What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Q&A - Ask all your questions here

There is alot like about this game. But after 6 months I have had little to no reason to use in game currency. I have only used it with npcs and to buy storage. I have had zero trades for items. I have been gifted some items but that is my extent of trading in this game. If this is your idea of an economy, it is a little upsetting. I applaud this game for things like "I talk to more players in a day of Embers Adrift than I would a month of FF14." What this game doesn't do well is I trade more items with npcs then I ever do interacting with the economy. I feel like I'm in a single player games economy so you could add the rarest epic weapon in the game and if it not for my class, it going to a npc. I do not think a trade fair once a week on sundays is a fun idea and will drive away all the players who don't have access to it. You put me at a disadvantage with the systems your making when my peak play times are week days and late nights. The fact you have made such a public hard stance against is wild to me and definitely has me rethinking my sub.

The fact you have made such a public hard stance against is wild to me and definitely has me rethinking my sub.
Our stance is not that hard. Maybe I expressed myself wrong? I will try to express myself more clearly.

- Some players are in favour of an AH. A lot of players are in disfavour of an AH.
- We will more likely work on other improvements FIRST such as a mail system before to consider an AH
- This is not excluding the possibility of developing an AH if a majority of the community is asking for it. Not really our favourite solution, however.
- In any case, and independently of our decision regarding the inclusion or not of an AH, this is on the bottom of the priority list, as we need to work on new content, combat, alchemy etc... in priority

And as a AH is not going to appear in the game by magic, I propose you certain solutions to make your life easier meanwhile. You could try and see for yourself. Maybe it is not as bad as you think it is. Maybe you could team up with a friend that enjoy trading. And he sell your stuff for you. There is creative way to think and to come up with a working solution.
I've expressed myself with the most helpful intentions, sharing with you an honnest answer, to not fool you with vague promises that may never happen to keep you arround. I propose you solutions that can work right now with the current situation.

Peace!

What are the intended required and recommended specs for the game, roughly. My computer is getting a bit long in the tooth and I'd rather not spend money on a game I can not realistically hope to play with at least decent performance.
I'm using a laptop with Ryzen 7 5800H cpu and 3070 Graphics, the game is very rescource heavy and drains my laptop battery even when the psu is plugged in during play

I'm using a laptop with Ryzen 7 5800H cpu and 3070 Graphics, the game is very rescource heavy and drains my laptop battery even when the psu is plugged in during play

That was an 18 month message to reply to, but the minimum game specs (for anyone interested) are on the FAQ page.

Do you plan to have another play for free weekend to allow people to try your game and populate low level areas for grouping? I'd buy your game and a subscription, but hesitate to do so due to the possibility of nobody being in the areas requiring groups.

I have arrived! Beetlejuice intro.

My question is simple: about how many people are even playing this game? I am creeping around the tutorial area, and I think I will re-roll now that I got my toes in the game. I see a few people moving about, talk to them, etc. It's cool. I just wanna know about how much pop I can expect as I move forward, and also if there are 'dead times' and 'alive times.' As I said, still totally feeling it out, but I think I can mess with it. I don't like having to group, but I can get over it. I just hope that there are enough people to group with.

I don't always wanna group with people to do something. I want to be able to group and 'just do our thing' and both benefit from it. I hope that's an option. Form a party and just adventure? That's the whole allure of MMOs, to me.

We are a small community, but a nice & helpful community.

The Americain late night/ EU morning/ Oceanic afternoon are the low population time. Peak time is usually the early Americain evening but you see the population increasing during the EU afternoon/Americain morning already.

We are a small community, but a nice & helpful community.

The Americain late night/ EU morning/ Oceanic afternoon are the low population time. Peak time is usually the early Americain evening but you see the population increasing during the EU afternoon/Americain morning already.
I’m not trying to sound jerky, but any shot at a number?

I def think the game is gonna grow a lot because of the 30 dollar play without sub. It’s gonna be surprising, hopefully not too surprising. If you look it up on youtube, nobody really has negative things to say and most are talking about it as a hidden gem, or the great mmo nobody knows about. It’s time!

Hello everyone, I've decided to give the game a try with the anniversary event and, naturally, I have questions!

Is there more detailed information about each of the roles/classes beyond the very generic write ups on the website? I've tried googling a bit but I can't find good matches on keywords, and the prospect of digging through forums just to find such info feels daunting because it's so often not accurate or simply outdated.

Since roles have to be chosen up front, I'd like to understand what skills are available to each role, what the level progression looks like for each role and most importantly what gear (or other) restrictions the game imposes on each role before committing. Not knowing any of this up front, I feel like I'm just guessing at things based on loose descriptions and that's going to lead to a big gap in expectations I'd rather avoid.

TIA!

Nathan Napalm put together a solid video for new players or even current players. Video gives some good details on the game. Like below.

View attachment 1093

Hey everyone,

If you have any questions related to Embers Adrift, please ask them here. We select and answers some of them in future content on social media, youtube or Twitch.

Thank you so much!
I can log in the Website as i am here but cant log in the game when i try says wrong passwords or user name. but both are correct was just talking to u on discord

Will you be having another free trial anytime soon? i recently came across this game and it looks interesting but im worried about not liking it after making an investment.

Our stance is not that hard. Maybe I expressed myself wrong? I will try to express myself more clearly.

- Some players are in favour of an AH. A lot of players are in disfavour of an AH.
- We will more likely work on other improvements FIRST such as a mail system before to consider an AH
- This is not excluding the possibility of developing an AH if a majority of the community is asking for it. Not really our favourite solution, however.
- In any case, and independently of our decision regarding the inclusion or not of an AH, this is on the bottom of the priority list, as we need to work on new content, combat, alchemy etc... in priority

And as a AH is not going to appear in the game by magic, I propose you certain solutions to make your life easier meanwhile. You could try and see for yourself. Maybe it is not as bad as you think it is. Maybe you could team up with a friend that enjoy trading. And he sell your stuff for you. There is creative way to think and to come up with a working solution.
I've expressed myself with the most helpful intentions, sharing with you an honnest answer, to not fool you with vague promises that may never happen to keep you arround. I propose you solutions that can work right now with the current situation.

Peace!
Why not a bazaar system so players could AFK and sale wares from their inventory.

Why not a bazaar system so players could AFK and sale wares from their inventory.
To implent any type of economic system in the game, we first need to work on the mail system tech. So this is the first step.
Once the mail system (with payement uppon recieval), we will be able to figure out what's teh best course of action.

So, in short for economic system:
- Mail system
- Once that's in, we will see :)

Can you change where screenshots are saved to? Is it even possible?
Thanks in advance.
May not be the answer you want but Windows-Shift-S allows you to clip an image (obviously if you are on windows) and then you paste it where you want.

It's the only way I've done screenshots for many many years.

Back