What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Native Linux Client (Experimental)

I went ahead and loaded up the newest Proton GE (8.4) in steam and launched there. I think it may be fsync or esync or some other setting in Lutris that just makes it more smooth.

Thanks for the reports everyone! There is still some work to do in order to get the automated builds going so I'll update here when a new updated build comes available.

Quick update to my previous post: Spent the weekend with my wife and kids, wasn't able to further test Proton vs native, but I will be purchasing Embers this month in order to continue testing between both clients. While I agree that Proton is great, the native client is very much preferred and appreciated, if determined feasible and achievable in the long run. Looking forward to more development in this regard *thumbsup* That said, I am really interested in fps numbers. I recently saw someone on Youtube asking about Windows performance on the GTX 1650, so my question would be: What type of fps are we looking at on the Windows side of things when going by the official system requirements or anything similar to a 1650? Would be nice to have a reference line with lower-end systems in order to compare against the Linux version. Ty!

I can't say what the fps is like on Windows, but for me with proton or native its probably around 70 fps average at 1440p, no scaling/fsr with high settings. I would think if you are using 1650 @ 1080p, 60 should be very achievable, and you can scale down the resolution as needed.

I was testing FSR yesterday which is done by lowering the resolution slider under 100% with FSR turned on with Lutris, Bottles or Steam launch options, and it increases fps pretty dramatically. Even taking it down to 95% probably gave me another 10fps.

The biggest gripe performance wise is that inconsistency or stutter that seems to happen no matter what options I use, and is most pronounced on the Linux native client. I have not really found a way to mitigate that. FPS will just just get cut in half, and then return to normal.

Have you tried the Windows version through Proton? This initial test is more about if it is a viable alternative to that.
Sorry for the delay in reply, I have tried the Windows proton version but it run slightly better but not by much. I will do some more testing tomorrow when the sub is optional.

First issues I notice are that with multiple monitors, while holding right will still drag off the screen into a separate screen and cause me to click outside the game losing focus. I think it needs like a full screen exclusive option or something.

Second issue I notice is that in 1440p (did not test other resolutions) the target of target will appear stacked instead of below as it is supposed to.

FPS seems slightly higher fps than windows version thru proton. Was getting as high as 120fps @ 1440 balanced with high ultra settings. I did not test it long enough to see whether it suffered from more stuttering than previously.

I have not run the game in windows and wonder if windows has the stutter issue as well? Seems to happen in proton as well, but not as bad as the previous linux builds.

Without the ability to keep my cursor in the game window its pretty hard to test.

cpu 7950x3d
gpu 6800xt
64gb ddr5
arch linux 6.4.1 zen2-1-zen kernel (Garuda)
mesa 23.1.3

@Undone No Pressure...

I Finally decided to swap to Linux and then I see its currently broken... I can't win lol (Intel A770 Issues before).

Anyway I will be here waiting :)

Also thanks for all you do :)

@Undone No Pressure...

I Finally decided to swap to Linux and then I see its currently broken... I can't win lol (Intel A770 Issues before).

Anyway I will be here waiting :)

Also thanks for all you do :)
doh! I'll see if I can nail down what is going on this week. One of the compilation steps is erroring out from what appears to be an engine level bug - but you never know with unity....

The new version runs. It's not smooth though.

Oddly I'm showing about the same 50fps on potato as using wine, but not smooth.

Didn't play long enough to see if the memory leak was still there.

ASUS Laptop
Lutris / Proton works.
Native Client: I login, select character, get loading screen up to 50%. It pauses for 30-60 seconds, shows unloading screens, then back to login screen.

