What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Helpful tips for beginning players

Mynno

I thought I would start a thread to help out new players by offering some tips. These are pretty basic, but many new players ask about these in chat. Please feel free to add some tips you know of to help out our newer players.

Tip 1: After killing something or if you need to run press the Z button to exit combat stance. You will regain stamina and hit points much faster and if you need to run you will move faster when out of your combat stance.

Tip 2: Press the C button to sit. Again you will gain stamina and hit points back much faster while sitting.

Tip 3: If you die and need to find your bag, look over at your health and stamina bar where your character portrait would be. Inside your portrait you will see a white arrow. Follow that arrow right to your bag. Right click your bag to pick it up. Bonus tip try to rest at an Ember Ring to heal up fast before going after your bag. Bonus tip #2 You can right click in your portrait screen and you will be given the option to change your portrait.

Tip 4: When in town and at the bank you can right click on the money bar at the bottom of the bank screen to bring up the withdraw/deposit screen. Just use the slider to set the amount to either withdraw money or deposit it. Another bonus tip, the bank can be shared with all your characters so it's worth it to open more bank slots for extra storage and is a easy way to transfer money and items between characters.

Tip 5: If you see what looks like a small glowing bug on the ground and it runs from you as you approach, chase it down! You don't have to pick it up all you have to do is get over it and it will give you a temporary bonus that will help you in combat. The bonus depends on the color of the bug.

Tip 6: As you find Ember Rings they will glow blue when next to them on your map. A useful way to see where you are on the map!

Tip 7: Press the X key to change weapons quickly.

Tip 8: If you get lost in an Ember Vein just follow the ember pulse back to the entrance. The stronger and faster the pulse the closer you are to the entrance. Bonus tip for ember veins, to find them look for lightning in the sky. You will see lightning especially at night coming down from the sky and going directly towards the ember vein.

Tip 9: Look for Bulletin Boards. They are normally near ember rings. They give Task to do solo and reward excellent experience. Once Bulletin Boards are discovered they appear on your map. You do not have to go back to the same bulletin board to turn in a task, any of the boards in that zone will work.

Tip 10: To change chat, type /followed by letter of chat you want to talk in. Examples /w = World Chat, /s = Say Chat, /z = Zone Chat, /g = Guild Chat. Bonus tip is to link an item in chat hold the shift key while left clicking on the item. It will add the item with a mouse over information screen to your chat.

Last edited:
If you die your stamina and health bar wont fill all the way up again until you sit at an ember fire to regenerate it.

The crafting is like the leveling; you're gonna be OUT in the world for a LONG time. It isn't like modern MMO crafting where the fifth item you create levels you up out of that material.

Crossbows/bows aren't just for pulling! Apparently there are "ranger" classes! I had no idea ;)

In the starting zone, you might get the impression that you can just run from any mob (in non-combat stance). You can not.

Also: regularly sell the contents of your inventory and store your currency. Ideally BEFORE you drop your bag in the midst of a dozen three chevron mobs that each are 5+ levels above you.

If your being attacked you can run away. You may get attacked for a while but if you get a monster far enough from where it spawns, it will give up.

Tip 9: Look for Bulletin Boards. They are normally near ember rings. They give Task to do solo and reward excellent experience. Once Bulletin Boards are discovered they appear on your map. You do not have to go back to the same bulletin board to turn in a task, any of the boards in that zone will work.

Do you have a screenshot of a bulletin board? I have been playing this game for months and I have never seen anything even remotely close to a bulletin board in this game anywhere. Not doubting you, just need a reference to where the boards are.

Do you have a screenshot of a bulletin board? I have been playing this game for months and I have never seen anything even remotely close to a bulletin board in this game anywhere. Not doubting you, just need a reference to where the boards are.
This one is in Dryfoot just before you get to the first tower.

Attachments

• EmbersAdrift_2024.03.04.16.58.34.png
    EmbersAdrift_2024.03.04.16.58.34.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
Bulletin boards have been added with the January patch (end of January). So it is pretty recent.

Back