What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Q&A - Ask all your questions here

View attachment 1093

Hey everyone,

If you have any questions related to Embers Adrift, please ask them here. We select and answers some of them in future content on social media, youtube or Twitch.

Thank you so much!
I am stuck in zone that will not let me go forward or back. I cannot get out. please help. the toons name is elruna

I have a question regarding trade-skills:

Two of my characters would be crafters (third a harvester). On each of those two crafter characters I chose to level two harvesting skills. Leveled them to 12 and then purchased a crafting skill for the third slot. Am I not able to replace those harvesting skills with crafter skills? And if so, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!

I have a question regarding trade-skills:

Two of my characters would be crafters (third a harvester). On each of those two crafter characters I chose to level two harvesting skills. Leveled them to 12 and then purchased a crafting skill for the third slot. Am I not able to replace those harvesting skills with crafter skills? And if so, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance!
You can! Hit “J”, navigate to the tab of the crafting/harvesting skill you want to unlearn, right click the crafting icon, unlearn that skill. Then find a crafting trainer and pick up the new crafting skill. Now, get that new crafting skill to level 12, drop the next harvesting class, pick up a your third crafting profession.

Warning: Anything you unlearn will NOT jump back to it’s previous level if you try to pick it back up. So, you’ll wanna make sure your harvester is leveled to where you need it to provide for your crafters, obviously. It may go without saying, but when you pick up the new crafting class, it’ll start at level 1, the XP won’t transfer over from the dropped class.

hi guys i just bought this game and downloading.., it has downloaded 10+ patches one by one, is this normal?
Maybe? Is it jumping to 100% and then going back to 0% and starting over again and again? Might help to know your download speed and if you’re getting any strange prompts, output, client restarts, etc.

First its asking me to update, then it downloads 1 to 100%, it finishes.. then asks me to update again. Just keeps repeating - im just not sure if its a different patch each time...

First its asking me to update, then it downloads 1 to 100%, it finishes.. then asks me to update again. Just keeps repeating - im just not sure if its a different patch each time...
I’ve not seen that, might be worth a re-download and reinstall from scratch. There’s also right-clicking the installer AND the client and running them both as administrator. I did get asked by windows if I was sure if I wanted to run the executable, but I accepted. Beyond that, you’ll want to exclude your folder from AV scans (the AV you may have installed AND maybe if there are more than one, if the one you installed didn’t NOT disable Windows Defender). If you have VPN enabled, again, I’d recommend you turn off country bypass, content filters, or any hops through other countries. Also, if you do have more than one antivirus, I recommend you pick one as they’ll fight each other and can lead to horrid performance and file access conflicts that may lead to disk corruption. I hope some of that helps!

If you're using a Mac, make sure you move it outside your download directory. I'm no Mac expert but if you search the forums there's plenty of advice.

If you're using a Windows PC then make sure your anti-virus isn't causing issues.

You can! Hit “J”, navigate to the tab of the crafting/harvesting skill you want to unlearn, right click the crafting icon, unlearn that skill. Then find a crafting trainer and pick up the new crafting skill. Now, get that new crafting skill to level 12, drop the next harvesting class, pick up a your third crafting profession.

Warning: Anything you unlearn will NOT jump back to it’s previous level if you try to pick it back up. So, you’ll wanna make sure your harvester is leveled to where you need it to provide for your crafters, obviously. It may go without saying, but when you pick up the new crafting class, it’ll start at level 1, the XP won’t transfer over from the dropped class.
A miracle!

Thanks muchly Battlestorm. Now I can get busy doing something. This made my day!

I’ve not seen that, might be worth a re-download and reinstall from scratch. There’s also right-clicking the installer AND the client and running them both as administrator. I did get asked by windows if I was sure if I wanted to run the executable, but I accepted. Beyond that, you’ll want to exclude your folder from AV scans (the AV you may have installed AND maybe if there are more than one, if the one you installed didn’t NOT disable Windows Defender). If you have VPN enabled, again, I’d recommend you turn off country bypass, content filters, or any hops through other countries. Also, if you do have more than one antivirus, I recommend you pick one as they’ll fight each other and can lead to horrid performance and file access conflicts that may lead to disk corruption. I hope some of that helps!
i tried all this and getting same issues.... no one from dev team seems to be replying. I sent an email to support @ asking for a refund.. im just beyond frustrated

On Windows, if you've right clicked the file you downloaded and chosen 'Run as Administrator' and then also done the same for the game launcher then the problem is likely to either be (a) your anti-virus is removing the files (b) you have some disk corruption. As you say you've done (a) then that just leaves (b). Do you have another drive you can install on? I install all my games on a D: drive to avoid permisions issues on the C: drive. If you don't then can I suggest running a check disk (chkdsk.exe) to check for errors.

Hope this helps.

The other thought I just had is, did you have a previous alpha/beta version installed?

If so you might just want to delete the whole driectory where it's installed and start again.

You could also try the 'Erase Builds' option in the launcher.

1669030051438.png

Is there a way to see player count? Concurrent or weeks players?

Nope :) You can try to calculate it yourself by going in every instance of every zone and adding up everyone. That's the only way. I do not have access to the numbers myself.

Back