Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Search results

1. Fyredancer

Leveling issues beyond design

Six hours looking for a group ? Why ? I can solo 1/3 of level 24 in that time, with some gathering along the way. Sometimes I solo, sometimes I group. Having a great time.
  2. Fyredancer

Discovery > Striving> Achieving > loop ...

The Stuff-Ups are important to the fun - 1. Risk/Reward. Well discussed. 2. Personalisation. The stuff-ups are personal. I did Eye of Ibax first part with Nathan's public raid. Coming back to complete it with a wonderfully vague clue about an object in ruins. So I knew some ruins, went off and...
  3. Fyredancer

Discovery > Striving> Achieving > loop ...

Hey all :) Embers means discovering things for oneself, with your own time & effort. (Whereas following a mini-map to a quest marker is following a track to someone else's previous discovery. Boring.) That means striving to find it yourself, using eyes and brain, maybe a lil help from...
  4. Fyredancer

The Torch Run

... there's nowhere else to go. Great work Marcus. That was so much fun.
  5. Fyredancer

Embers Weapons Comparison Chart

Wow, great work. Did you know there is an Embers wiki now - this would fit right in there : https://embers-adrift.wiki/wiki/Main_Page And a Bees of Knowledge page similarly : https://beesofknowledge.com/ Only just found out after taking a break. "Jeez, I'm out of it for a while, everyone gets...
  6. Fyredancer

My MMO Tier List (please add yours as well)

Wow Marcus, you are a true gamer :) A few memories of mostly early games that you may recall - Arctic Fox Late 80s IIRC. Very crude 4 colour 3D world on an Amiga (a what?) - ice and snow, exploring and hunting in a tank. My very first 3D world to explore freely. Ultima Underworld 2 - Labyrinth...
  7. Fyredancer

Alchemy - The Great Art

Heya Marcus :) Telegraph Road - fantastic work, remember it well. Will check out Bowie ...
  8. Fyredancer

Alchemy - The Great Art

Looking forward to Alchemy. Interesting topic, back on earth Alchemy became a big thing in the 1600s, a roller coaster time of powerful bankers and warring Kings and secret societys like the Rosicrucians. In the 1400s the Hermetic documents escaping from fallen Roman Byzantium have inspired...
  9. Fyredancer

Suggestions: Mouse & rats, home, well...

Oh, super :) I have a Rat Smasher already !
  10. Fyredancer

Suggestions: Mouse & rats, home, well...

Hey all, Some suggestions - I use BIG mouse pointer, but it looks horrible, and the active point is weirdly out of place so it can be hard to just click the right spot. Also, the 'tooltip' that appears on mouse-over appears mouse-under so it can't be seen. Random loot boxes (stashes and...
  11. Fyredancer

Embers Adrift in the Year 2525:

Yup, it's a great game :) I'm having fun in between breaks, enjoying new features each time I return. (I like exploring, gathering, crafting, hunting, chatting - usually solo - just 'Being There'.) But the population has faded - chat is quiet, trade is rare, town is dead :( Peaked at about 50...
  12. Fyredancer

Is it worth?

If you liked EQ style games, you would likely enjoy Embers Adrift. Graphics / interface etc. are modern, will look and play great on a new PC (and you'll be ready for Pantheon when it comes out in the 2030s :) Great fun for a couple of months, up to maybe level 15-20 as mentioned, but it gets...
  13. Fyredancer

Hungry for 'shrooms

Got a thing for 'shrooms :) But as I move further out, shrooms become very scarce. Plenty in Northreach, some in Meadowlands, a few in Red Shore, barely a handful in Dryfoot. (Maybe shrooms need moisture, maybe this keeps supplies down and potions rare.) Please Sir, can we have some more ?
  14. Fyredancer

Discussion on speed of progression

Yes. As I grind along (with 3 characters to go slower but wider) I can usually feel the call of what is next - the next goal. The next area to explore, the next mob to fight, the next gathering skill, the next crafting augment, the next potion, the next tier of weapon etc. ... It takes some...
  15. Fyredancer

Sounds like a good plan Elloa :) Things to do on the way, and things to do at 50.
  16. Fyredancer

Honestly, I don't know. I'm playing three characters for wide progress rather than fast. Maybe I'll get them to 50 and move on to other games, maybe I'll restart with friends.
  17. Fyredancer

I'm having fun. Not looking for an end game.
Back