What's new
Embers Adrift

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Armor

Kenshin

There needs to be more info on this. Armor weight is way to restrictive at low level. I spent hours grinding out copper nodes to make armor, that I can't ever use apparently. So a "Warlord" is supposed to be half naked with some cloth shoes and a loincloth since, I can't wear the copper armor i was finally able to make? Ohh but, I can make better lighter armor at higher level? Well that is unhelpful, trying to grind out exp to lvl dressed like a caveman. Why even make any armor at low lvl if u can only use the yoou make at a higher level? I was having fun, until this point. It really makes me want to uninstall. I can't be the only person that this has frustrated...

MrDDT

I'm not quite sure what you saying is right.

So yes you can make lighter stuff as you level up your skill. I think this is pretty good system. You can also make heavier stuff and more AC as you level up.

I think where you are getting stuck on is you think (because most games are like this) is that if you are heavy armor user, you can wear all the crappy low level gear of heavy armor in all your slots. This game isn't like that, you don't get to wear them on at the start even of the crappy gear. You have to pick which slots you want that provide good stuff, and also which items you got to deal with that give you the best choices of that armor.

Each class/subclass have diff armor weights they can do based on what you pick. Like I'm a support class and I'm wearing a metal chest but nothing else, because I got a good chest and the weight is high and the AC is high, the stats are good and it's so heavy I can't wear anything else but cloth.
While other support people will wear 3 other metal armor pieces because they have good stats that are equal to my stuff one item. It's about choices, moreover, if you look at my friend who is a DEF/Knight has all 4 of our pieces and wearing all of them because they have the weight to do it.

Kenshin

Not being able to wear more than 1 piece of armor is kind of lame.... why even add other slots? Wtf is the point of armor if it can't protect you? Why would you only ever be able to wear 1-3 pieces of it? That just makes NO sense and is also a deal breaker. imput.gifWhat a waste of $50... The game was enjoyable to this point. I don't get why not being able to wear a full set of armor was a step they took to not be like other games, that seems like a stupid reason to make that decision....

Last edited:

MrDDT

Not sure I'm understanding you.
You can wear way more than 1 piece of armor. In fact you can wear all the slots of armor, it just requires you to get them crafted or dropped, you can't wear the heaviest armor as a DPS with all the slots.
People can wear a full set of armor.

I think there is some confusion here.

Kenshin

No confusion. It's dumb that you have to mix and match like a hobo, instead of just being able to wear a full set of plate. I spent all that time, and I can't even wear the chest piece by itself... still stuck in starter gear thats just some pants, crap boots, and a shirt. Tried making my own, but can't wear any of it. I would have to keep changing professions over and over to not be naked. Seems counter productive...

MrDDT

I'm not sure what games you've played where people craft all their gear at level 1 and can gather everything and craft everything right out of the gate.

Just FYI you can make more than 1 char and can gather with them too.

I've never ever played a game where at low level you get all your armor and can wear a full set of plate.

AdricLives

Stormhaven Studios
For testing many of the recipes have been available from lvl 1, so crafting yourself into too much armor weight is currently possible. In many cases you could potentially wear one piece of heavier armor, but the lighter slots should be available first and as you level you fill out more and more of your slots.

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
One of the things we wanted to do when designing our armor system is provide as much flexibility to the player as possible. This mean not adding role restrictions to armor, but instead trying to find another way to restrict what people could wear based on their role. This is where the armor weight system comes into play. Each slot has a fixed armor weight range for equipped items. Each role has an armor weight allowance that when exceeded imposes pretty strict penalties. Ideally this would lead to visual variety, but also some difficult decisions you as a player have to make about what to equip, and what to not equip. The system is a bit unorthodox yes, but we also feel that it grants the player a great deal of flexibility in the armor that they wear.