What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Introduce yourself

View attachment 1077

Let's have fun! Let's get to know each other and warmly welcome each others. For OGs, it's always nice to introduce yourself again for all the new and returning members ;)
Feel free to use this form or another!
Hello my name is Robert Byrd, and I invested in this game and a tester of the game when it was under the old name. I have seen the changes done and they are wonderful, and I cannot wait to go Live. I thought there was a page saying there was going to be a live startup today for testers (10/12/22)? anyone know anything about that?

I thought there was a page saying there was going to be a live startup today for testers (10/12/22)? anyone know anything about that?
ea_2022.PNG
---> LINK (You as a EarlySupporter / Alpha Member ---> Access Date: 10/12/22 ---> Access Time: 12pm central / 7pm CET)

Note: Dont forget switch & update your Build-Version from Beta to Live (Dropdown-Menu / Right Corner)

live_beta.PNG

Last edited:
Hello my name is Robert Byrd, and I invested in this game and a tester of the game when it was under the old name. I have seen the changes done and they are wonderful, and I cannot wait to go Live. I thought there was a page saying there was going to be a live startup today for testers (10/12/22)? anyone know anything about that?
I have 2 pets and Siberian Husky named Ladie Marie, and a black Cat named Mystic i have 3 kiddos 2 boys 1 girl, cant have pineapple on pizza deathly allergic to pineapple, found out the hard way after eating pineapple upside down cake. That is my 4th furry kid my cat is camera shy like my wife lol.

Attachments

• 20220116_141729.jpg
    20220116_141729.jpg
    574 KB · Views: 7
I have 2 pets and Siberian Husky named Ladie Marie, and a black Cat named Mystic.......That is my 4th furry kid my cat is camera shy like my wife lol.
Only as a hint: (I would) Post only Pics / Screenshots without personal or family things on it. Maybe editing your posted Pic and let shoe only beautiful Husky "Ladie-Marie". Rest concerns no one else.

Nickname: I had a few over the years but have stayed with Beloc for about 12 years.
IRL Location: Kentucky, US
First language: Hillbilly... Wait.. I mean English
year of birth: 1970-something

How did you end on this forum?: I have been on these forums since 2015. I have been following this game since the original announcement.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? I play MMOs cause I enjoy PvE, group-based play. Since this is what Embers is focused on, I said, "Why not?" Plus, it supports an indy studio.

Kids? Yes, 5. Most are grown.
Pets? Yes. A Scottish Wheaton Terrier. We love him. His name is Hank. But he is the dumbest dog I have ever seen in my life.
Significant other? Yes.
Astral Sign: Beep, Beep, I'm a Fish (I was going to say Jeep)
Favourite MMORPG: Wow, tough one, really. Depends on what type. If I had to choose two that made the most impact on me through the years, they would be the original EQ and LOTRO (before it went FTP). But Rift is a close 3rd.
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: I like blocking things with my face...... Tank. The class would depend. I liked the rogue tank in Rift, but there is something to be said about standing still and just taking a beating. Though it can get boring at times. Which is why I like the rogue tank. Lots of mobility.
Favourite activity in MMORPG: running dungeons with friends, quests, exploration, and crafting. In that order.
Horde or Alliance? Didn't play a lot of WoW, but I was Alliance.
Starwars or StarTrek? I like both, like most people here, but Star Trek edges out Star Wars a little for me.
GoT or The Walking Dead? GoT, but I liked both.
dwarfs or elves? Dwarf, of course.. Who wants to play a K-Nelf.. I mean pansy elf.. I mean an elf... :|
Beer or water? tea
Pineapple on pizza? Sure

What will you play in Embers Adrift? I will more than likely play a tank of some type. I may try a rogue to. Then I will determine from there.

Hello everybody!

My name is Tim, I'm down in a small coastal place of Massachusetts between somebody writing Moby Dick and some Pilgrims landing on a rock.
I'm a long time lover of slower multiplayer games. Be it on the table top or CRPG's of yester year, with a special place in my heart for the Avernum series by Spiderweb software.

I've written a few RPG supplements, most recently for The Mutant Epoch over at https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/90414/The-Mutant-Epoch owned by Outland Arts. It isn't a job, just a fun passion for myself to design interesting stories with challenging encounters. So I've got a deep respect for what the team here at Embers Adrift has accomplished and really look forward to diving in and exploring this creation.