DISTRIB_ID=LinuxMint
DISTRIB_RELEASE=21.2
DISTRIB_CODENAME=victoria
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria"

5.15.0-83-generic #92-Ubuntu SMP Mon Aug 14 09:30:42 UTC 2023 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
00:00.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Root Complex
00:00.2 IOMMU: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 IOMMU
00:01.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:01.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 PCIe GPP Bridge [6:0]
00:01.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 PCIe GPP Bridge [6:0]
00:01.3 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 PCIe GPP Bridge [6:0]
00:08.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge
00:08.1 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to Bus A
00:08.2 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Internal PCIe GPP Bridge 0 to Bus B
00:14.0 SMBus: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SMBus Controller (rev 61)
00:14.3 ISA bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH LPC Bridge (rev 51)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 0
00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 1
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 2
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 3
00:18.4 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 4
00:18.5 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 5
00:18.6 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 6
00:18.7 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven/Raven2 Device 24: Function 7
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU117M [GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q] (rev a1)
01:00.1 Audio device: NVIDIA Corporation Device 10fa (rev a1)
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 15)
03:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Phison Electronics Corporation PS5013 E13 NVMe Controller (rev 01)
04:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Picasso/Raven 2 [Radeon Vega Series / Radeon Vega Mobile Series] (rev c2)
04:00.2 Encryption controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) Platform Security Processor
04:00.3 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven USB 3.1
04:00.4 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Raven USB 3.1
04:00.6 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] Family 17h (Models 10h-1fh) HD Audio Controller
05:00.0 SATA controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 61)

GLX Information for Trisha:0.0:
direct rendering: Yes
GLX extensions:
GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control,
GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear, GLX_EXT_buffer_age, GLX_ARB_create_context, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GLX_NV_copy_image,
GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile, GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_ARB_create_context_no_error, GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness, GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_EXT_stereo_tree, GLX_ARB_context_flush_control,
GLX_NV_robustness_video_memory_purge, GLX_NV_multigpu_context

server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
GLX_EXT_buffer_age, GLX_ARB_create_context, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile, GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_ARB_create_context_no_error, GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness,
GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_EXT_stereo_tree, GLX_EXT_libglvnd, GLX_ARB_context_flush_control, GLX_NV_robustness_video_memory_purge, GLX_NV_multigpu_context, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float,
GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GLX_NV_copy_image

client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
GLX_EXT_swap_control, GLX_EXT_swap_control_tear, GLX_EXT_buffer_age, GLX_ARB_create_context, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile, GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GLX_NV_copy_image, GLX_NV_copy_buffer, GLX_NV_multisample_coverage, GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile, GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_ARB_create_context_no_error, GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness,
GLX_NV_delay_before_swap, GLX_EXT_stereo_tree, GLX_ARB_context_flush_control, GLX_NV_robustness_video_memory_purge, GLX_NV_multigpu_context

OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/PCIe/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 525.125.06
OpenGL extensions:
GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect, GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture, GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index, GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_ARB_bindless_texture, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended,
GL_ARB_buffer_storage, GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object, GL_ARB_clear_texture, GL_ARB_clip_control, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_ARB_conservative_depth, GL_ARB_compute_shader,
GL_ARB_compute_variable_group_size, GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_ARB_copy_image, GL_ARB_cull_distance, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_depth_texture,
GL_ARB_derivative_control, GL_ARB_direct_state_access, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_ARB_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility,
GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility, GL_ARB_ES3_1_compatibility, GL_ARB_ES3_2_compatibility, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport,
GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_fragment_shader_interlock, GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4,
GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image, GL_ARB_gl_spirv, GL_ARB_gpu_shader5, GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, GL_ARB_gpu_shader_int64, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_ARB_imaging,
GL_ARB_indirect_parameters, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_multi_bind,
GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_ARB_parallel_shader_compile, GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object,
GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp, GL_ARB_post_depth_coverage, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_query_buffer_object, GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior,
GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_sample_locations, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counter_ops,
GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters, GL_ARB_shader_ballot, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_ARB_shader_clock, GL_ARB_shader_draw_parameters, GL_ARB_shader_group_vote, GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store, GL_ARB_shader_image_size,
GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_shader_precision, GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object, GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, GL_ARB_shader_texture_image_samples, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_shading_language_100,
GL_ARB_shader_viewport_layer_array, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_ARB_shading_language_include, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ARB_sparse_buffer, GL_ARB_sparse_texture, GL_ARB_sparse_texture2,
GL_ARB_sparse_texture_clamp, GL_ARB_spirv_extensions, GL_ARB_stencil_texturing, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, GL_ARB_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object,
GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array,
GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_texture_filter_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_gather,
GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_query_levels, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_rg,
GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_ARB_texture_stencil8, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_texture_view, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_transform_feedback3,
GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit,
GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_ARB_window_pos,
GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate,
GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_EXT_draw_instanced,
GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_EXT_multiview_texture_multisample, GL_EXT_multiview_timer_query, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_packed_float,
GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp, GL_EXT_post_depth_coverage, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_raster_multisample, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_secondary_color,
GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shader_image_load_formatted, GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store, GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_EXT_sparse_texture2, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side,
GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc,
GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_texture_filter_minmax, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_lod,
GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_texture_shadow_lod, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_R8, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_texture_storage,
GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_transform_feedback2, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit, GL_EXT_window_rectangles, GL_EXT_x11_sync_object, GL_EXT_import_sync_object,
GL_NV_robustness_video_memory_purge, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_KHR_context_flush_control, GL_KHR_debug, GL_EXT_memory_object, GL_EXT_memory_object_fd, GL_NV_memory_object_sparse,
GL_KHR_parallel_shader_compile, GL_KHR_no_error, GL_KHR_robust_buffer_access_behavior, GL_KHR_robustness, GL_EXT_semaphore, GL_EXT_semaphore_fd, GL_NV_timeline_semaphore, GL_KHR_shader_subgroup, GL_KTX_buffer_region,
GL_NV_alpha_to_coverage_dither_control, GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect, GL_NV_bindless_multi_draw_indirect_count, GL_NV_bindless_texture, GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced, GL_NV_blend_equation_advanced_coherent,
GL_NVX_blend_equation_advanced_multi_draw_buffers, GL_NV_blend_minmax_factor, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_clip_space_w_scaling, GL_NV_command_list, GL_NV_compute_program5, GL_NV_compute_shader_derivatives, GL_NV_conditional_render,
GL_NV_conservative_raster, GL_NV_conservative_raster_dilate, GL_NV_conservative_raster_pre_snap, GL_NV_conservative_raster_pre_snap_triangles, GL_NV_conservative_raster_underestimation, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_NV_copy_image,
GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_NV_draw_texture, GL_NV_draw_vulkan_image, GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility, GL_NV_ES3_1_compatibility, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_NV_feature_query, GL_NV_fence, GL_NV_fill_rectangle,
GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_NV_fragment_coverage_to_color, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_NV_fragment_shader_barycentric, GL_NV_fragment_shader_interlock,
GL_NV_framebuffer_mixed_samples, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_geometry_shader_passthrough, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_NV_internalformat_sample_query, GL_NV_gpu_program4_1, GL_NV_gpu_program5,
GL_NV_gpu_program5_mem_extended, GL_NV_gpu_program_fp64, GL_NV_gpu_shader5, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_NV_memory_attachment, GL_NV_mesh_shader, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint,
GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_NV_path_rendering_shared_edge, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_NV_point_sprite,
GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_NV_query_resource, GL_NV_query_resource_tag, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_NV_representative_fragment_test, GL_NV_sample_locations, GL_NV_sample_mask_override_coverage,
GL_NV_scissor_exclusive, GL_NV_shader_atomic_counters, GL_NV_shader_atomic_float, GL_NV_shader_atomic_float64, GL_NV_shader_atomic_fp16_vector, GL_NV_shader_atomic_int64, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load, GL_NV_shader_storage_buffer_object,
GL_NV_shader_subgroup_partitioned, GL_NV_shader_texture_footprint, GL_NV_shading_rate_image, GL_NV_stereo_view_rendering, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4,
GL_NV_texture_multisample, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_NV_texture_rectangle_compressed, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_transform_feedback2,
GL_NV_uniform_buffer_unified_memory, GL_NV_uniform_buffer_std430_layout, GL_NV_vdpau_interop, GL_NV_vdpau_interop2, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit,
GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_NV_viewport_array2, GL_NV_viewport_swizzle, GL_NVX_conditional_render,
GL_NV_gpu_multicast, GL_NVX_progress_fence, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_NVX_nvenc_interop, GL_NV_shader_thread_group, GL_NV_shader_thread_shuffle, GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced, GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent,
GL_OVR_multiview, GL_OVR_multiview2, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_SUN_slice_accum

Last edited:
MSI Motherboard + AMD Video desktop:
Linux Client -> Core dump before any screen appears.
Same OS as laptop above.

