What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback Game - List your 3 favourite things and 3 most disliked things about the game

Write down your reason to start playing Embers Adrift
- I was looking for an MMORPG that takes grouping and adventure seriously.

Write down your 3 favorite things about Embers Adrift
- The low magic setting
- The emphasis on grouping even for regular content
- The sense of danger when exploring a dungeon

Write down your 3 most disliked things about Embers Adrift
- Lack of character classes and build making options that really hook me
- Hard segregation of characters of different levels.
- Overwhelming time requirement to increase level and crafting.

- I found some nice articles online on MMORPG.com and MassivelyOP, and after some videos I was interested in the game, especially for grouping and immersion side of the game.

- Group play is fun.
- Exploration and immersion: I love to explore new zones and find something new in already explored zones (like chests or named monsters). And I only saw like two regions.
I really like how the map works (drawing as you explore an area) and to have difficult times exploring dungeons!
And I also like the night or dark zones that requires torches, even if sometimes dungeons are too dark.
- Classes: I think that the advanced classes are all quite good and I like the difference and skill difference between them. The more I look at the classes, the more I want to try each one!

(please note that I am quite new and did not play much, so I don't know if those things changes later in the game)
- Classes: even if the skill and settings of classes are different and can use some different weapons/armour, I don't "feel" much difference while playing with other classes. I didn't see many animations or sounds (I would love to hear some Warlords shouts or songs!) and I believe classes are missing some "unique" style and animations - but I understand this can be hard to improve as a small team.
- Sometimes it is hard to find people to form groups and to help with crafting when you need maths from different professions. I feel like some player (or guild) merchants could help with the crafting, and some in game events (or calendar maybe?) could help making groups for some stuff.
- I believe this will change at higher levels or can be related to my low knowledge of drops/crafting, but for now I feel that there are too few armors pieces that you can wear at low level, even as a defender. I understand and I like the weight system, but my knight at level 13 can not wear many pieces of armor, and I'd love to be on full armor :D

-Was looking for a more relaxed, community driven MMO with things to farm for. Tried the F2P weekend a few ago and met some cool people and stayed

1) The game is group combat driven. You have to group up to do the content, and the main way to get xp is to kill things with friends. I like that a lot in a game
2) The no p2w aspect is super refreshing. I think the $10 /month choice is a super fair business model for the game's current state and hope it helps them grow. It's so nice to have basically unlimited stack size and things like that. Forgotten how nice that feels
3) Small community, feel like you are a part of something growing and it is cool to see how hard the studio does work. The QA is cool to be a part of as well

1) For a game that is based around group content, I really think there can be a lot of improvement here, especially with how small the community is.

I think the GEL system helps a ton but think there's a few more things that could help too. One is allow people to teleport to you inside dungeons only. This should be a no brainer with this games population in my opinion. Often times someone will leave, or we get going with only a few people, but then there are opportunities to get a full group. Why not allow like the healer spec or something to be able to teleport only in dungeons, similar to Vanguard. This would make it so you didn't have to back track and go through all that annoyance with how slow paced this game can be at times.

One more thing in regards to grouping is, why is there no way to mark enemies for groups that aren't in voice chat? I'd like to place targets over heads to strategize with the team or to call out a cc, etc.

Not to ramble more but I think the Friends list/Guild lists should be account wide. It is way too hard to track everyone and could help familiarize with folks. So many names clogging up things. Just a couple ideas..

2) Game visuals. I think now with the exposure slider, night time is so much better and even is my favorite time to play now. The day time can use a ton of improvement though. On every shadow during the day my game just is constant flickering around. I have sensitive eyes and it really bothers me and a big part on why I took a break from the game. I've seen this on twitch streams of others too and have sent videos about it. I have tried many options to improve it but seems I can't. I am surprised to not hear others complain more about it. It makes me super concerned also to hear about other weather types wanting to be added later when the shadows of day is that rough. Early morning is also way too bright, I play games not to be flash banged by bright lights. If I wanted that I could just step in the sun in real life lol

3) No end game content to look forward to. I know they are constantly adding more stuff to the game. I get it, a lot of work to do. But coming into a big grind of a game and seeing nothing cool to look forward to at the end is weird for me and I'm sure others. I know that it takes awhile to get there anyways but it'd be nice to have more to do at end level and less of a grind leveling. Always feel like that's people's preference

Last edited:
  • Write down your reason to start playing Embers Adrift

• As a subscriber of ElloaWendy on Twitch, I have been watching her play Embers Adrift a lot. The game looked very appealing and I was eager to play a game with Elloa for the first time.