Professionally I'm literally a junkyard engineer. I was a SeaBee Combat Engineer in the USN and have turned that skill base towards manufacturing, usually working with old analog systems that nobody wants anymore but still got to be running.

Playstyle, I tend towards Tanking or crowd control support. I like the little oddities of battlefield control classes which don't really crop up in modern gaming as much.
If I had to pick a favorite MMO, it would be the one with the most impact on me, Asheron's Call. Very little since my adventures in Dereth have managed to capture that same sense of scale.
My favorite game would likely be the one with the most hours logged, which is Dwarf Fortress. I can't get enough of those little smiling faces laboring around my labyrinth of death traps.

Mon francais n'est pas genial. Ce sont surtout des dictons acadiens que mon grand-pere m'a cries dessus.

Nickname: Ire
IRL Location: USA
First language: English
year of birth: 1967
How did you ended on this forum?: Reading about game on a fansite
What interest you most about Embers Adrift? The slower pace, open world, more social environment.
Kids? 2
Pets? nope
Significant other? yes
Astral Sign Gemini
Favourite MMORPG: Anarchy Online
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: All roles, favourite class was my AO Fixer
Favourite activity in MMORPG: Exploring
Horde or Alliance? Was both but don't care about WoW
Starwars or StarTrek? Star Trek. Star Wars is very very very bad.
GoT or The Walking Dead: As a show I'll go with Walking Dead.
dwarfs or elves?: Dwarves and it's not even close.
Beer or water? : Whiskey
Pineapple on pizza? Ummm...no.
What will you play in Embers Adrift? Undecided

Ill skip all the useless stuff no one cares about. Name is Mike AKA MadMike0082 all over the web. Been playing MMO's since my moms boss got upset with me being at the office in 1985 and set me down in front of a 286 PC and said look this is a BBS.... These are real people you can talk and play games. I sat down and logged into the Tampa BBS in all its glory and Ive never been the same since. Took 11 years to buy my own PC from that point as we were the kind of poor people cant understand when you explain it so I wont even bother.

I now run my own business living in the mountains of South Dakota (moving in a few days from North Dakota) have a couple kids, one boy and one transgender girl. I have a hard time making friends in these games these days only because my schedule is so erratic i may be on 8 hours one day, 2 hours at 2 am the next, not play for 3 days then play for 12 hours a day for a week lol.

So anyways these games are my life blood other than my guitars and motorcycles lol. Im really hoping to make some new amazing memories in this one and some new friends as well.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname: Variations of Silvyr or Rivyr
IRL Location: Houston

How did you ended on this forum?: I followed the rabbit and fell down the hole, hopefully i find something I'm looking for.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? Not sure yet I havent got to test it out, but it seems to harken back to an older style of play. Thats not plagued with cash shop, micro transactions, daily quest, weekly quests, raid timers, Battle Passes. Although I would admittedly pay for extra character slots (altoholics anonymous card member), or cash shop outfit that added no benefit other than style. This would only be to look different later in game when I'm assuming everyones wearing the same grade of armor.

Kids? none to my knowledge
Pets? cats dogs and wildlife that eats catfood on my front porch, I tend to find Raccoons and Opossums grazing on catfood when i leave for work at midnight.
Significant other? NOPE
Astral Sign- Sagittarius could explain the obsession with bows
Favourite MMORPG - Mabinogi, Lineage 2, Tera, Aion, Archage, Wow, FF14, Black Desert, Dungeons and Dragons online, PWI, I've played alot of mmo's and theres different things i like about all of them.
Favourite role/class in MMORPG -Usually a Healer most often than not, but i do enjoy Archers and dagger users too
Favourite activity in MMORPG- I do like to craft, i hope this game has some nice crafting systems.
Horde or Alliance? I've played both sides and understand each's motivations, but my favorite back in BC was Draenei Priest - space goats ftw.
Starwars or StarTrek? This feels too limiting, I like all sorts of sci fi, babylon 5, Firefly, Farscape, LEX, Red Dwarf. Star Trek has too idealistic of a future i mean hell most humans can barely get along let alone with aliens. And Star wars - Light Side Darkside its too simplistic life is all about contradictions and shades of grey. Some people do good things for bad reasons, some bad things for good reasons a good example would be fighting wars.
GoT or The Walking Dead - Game of thrones but only because I like the books and have been reading them for 20 years I just wish he would finish the damn things.
dwarfs or elves? Depends on the Situation If i needed a good alcohol or an item forged A DWARF- if i needed a good bow or piece of jewelry made An Elf.
Beer or water? Sweet Tea
Pineapple on pizza? If you're buying
What will you play in Embers Adrift? Why everything of course, but to start an archer based warden sounds interesting.

