What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback Game - List your 3 favourite things and 3 most disliked things about the game

Write down your reason to start playing Embers Adrift

Been looking for a game with EQ vibes. Been watching Nathan's videos so decided to give it a try. Fun so far.

Write down your 3 favorite things about Embers Adrift

1. Visually beautiful game
2. Tab target instead of action combat
3. Great community

Write down your 3 most disliked things about Embers Adrift

1. Need range and magic classes. Hate seeing everyone just melee targets down. Doesn't feel classes are very different. Give me a pet class!
2. Magic system is very lackluster. Started playing because magic was coming. Hit 20 on my character and I don't even care to do the quest to get it.
3. Not enough to do solo. Low pop makes it hard to get a group sometimes so I give it an hour and then log off. If there was more to do solo I'd stay on longer doing that until I could get a group.

Reason to start playing Embers Adrift:
There is nothing else to play for an old-school MMOer besides another EQ Emulator.

Three favorite things about Embers Adrift:
1. Game World "Feel" (Artistically and Mechanically)
2. Focus on Grinding as a Group to Progress and Not on Questing or Soloing (Old School MMO)
3. Slow Pace of Progression (When you have enough people online to build a group in a given level range.)

Three most disliked things about Embers Adrift:
1. Game Population (Player Volume & Variation)
2. Lack of Finger Wigglers, Alternate Races, and Armor/Weapon Appearance (PC & NPC Variation)
3. Lack of Options for Dungeons in Level Ranges (Horizontal Content Scale & Variation)

Last edited:
Reason to start playing Embers Adrift:
Game is the closest out right now that reminds me of EQ.

Three favorite things about Embers Adrift:
1. Game is a slower paced. Gives you time to explore and make friends.
2. Devs are involved in the community.
3. Focus is on grouping

Three most disliked things about Embers Adrift:
1. Sentinel class does not meet the definition explained on the website. Class needs improvement.
2. Alchemy system needs improvement- cost per result is not worth it. Resource is used for two different things.
3. Lack of groups- even with the small number of players recently joining.

Reason to play the game:
I decided to try the game because I do enjoy more "old school" design and dislike a lot of hand holding. It was my hope that exploration would be a key component to game play.

Three favorite things:
1, I love the look of the world.
2, I like how the characters move/fight.
3, Art design doesn't seem "cartoony" or cute.

Three most disliked things:
1, I hate that I'm fighting deer and small bunny creatures at the start. It's not compelling and was one reason why I initially stopped the subscription. I suppose I was looking for more fantasy and fighting deer doesn't seem like something a promising hero would do. I saw a picture of some new, high level areas and they looked great AND there was some sort of rat creature so I'm hoping things open up a bit later.
2, I have a very good computer/video card and at high settings I get stutter.
3, not sure ... didn't get very far because I couldn't fight anymore deer. I'm planning on trying again next week, hopefully I'll find more good things than bad.

Back