What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

LIVE October 10th; what's new?

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
This coming Sunday marks our first year as a launched product. We've come a long way but still have much more to do! See the most recent State of the Game for a recap of what our small team has accomplished in the last year and a preview of what is yet to come. Today's patch is a bit of a hot fix along with enabling some tech for the anniversary celebration.
  • Tech
    • Adjusted server settings to reduce the chances of the Highland Hills zone from crashing.
    • When an NPC avoids because they cannot reach you it will show in the combat log as "AVOIDS (CR)" where the CR stands for cannot reach (tooltip will also say this)
    • Improved respawn reliability in Forgotten Depths
  • Environment / Art
    • Fixed LODs on potted plants
    • Fixed visuals on Copperhead Spear
    • Fixed stuck spot in Redshore Ridge
    • Added dust puffs to people's feet when lay of the land is applied.
    • Added temporary VFX for other aura applications
  • UI:
    • Fixed tooltips flashing for one or two frames on startup
    • Added a notification to high level players (>9) killing in Newhaven Valley that their kills will not contribute to their hunting log
    • Auto attack indicator is now colored red and more pronounced.
    • /who improvements:
      • Empty results will now show as 0 players found
      • Will now show a group icon next to players in your group
      • Friends are now shown in a different color (previously this was for group members)
      • Your character's name will show in white.
      • Zone will now show after guild in /who results. Format is now [Level Role] NAME <GUILD> (ZONE)
  • Design:
    • Fixed issues with pre-spawned Ashen mobs not rewarding Ember Essence
    • Mobs closer to Ruptures now have a greater chance of turning Ashen.
    • Added a Well Travelled Road to Dryfoot
    • Terradiles are now skinnable
    • Adjusted 3^ wander range in Blightroot Grove to further reduce the chance of them wandering into the 1^ loop.
    • Level 40 chests will now properly drop resources.
  • Quests / Lore:
    • Fixed Magda quest issues for real this time.
Celebrating our 1 year anniversary
A number of changes can be found throughout Newhaven Valley, Newhaven City, and Northreach to help celebrate our 1 year anniversary. Have a chat with Ichabod in the city to learn more about these strange happenings.
p3SbaKy.png

Turnip season has returned! Most humanoids have a chance of dropping one of several variants so make sure you get them while you can!
c7YbFaM.jpg

Newhaven City has taken up a new banner for this momentous occasion!
1tfa3Fh.png

Over the weekend you will likely encounter some mobs that take advantage of our new event mob tech. These mobs are denoted by the blue "circle" on their nameplates (will show behind the GEL icon if present) and have some unique features:
  • Show as white con to all players 1-50
  • Can be fought by all players 1-50
  • Their damage output is proportional to your total health pool rather than a base value. This should make these mobs much more engaging for players of all levels at the same time.
  • Do not award experience
  • Drop cosmetic items
xHD3r2a.png

Last edited:
Their damage output is proportional to your total health pool rather than a base value. This should make these mobs much more engaging for players of all levels at the same time.
I like this idea.

I'd also enjoy it if there was entire events that were scaled like this. Like special ruptures that spawn lots of tough enemies that scale so everyone could help kill them. Would give high lvl toons reason to visit old zones and low level folks a reason to risk the run through higher lvl zones... It might bring the small community together to defeat large scale events like that. Not sure what kind of rewards you'd need in order for folks to want to go through the trouble of traveling to them. Ember essence, event specific crafting mats, xp, titles, cosmetics, repeatable quest rewards maybe (Like a once a day or week quest that requires you contribute and be close to the closing of the special event). Make that shit super tough too, like tons of 1,2 and 3 chevs in waves and then finally a wave of 4 chevs that would take some coordination to split and kill... What I think I'm saying is I want to you recreate Rift... I loved that game.

Will the mobs at the max distance from a rupture have the same chance as before to turn ashen, and the mobs closest to rupture has a higher chance? Or was the chance reduced for the max distance mob? Still looking for elk recipes.. :(

So much good in these patch notes, thank you.

In the future I'd like to see this expanded on, its a great idea that I've been thinking about also.
/who improvements:
  • Will now show a group icon next to players in your group
Perhaps for example:
* [Level Role] NAME <GUILD> (ZONE)
+ [Level Role] NAME <GUILD> (ZONE)
- [Level Role] NAME <GUILD> (ZONE)

where:
* = in my group
+ = in a group (but not mine)
- = not in a group

Last edited:
Back