IRL Location: Houston, Tx.
year of birth: 1972

How did you ended on this forum?: Been following development off and on for a couple years

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? Old school feel.....because......yes....I am old

Kids? Grown...do they still count?
Pets? Two cats...one named Leeroy Jenkins. He lives up to the name. Other named Cleetus, because what else would go with Leeroy?
Significant other? Yes
Astral Sign Libra
Favourite MMORPG Asheron's call
Favourite role/class in MMORPG damage dealer followed closely by tank
Favourite activity in MMORPG Exploring
Horde or Alliance? Always depended on server....but mostly Alliance
Starwars or StarTrek? Don't make me choose.
GoT or The Walking Dead GoT
dwarfs or elves? Dwarves
Beer or water? Water is an ingredient of Beer....so both
Pineapple on pizza? Not if you plan on me eating it.

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Not completely sure yet, but that is part of the fun

Nickname: 'Yosh' (family) or 'Jish' (best friend)
IRL Location: Virginia
First language: English / Bad English
Year of birth: '86

How did you end up on this forum?: The Youtube algorithms caught me off guard while I was randomly browsing before bed last week and pointed me towards Embers Adrift.
What interests you most about Embers Adrift? Bringing back a slower paced, community focused MMORPG.

Kids? Not that I know of, though I take my job as the 'fun uncle' for all my friend's kids very seriously!
Pets? None.
Significant other? Not that I know of!
Astral Sign: The T-Rex in Ebbing Praying Mantis Crescent Moon.

Favourite MMORPG: The original EverQuest will always hold a special place in my heart.
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: I typically gravitate towards tanks or CC classes, depending on my crew.
Favourite activity in MMORPG: Roleplay and PvP.

Horde or Alliance? Arthas.
Starwars or StarTrek? Star Wars.
GoT or The Walking Dead? Since they both suffered from later seasons, Game of Thrones
dwarfs or elves? Orcs.
Beer or water? Whiskey.
Pineapple on pizza? I had the absolute best pineapple pizza while at an Italian bistro in Australia but here State side it's just... awful.

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Depends on what my group needs, but likely a support or DPS if they don't need me to tank.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname: Morigan
IRL Location: Switzerland Zürich
First language: German/english
year of birth: not important

How did you ended on this forum?: Coz of Morrlan TV, he has made me exited about this game and i was a long time looking for a game that is not mainstream/ pay to win

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? that the dev and the team is sensory of the game, that i fell, that i can trust them cuz of there words and actions.
And i have really miss a game how you can play really with your mates. I like it to explore slowly all of a game and looking around for secrets or to help some random mates

Kids? for sure 2 of this troublemaker
Pets? cats
Significant other?
Astral Sign capricorn
Favourite MMORPG (Asmo)Aion first seasons... Gw1 , Silkroad Online, WOW to expand Lichking after that i was done....
Favourite role/class in MMORPG Healer
Favourite activity in MMORPG exploring the world alone and with friends
Horde or Alliance? Horde ever the darkside
Starwars or StarTrek?
GoT or The Walking Dead GoT cuz of the books , but hey witcher its some of good stuff too
dwarfs or elves? elves (sidhe)
Beer or water? Tea
Pineapple on pizza? never... its strikes by me there

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Healer always, love to sup my team/race/horde

Nickname: Kal
IRL Location: United States
Year of birth: The grand epoch of the 19th century and 78th solstice

How did you end up on this forum?: I was invited to participate in a grand adventure, though I am more use to sitting at a table with fellow adventurers.

What interests you most about Embers Adrift? There seemingly is a darkness that has fallen and needs to be bound and destroyed. It is why I am here.