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4668 (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 12th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x16 Controller #1 (rev 02)
00:02.0 Display controller: Intel Corporation AlderLake-S GT1 (rev 0c)
00:06.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 12th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x4 Controller #0 (rev 02)
00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation 12th Gen Core Processor Gaussian & Neural Accelerator (rev 02)
00:0a.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Platform Monitoring Technology (rev 01)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Device 7ae0 (rev 11)
00:14.2 RAM memory: Intel Corporation Device 7aa7 (rev 11)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Device 7ae8 (rev 11)
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Device 7ae2 (rev 11)
00:1a.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7ac8 (rev 11)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7ab8 (rev 11)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7ab9 (rev 11)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7abb (rev 11)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7a86 (rev 11)
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Device 7ad0 (rev 11)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Device 7aa3 (rev 11)
00:1f.5 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Device 7aa4 (rev 11)
01:00.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 10 XL Upstream Port of PCI Express Switch (rev c0)
02:00.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 10 XL Downstream Port of PCI Express Switch
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 22 [Radeon RX 6700/6700 XT / 6800M] (rev c0)
03:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 21 HDMI Audio [Radeon RX 6800/6800 XT / 6900 XT]
04:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Sandisk Corp WD Black SN750 / PC SN730 NVMe SSD
05:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Intel Corporation SSD 600P Series (rev 03)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller (rev 05)
08:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 02)

So native client is not running on two different computers with either radeon or nvidia gpu?

I tested new native client to see if it worked at all, and it did.

My system is on a newer kernel (6.3.11) with mesa 23.1.6, also using radeon 6800xt, but with AMD cpu.

I dont know whether it matters, but is there not a newer kernel you can use with Mint beyond 5.15?

I tried with fresh Mint install running off USB stick on my Desktop
MSI Motherboard + AMD Video desktop:
Linux Client -> Core dump before any screen appears.
Same OS as laptop above.

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Device 4668 (rev 02)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 12th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x16 Controller #1 (rev 02)
00:02.0 Display controller: Intel Corporation AlderLake-S GT1 (rev 0c)
00:06.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 12th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x4 Controller #0 (rev 02)
00:08.0 System peripheral: Intel Corporation 12th Gen Core Processor Gaussian & Neural Accelerator (rev 02)
00:0a.0 Signal processing controller: Intel Corporation Platform Monitoring Technology (rev 01)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Device 7ae0 (rev 11)
00:14.2 RAM memory: Intel Corporation Device 7aa7 (rev 11)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation Device 7ae8 (rev 11)
00:17.0 SATA controller: Intel Corporation Device 7ae2 (rev 11)
00:1a.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7ac8 (rev 11)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7ab8 (rev 11)
00:1c.1 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7ab9 (rev 11)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7abb (rev 11)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation Device 7a86 (rev 11)
00:1f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Device 7ad0 (rev 11)
00:1f.4 SMBus: Intel Corporation Device 7aa3 (rev 11)
00:1f.5 Serial bus controller: Intel Corporation Device 7aa4 (rev 11)
01:00.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 10 XL Upstream Port of PCI Express Switch (rev c0)
02:00.0 PCI bridge: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 10 XL Downstream Port of PCI Express Switch
03:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 22 [Radeon RX 6700/6700 XT / 6800M] (rev c0)
03:00.1 Audio device: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] Navi 21 HDMI Audio [Radeon RX 6800/6800 XT / 6900 XT]
04:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Sandisk Corp WD Black SN750 / PC SN730 NVMe SSD
05:00.0 Non-Volatile memory controller: Intel Corporation SSD 600P Series (rev 03)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8125 2.5GbE Controller (rev 05)
08:00.0 SATA controller: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller (rev 02)
I tried again with fresh Mint install running from USB stick. Embers ran, and was quite usable. So something in my particular setup was causing a problem. One difference is that I am using the driver from the AMD web site designed for Ubuntu on my installed Mint system. Not sure if that would cause the crashes.

I am trying EA for the first time today. WIll there be a new build today or will the Oct 10 build be the one?

Back