• Write down your 3 favorite things about Embers Adrift

• The music sounds beautiful
    • The game is very naturistic
    • Lots of roles to choose from (and you get to pick a total of 3)

• Write down your 3 most disliked things about Embers Adrift

• Lack of compass (it is easy to get lost in dungeons, and sometimes you can't see Blupiter)
    • Lack of voice acting (that could make the game more entertaining)
    • Lack of magic

- MMO that promotes grouping and interdependence. No micro-transactions! Free trial during worldbreaker.

- Healer/Tank/DPS trinity, with sneak & pulling!
- Environment & atmosphere are immersive. Lighting system is great.
- World feels dangerous. Even low-level mobs are not pushovers. Death is punishment.

- Combat feels stale/repetitive. Either whack, or shoot. I would like to see more creative encounters, and ways to approach them. See next point.
- Ability system is basic, with limited choices. Also, I know it's 'Low Fantasy' - but I miss crazy abilities like Evac, Gravity Flux, Charms, fear kiting, Feign Death, AOE's, lifetaps, Harm Touch, etc.
- Low population & item economy is almost non-existent.

Last edited:
    Slower Paced Gameplay

1. Limited Hot Bar that is easy for me to grasp
    2. Focus on PvE over PVP, Grouping Focus
    3. Gear and Quest Rewards Feel Impactful

1. Navigation is difficult [cognitive issues/disability]
    2. Grouping is difficult with small playerbase [I realize this isn't something with an easy "fix"]
    3. Limited ways to progress character outside of combat

Whyso - 21 Marshal

Old EQ player, been searching for something similar for a long time, and Pantheon never seems to come out.

• Write down your 3 favourite things about Embers Adrift
    1. Grouping, Exploration with the maps and not having a location indicator.
    2. Slower pace combat, every item u actually care about getting (Also the weight system is super cool).
    3. The abundance of things to do as far as leveling spots, trade skills, dungeons etc.

1. Motif of dungeons looking the same (at least early on), Maybe more textures or less copy pasting sections.
    2. Named spawns feel no different and sometimes even easier than the mobs u are farming around them. To me, a named mob should feel more like an event or challenge. Maybe con a bit higher and have a little more health/abilities than the mobs around them. Make me earn that loot.
    3. Optimization in general; Monster pathing is wonky, movement feels like you are on ice, overhead nameplate clipping, character model random motion blur, etc.

I am looking for a game that grasps what i enjoy most in the genre.
  • :)Second day playing so take the following with a grain of salt if u wish:)
    1: Trinity game play
  • 2: crafting
  • 3: Knowing I am punished if I play carelessly 4: No Mounts 5: No PvP
  • Write down your 3 most disliked things about Embers Adrift.
  • 1: Clearly #1 is the lack of population.
  • 2: The progresion feels a bit slow. "I have gained new weapons, armor, and skills but do not feel any more competent in combat".
  • 3: Need more ranged specs - Marksman/Bard/Javalin way to much melee.

I see Youtube Videos and was looking for an real Mmorpg with PVE Group Teamplay!

Write down your 3 favourite things about Embers Adrift
1. Old Scool Gameplay! (Slow Combat, Group Content)
2. Crafting! Let more come plz!
3. Great Community, Always a fun time playing in a group with the Community

1. Night is to long!
2. Classes need more love! In the unique Look and Fantasy!
3. Auction House would be nice!

Embers Adrift is a good game! I enjoy playing it so far :)
Biggest Whish: German Localisation would be a Dream :)

Last edited:
    I saw YouTube videos and was looking for a real Mmorpg with PVE Group Teamplay!

1. Old School gameplay! (Slow Combat, Group Content)
    2. Crafting! Let more come plz!
    3. Great Community, Always a fun time playing in a group with the Community

Write down your 3 most disliked things about Ember Adrift
    1. I think there need to be more diverse weapon options for support, what they can get now is just kind of blah and boring. (for this rugged environment I just don't like running around with a crossbow, stick, or flag. Support want to look cool also) Give Warlord a 2h option besides staff, maybe a 2h mace, give sent a shield option, and the duelist stays with the banner.
    2. Maybe in the future add a role that's more magic-oriented. I know Alchemy is coming so that's awesome but I'm thinking about how there is now. support, defender, striker, then add maybe mage for example.
    3. Some of the higher-level shields are ridiculously large compared to the toon. Looks very silly.