Kids: As a smith of the old age I have two to carry the name and burden of our families call. Unbeknownst to me they have been chosen to be both strong girls of great power.
Pets: My ever faithful steed, Moonvale. My girls have taken liking to a smaller companion named Elsa , a ink black cat with greenish gold eyes. I believe there is more to this cat than originally known.
Significant other: A strong and faithful wife, who has skills in alchemy
Astral Sign: The stars have never aligned themselves directly with me, though I was born under the golden skies of a warm sun.
Favourite MMORPG: I do not presume to know what these letters mean, is this some form of guild inscription?
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: Again with the strange letters. If this is related to guilds I have always faithfully served as a warrior of honor and light. I also am skilled with hammer and flame.
Favourite activity in MMORPG: My confusion grows as to these letters though I am called to quench darkness and bring hope to lands once covered with fear and doubt.
Horde or Alliance: I align only with that which is good and noble
Starwars or StarTrek: The stars have ever shewn down on the land, I do not know whether there are wars in the heavenly lights and or if it is possible to travel to them.
GoT or The Walking Dead: I slay the walking dead, they are abominations to the world. I do not know what GoT is though I once traveled through a Gate of Time that lead me to a view of the past.
Dwarfs or elves: I have found friendship in both and alliances have both proven victorious over the spread of darkness.
Beer or water: I good Ale is always welcome and water is a part of life.
Pineapple on pizza: I live off the provisions available as I travel alone, I am not skilled cook or provisioner but always hold tight that which is a gift from the land. What is this pizza that is spoken of, is it a special potion?

What will you play in Embers Adrift? I do not play, I am what I am...a Knight.

Last edited:
Nickname: Ester / Tess (Family and Friends)
IRL Location: England
Year of Birth: 1992

How did you ended on this forum?: I was introduced through the website.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? Being part of the community, making friends and enjoying the wonderful Adventure.

Kids?: No.
Pets?: I like animals, but I'm allergic. :(
Significant other?: o_O
Astral Sign: Sagittarius
Favourite MMORPG: Embers Adrift ♥
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: I am playing a Striker (currently level 4).
Favourite activity in MMORPG: Really enjoying the exploring and meeting people along the way.
Horde or Alliance?: I don't know that.
Starwars or StarTrek?: I'm not really a fan of either, sorry.
GoT or The Walking Dead: GoT
Dwarfs or Elves? Elves
Beer or water?: Water!
Pineapple on pizza?: My favourite Pizza is Sweetcorn and Pineapple.

I'd just like to add that I had a great first day playing yesterday and also a little bit today. Everything looks so beautiful and the music and sounds are just so relaxing. I am recovering from depression and I can tell this will really help me. I also met a person called 'Axe' moments after I first logged in and we adventured together for hours. Then to my surprised he added me to his friend list. I'm so glad to be apart of this, thank you!

Nickname: Ferretor (In game)
IRL Location: Massachusetts
year of birth: 1978

How did you ended on this forum?: I had been keeping an eye on this game for a while, first heard about it when it was SoL. I was very interested in it.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift?
Slower pace, group play, prioritizing the journey over the destination, older community

Kids? None
Pets? 2 ferrets
Significant other? Yes
Astral Sign: Cancer
Favourite MMORPG: EQ2
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: Tank
Favourite activity in MMORPG: Tanking difficult content in a good group…or even in a bad group sometimes. :p
Horde or Alliance? N/A
Starwars or StarTrek? Star Wars up to Ep 6
dwarfs or elves? Elves
Beer or water? Water
Pineapple on pizza? Nah

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Tank

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname: T-Bone
IRL Location: Alabama, USA
year of birth: 1980's

How did you ended on this forum?: Researching the game

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? I like the "retro style" of the game. No hand holding, theory crafting, etc.

