hope this little guide gets you started well! Embers Adrift main goal is to bring players together and allow them to bond and experience memorable adventures with friends! Let’s have fun together starting Here and Now.