I wanted to play a slower paced game focused more on adventure than rushing to end-game.

• Write down your 3 favourite things about Embers Adrift
    1. The community
    2. The classes
    3. Focus on grouping

1. The combat
    2. It's a little too grindy in terms of XP. I don't want it to be super-fast, but its current pace is just too slow.
    3. Low fantasy

Reason I started
Saw a reddit post that it was on trial. Figured I'd try it as I used to play DAoC extensively and is still my fav MMO to this day.

1. Love the exploratory nature of the game. No minimap, no GPS forces me to really explore and memorize landmarks.

2. The game forces people to interact.

3. I like the slow pacing of the game. I don't feel rushed to do anything.

Dislikes
1. Not having a proper ingame compass.

2. Feels like I'm running into too many quests that needs more than 4 people to tackle. Where are the 2-3 player ones?

3. Low pop kinda sucks esp in my timezone (oceanic)

— My reason to start playing Embers Adrift

I heard about Embers Adrift a year ago from a friend but chose not to play because I felt it was too expensive at launch. Gave it a 2nd look with the pricing changes ($20 buy-to-play + optional sub) and hopped in for the free trial anniversary event to see if I'd enjoy the game (I do)!

— My 3 favorite things about Embers Adrift

1. Low fantasy Group PvE MMORPG! No PvP, which means no toxic behavior! Limits on professions creates dependencies between players (so everyone can't just do everything).
2. Simple mechanics. The game is easy to learn and easy to play.
3. Environmental sounds. Very real and immersive.

— My 3 most disliked things about Embers Adrift

1. Stamina costs for combat skills that also have cooldowns. Makes it nigh impossible to survive groups of mobs. Requires stopping/resting after every fight.
2. Easy to get lost/separated and hard to regroup. Undermines the group play mission of the game. Tutorial should definitely touch on this.
3. Sound effects. Gathering sfx in particular could be so much better (ie prospecting sounds like you're hitting a tin can rather than a rock).

— Worth mentioning: you guys actually ask for and take player feedback, and that's amazing!

Reason I started
Always on the lookout for Fantasy RPG MMO's. This one caught my eye a little while ago and have enjoyed watching the progress ever since.

1. The Team who are some really great people and a Dev team who listens, responds and interacts with it's player base.

2. PvE centric game with no hint of PvP being forced on us. (However, I'm not opposed to another faction and a contested zone that separates the two.)

3. Feels like a breath of fresh air to the genre. Game is very pretty imo, and I really enjoy the ascetics of it.

Dislikes
1. No class or character customization options and every character, regardless of class, plays exactly the same. No need to think about how you're going to "spec" your character as it doesn't exist.

2. Crafting is confusing, even to someone who's played awhile. It seems there are so many components that crafters can make, yet they still can't make everything thats needed for crafting. Very odd system.

3. Character movement in the game is slow. As someone mentioned above, for a group centric game, getting a group to a location together is a bit of a pita.

• Its Curently free and buy to play in future, so in these hard times it was worth a try. Now 4 of us RL mates are playing and in the couple of days we played we are loving it so far.
  • Old Skool like us, enjoying the group dynamic and still being able to solo or gather resources if only 1 of us on. No PvP and hence none of the negative effects PVP balance has on PVE Classes.
  • I will edit this later if i come across something i dislike. Too new to make fair comment.

3 Things I like and don't like about this game...

Likes....
1. Group Combat.
2. Classic Feel
3. Relaxing.

Coming from a fast paced MMOs to a slow and more calming MMO is peaceful. No headaches. No toxic community. Also not pay to win.

Dislikes....

1. Combat movements on mobs are insane... Ski Ski.
2. every other imbued recipes besides plate armor has stats. ( should input THR stats on crafted plate gears or decrease taunt CD with less Stamina usage so a tank can feel like a tank.)
3. Every classes has their own liking and dislikes.
Notice there are 3 CC per main classes Tank/Support/Striker.
Multiple Mobs for Jug/Knight if pulled too much team will wipe for sure can't withstand damage incoming from mobs.
Marshal has no worries CC "Halt" in place.
but I do understand it's how you setup the party and people you want. But what happens if it's low pop and you have no choices but to grab what's available.