Kids? 3 of them
Pets? 3 gold fish
Significant other? yes
Astral Sign - Capricorn (and true to it)
Favourite MMORPG - None at the moment
Favourite role/class in MMORPG - Typically a mage style class
Favourite activity in MMORPG - Dungeons (loot hunting) - Theorycrafting gear / builds
Horde or Alliance? - Neither really - Alliance if I had to choose
Starwars or StarTrek? - Both
GoT or The Walking Dead - Both (walking dead up to about season 5 was great)
dwarfs or elves? - Dwarfs
Beer or water? - Water
Pineapple on pizza? - Not typically, but I can take it or leave it

What will you play in Embers Adrift? - Unsure yet - Probably will have multiple characters

Nickname: Gwen/Truelies/Eromer
IRL Location: NJ USA
year of birth: 1969 (is there a better year? I think not)

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? The open ended aspect, that I will never be "done" with it.

Kids? 6
Pets? 0 (you see I have 6 kids, so no time)
Significant other? Yes, <3 my Wife
Astral Sign Cancer/Rooster
Favourite MMORPG WoW, Lineage 2 (pre 2010 version)
Favourite role/class in MMORPG All
Favourite activity in MMORPG depends on the MMO
Horde or Alliance? Either
Starwars or StarTrek? Cowboy Bebop
GoT or The Walking Dead I designed the BluRay Menus for GoT, so I am biased ;)
dwarfs or elves? Elves always Elves
Beer or water? Racer 5 IPA
Pineapple on pizza? Never fruit/cheese/tomato sauce is a recipe for Heathens

What will you play in Embers Adrift? Jugg/ Warden/Beserker (PLEASE CAN I GET A 4TH CHARACTER SLOT SO I CAN PLAY A HEALER TY TYT YTTYTYTYTYTY)

INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Nickname
: Emrys
IRL Location: Georgia, USA
Year of birth: 1982

How did you end up on this forum?: Reading about game mechanics, and searching keywords, stumbled across this nice thread and thought it would be fun to participate.

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? #1, I am most interested in the old-school feel; however, I have become fascinated with the crafting system, allowing us to use different materials for different outcomes on our gear. I am hoping that crafting will continue to be strong up to the end as I've been very happy with what I've made so far! #2, I love the mystery behind the lore and taking my time to slowly read the quest/dialogue to learn more about this world. #3, and tied to the old-school feel, I love the social aspects of this game!

Kids? None
Pets? One dog and two cats; these are my kids, haha!
Significant other? Yes, she's the best!
Astral Sign: Taurus, and that's no bull!
Favorite MMORPG: EQ1, FFXI
Favorite role/class in MMORPG: CC/Buff/Debuff (Enchanter, EQ1) or Support (Bard, FFXI); however, my favorite role of all time has been Corsair in FFXI for the random luck mechanic.
Favorite activity in MMORPG: Historically, the crowd control roles; more recently, crafting and collecting.
Horde or Alliance? Horde, I liked the Goblins but ended up really enjoying Zandalari Trolls and Vulpera in the end.
Starwars or StarTrek? I like both for what they are. I enjoy the fantasy and world of Star Wars but love the tech talk of Trek. Picard is #1.
dwarfs or elves? Why isn't Hobbit/Halfling a choice here?! Also, a big fan of Gnomes. So, I guess I have to default to Dwarves here.
Beer or water?
Neither, I prefer soda.
Pineapple on pizza? Sure, it's okay, but not my favorite. My favorite would be chicken alfredo pizza with jalapenos.

What will you play in Embers Adrift? I have all three characters all set (STK: Brigand, SUP: Warlord, and DEF: Juggernaut). I'm not completely certain about the DEF yet, but so far, so good.

Last edited:
Nickname: MarcusFromOz
IRL Location: Australia
year of birth: sometime in the 1960's

How did you ended on this forum? LazyPeon

What interest you most about Embers Adrift? The challenge, the community and that it uses Unity (I'm an indie game dev myself)

Kids? Grown up and moved out
Pets? Yes, they don't move out
Significant other? Yes, hopefully she won't move out either
Astral Sign: I don't care
Favourite MMORPG: Ultima Online, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lord of the Rings Online
Favourite role/class in MMORPG: Sneaky melee
Favourite activity in MMORPG: Being useful
Horde or Alliance? Horde
Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Trek of course
GoT or The Walking Dead: GoT of course
dwarfs or elves? I come from a long line of Cornish tin miners, so of course dwarfs
Beer or water? LOL, though I prefer a cider and a good coffee
Pineapple on pizza? Y E S

What are you playing in Embers Adrift? Brigand, Marshall but mainly Duelist

Last edited:
Back