What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

After Two Weeks - Feedback and Observations

Mixl

General Thoughts

I think the game is in great shape overall. Graphics, sound, and zone design are great. Performance has seemed to generally improve since I started playing. Immersion is great. Stability has been good in general.

Good Stuff:

-
The crafting update was excellent. Relying on others is the key to a successful community game. More on this below.
- Nice body shape choices on character creation.
- Zones feel big and open. Lots to potentially explore.
- Dungeons are a blast - so much fun.
- Death penalty design is well balanced. You don't lose all your stuff, but your bag gets left behind so corpse runs are still a thing and that's great.
- Class design and balance seems to be good. All three base classes are needed for tough content, which leads to more community.
- I love the AC cap based on weight, level, and class. It prevents new players from being able to load up and destroy everything in sight solo.

Needs Some Work:

- The overall lore needs some TLC. Where are we, and why are we here? What is the overarching story?
- There are lots of empty houses and huts, and it makes zones feel abandoned. Where did the residents go?
- Armor and weapon graphics are ho-hum. Everything seems to be the same shade of grey or brown, so everyone kind of looks the same.
- I can outrun just about anything, at least on my striker...so taking a chance on a high level mob isn't as dangerous as if its going south, I can just run for it. I think certain animals should be faster than people. Maybe I can outrun a bandit, but I sure as heck can't outrun a bear or deer.
- Better optimization overall would be great - my rig can run a VR system but I can't run EA in Performance mode.
- When someone lights a torch in a dungeon, performance degrades significantly.
- When EA goes live, will there be enough mobs and resources to support a large player base?

Would Be Nice To Have:

- Mounts or some other kind of player driven transportation system, like the ability to train horses, build carts, etc.
- More variety in monsters
- A quest log (I think that might be coming)
- The ability to build our own camps in the wild
- A specific class like a Ranger so that ranged/bow character is viable (maybe it already is, I am not sure) with tracking/scouting abilities
- The ability to target what the main tank is targeting
- Sneak ability for the classes meant to be stealthy

I'm really having a great time in EA. I can't wait until the servers are back online!

Mixl/Myxle

Thanks for the feedback, awesome to hear things have been stable for you. Lore is still being shared as more and more quests get added, and yea some of that related to the empty houses/huts that you find. Armor and weapon visuals are continuing iterations as more content is added to the project, some cool stuff coming for sure! Outrunning stuff becomes a bit harder as you progress and creatures are bigger/faster, while we want leashing in some capacity it will be fairly large leashes compared to other games. Optimization is still ongoing with improvements weekly, stay tuned for upcoming patch notes. For mobs/resources on launch we've discussed being able to enable dynamic respawn rates, because the zones will definitely be ransacked lol.

- The ability to target what the main tank is targeting

There is an assist key, F by default.

- Sneak ability for the classes meant to be stealthy

We don't have a specific stealth class, but crouching does reduce the chances of alerting enemies to your presence.

We don't have a specific stealth class, but crouching does reduce the chances of alerting enemies to your presence.
Speaking of crouching, is there any chance that keybind could be made into a toggle? I have rheumatoid arthritis and it can be challenging to hold down two or three keys at once. It would be nice to be able to tap crouch once and remain in that stance until I press the key again.

Speaking of crouching, is there any chance that keybind could be made into a toggle? I have rheumatoid arthritis and it can be challenging to hold down two or three keys at once. It would be nice to be able to tap crouch once and remain in that stance until I press the key again.
yes please i want to say i also want it toggleable.

It would be nice if lower level plate armor looked like metal - I have a plate cuirass and it looks like padded leather. Small thing, but I was a little bummed when I equipped it :)

Reactions: CWB
It would be nice if lower level plate armor looked like metal - I have a plate cuirass and it looks like padded leather. Small thing, but I was a little bummed when I equipped it :)

Which item specifically? Maybe its misconfigured.

It's actually a Polished Chitin Cuirass - sorta looks like brown leather. Is that intended?
Chitin is the game is basically the outer shell of an insect and hence looks different from metal and leather.
GqiPLgI.jpg

Back