Overall I like to play this game. I enjoyed the gameplay and style Classic feel.
One thing that comes in mind is the amount of people can be in the same area for example. CV2- with 7 other groups inside. wouldn't that disrupt the "Experience Dungeoneer" feel if dungeon is swarmed by tons of players?
Tons of things could be done and I understanding small Devs group I'll show my respect and keep up the good work.
Would like to see more "rewarding" type questing for Solo and Group type in the future.

Been 2 months already since I played Ember Adrift. Enjoy it and will continue to play. Looking forward to see what this game progress in the future. :D;)

New vision in a stagnant market of the same homogeneous crap.

• 1. Grouping
    2. Long leveling process/feeling of progression
    3. Dungeons

1. Lack of diverse content
    2. Lack of trade market
    3. Crafting/gathering and materials implementation needs an overhaul/balance for time spent.(might balance with higher population)

I know I'm late to this but I wanted to add to the pile :) and express the 3 things I absolutely love about this game.

- Write down your reason to start playing Embers Adrift
I started playing Embers Adrift due to a loved one's recommendation! I decided to give it a try. I'll be honest, I was just out of games to try (especially on Steam) and this one came up as one my partner said was awesome, so I dove in. Regret = 0.

- Write down your 3 favorite things about Embers Adrift
1. How organic it feels. The realism of the map and navigating by the stars, the need to discover things on your own, the fact that there are no highlighted chests or quest markers. The game encourages exploration - what else might be hidden?
2. The collaboration and fun factor. You can tell the devs have a focus on what gamers like. I was pleasantly surprised by how fun it is to play, given that it doesn't have AAA graphics or all the fancy bells and whistles. It's...amazing, and doesn't even need those. Another big reason it's so fun is there aren't many opportunities for people to...get mad at each other. Aka no PvP. I also LOVE that there are dedicated roles to play. I actually feel like a useful member of the party.
3. Attention to detail and responsiveness of the team. The writing is superb (bonus points from me, an editing wack), makes me want to pay attention. God, who wrote that song of Hallick's? Give you an award. And how the lore explains mechanics in the game - very nicely tied together. Then little details like movement speed buffs on roads, quest design, the intrinsic value of loot, day/night cycles, slower uphills, the fireflies - all things we gamers love.

- Write down your 3 most disliked things about Embers Adrift
1. Hitbox infringement/lack of collision. Especially with spiders phasing into my hitbox so I can't hit them. I know this is being worked on so I won't wax long on this but it is my #1 issue with the game.
2. No place to write quest notes. I've posted about this already, but I love how the quests are difficult enough where you have to pay attention to dialogue - but I need to write my notes somewhere so I don't forget who to talk to, where to go, where I've been, clues, etc. This is something that would be cool to see integrated within the game itself!
3. RNG isn't RNG. Much of the time, RNG rolls end up giving streaks. Which is kind of okay in a group you know, but in a rando group, you can't expect people to be courteous and say, "Oh, you've been grinding for this and need it more than my alt? Here." Even in a group you know, you really don't have time to stop in the middle of a fight to trade. What I'd propose is this: let's say you can only roll NEED if you haven't won a need roll for a turn (a turn being, when everyone in the group has won a need roll). This means that NEED rolls mean need, and you have to be more economical when using that roll, therefore reducing the amount of NEEDing to when players actually need something, and the difference between NEED and GREED will be more clear.

Wanted to try something a little different, see what it was like. PvE centric game.

1. Group-centric but you can solo if you want (at least at lower lvls)
2. The 9 professions are are a little different from each other, interesting
3. Exploring; lots of interesting places to see, and if I go to a dungeon and die, there is a real chance I could get lost or lose my stuff.

1. Can be very hard to find groups to do specific quests at times
2. No help from the community at all. I believe I have a couple questions still waiting for an answer that no one has bothered to help with yet and I've stopped posting new ones.
3. Professions are diverse but static; duelist A is the same as duelist B is the same as duelist C. Even a little customization would be nice.

Simple but hard to play, challenging contents. EQ feels (noob) stage.

1. Most players are so friendly
2. Beautiful design (landscape / dungeon)
3. Feel something is waiting to explore

1. Fighting in dark!!!
2. Auction
3. Skill (too less or just a version II in high level which is totally not ok)

Back