What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Harvesting Bug?

Dag

I had died to some smugglers and couldn't loot items from mobs, but I was still able to mine ore and have it go in my crafting bag. I thought this might have been an unintended issue. I was able to continue to gather, but couldn't refine the order until I was able to get my regular bags back.

I had died to some smugglers and couldn't loot items from mobs, but I was still able to mine ore and have it go in my crafting bag. I thought this might have been an unintended issue. I was able to continue to gather, but couldn't refine the order until I was able to get my regular bags back.
On death you'll drop your main bag (default "B" keyboard shortcut) but keep both your gathering bag ("G" keyboard shortcut) and anything you've got in your consumables pouch (above your skill bar). If I'm not mistaken, you keep anything you see under the "i" keyboard shortcut, but I believe your equipped items may take a damage hit (someone correct me if I'm wrong, there).

Once your main bag is dropped, you cannot pick-up or craft anything that would normally go into your main bag. If you recover your main bag you'll regain the ability to pick up new items and craft items that go into your main bag...as long as you have available slots, of course. If you cannot retrieve your main bag, there is a way to forfeit that bag, losing all items within, and get a new, empty bag.

I'll add that I think this mechanic is a little confusing and overly punishing. With different bags holding different types of crafting items, and the fact that the bags are actual bags and not just a menu to slide through, I do find it quite awkward to manage and explain - even if it's not outlandish.

I'd love it if there was a way to reconsider what can be done with bags/storage/death.

I do like that bags can be upgraded and I hope these upgrades are craft-able in the future, including chests/bank storage of some sort!

At the expense of repeating myself, I'd love to keep my bag on death and substitute it for an XP penalty. I loath corpse runs; it's the main reason I don't play full-loot PvP/PvE games. The mechanic in this game hasn't yet turned me away, but it walks the line. I can see situations where it could walk over that line (as others have mentioned), where loot is lost and neigh unrecoverable in a challenging dungeon - causing some to have an existential crisis.

On death you'll drop your main bag (default "B" keyboard shortcut) but keep both your gathering bag ("G" keyboard shortcut) and anything you've got in your consumables pouch (above your skill bar). If I'm not mistaken, you keep anything you see under the "i" keyboard shortcut, but I believe your equipped items may take a damage hit (someone correct me if I'm wrong, there).

Once your main bag is dropped, you cannot pick-up or craft anything that would normally go into your main bag. If you recover your main bag you'll regain the ability to pick up new items and craft items that go into your main bag...as long as you have available slots, of course. If you cannot retrieve your main bag, there is a way to forfeit that bag, losing all items within, and get a new, empty bag.

I'll add that I think this mechanic is a little confusing and overly punishing. With different bags holding different types of crafting items, and the fact that the bags are actual bags and not just a menu to slide through, I do find it quite awkward to manage and explain - even if it's not outlandish.

I'd love it if there was a way to reconsider what can be done with bags/storage/death.

I do like that bags can be upgraded and I hope these upgrades are craft-able in the future, including chests/bank storage of some sort!

At the expense of repeating myself, I'd love to keep my bag on death and substitute it for an XP penalty. I loath corpse runs; it's the main reason I don't play full-loot PvP/PvE games. The mechanic in this game hasn't yet turned me away, but it walks the line. I can see situations where it could walk over that line (as others have mentioned), where loot is lost and neigh unrecoverable in a challenging dungeon - causing some to have an existential crisis.
overly punishing? coming from old school everquest this is easy mode... at least you still have your weapons and potions for corpse retrieval and a arrow that shows where said corpse is

overly punishing? coming from old school everquest this is easy mode... at least you still have your weapons and potions for corpse retrieval and a arrow that shows where said corpse is
That's one way to look at it, sure, it could be worse. We've all played many punishing games and have all experienced great loss, but I think you highlight the main call-out:

We're trying to have fun; we're not here to compare scars.

I realize that there's a fine line between punishment and abuse. Sometimes it's enough for us to learn our lesson and sometimes things become too discouraging.

Many of us are older and, like me, have a family (wife, kids, pets, career) and we're involved in sports, music, and education - among many other things. We have limited spare time, but we're totally fine with a fair punishment for getting into trouble. I simply fear that many would rather quietly resign than lose their hard-earned loot…at the bottom of a dungeon (again), at midnight, when they're trying to shrug off a long day and have some fun with friends before having to get some rest.

I think there's merit to reconsidering the death penalty. If it doesn't change, I'll still stick it out - but there will be times when it generates scars and reduces endearment. Something to consider, especially as the game is still very raw, loot is very rare, and not all mistakes resulting in a wipe will be that of the player.

Just wanted to add… didn’t want to make a whole thread for it but bag related… when my bags are full and I win a roll, the item doesn’t go anywhere. It says it went to me but no item. Disappears

Just wanted to add… didn’t want to make a whole thread for it but bag related… when my bags are full and I win a roll, the item doesn’t go anywhere. It says it went to me but no item. Disappears
If you win a roll and your bags are full you should get a notification telling you that. The item itself stays on the corpse for anyone to loot.

If you win a roll and your bags are full you should get a notification telling you that. The item itself stays on the corpse for anyone to loot.
Corpse disappeared and no one else looted it. Not sure if that’s a bug.

Also, Why not have it stay on corpse and the winner of the roll could only loot it? Imagine being excited you win an item and someone else just ninja loots it bc your bags are full.

Corpse disappeared and no one else looted it. Not sure if that’s a bug.
Corpses decay regardless of loot status to prevent stuff hanging around forever.

Also, Why not have it stay on corpse and the winner of the roll could only loot it? Imagine being excited you win an item and someone else just ninja loots it bc your bags are full.
As a counter argument imagine you get disconnected and/or can't free up a slot in your inventory for any reason -> now this item is lost forever and your friends can't grab it for you. But we also don't have tech to "lock" individual loot items for specific players; we can only lock it as a whole while the loot roll is executed.

If someone ninja's the item that's not ideal - but it should tarnish their reputation and make it more difficult to get groups in the future.

Back