What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Gear and Stats

Agreed, specially healer gear with +healing, there's no healing main-hand weapon for example. Many of the armor stats are useless, why I want +positional or +combat movement as a healer? I want full gear with +healing on it or at least make the +positional gear to have the option to have +haste... (I have all the +healing gear in all the slots that currently can be, but still, I'm missing a lot of slots because of +positional or other useless stats...)

Same with tanks, most of the crafted non-imbued gear has no stats, only armor. Why? If normal leather can have stats, why not tank gear? give +positional or +resilience or +avoid to items, most of the tank stuff is just armor... Give tanks fun tank stats, +parry, +dodge/avoid, +block, +riposte, +resilience, +thorns in all gear slots.

Same with weapons and jewelry, there's no way to change the stats, they are all pre-defined. The itemization in this game is so wrong.

Another bonus gear rant, it's nonsense to have a chest piece dropped from a named frog from a level 8-10 frog EV (Glen's Fine Cuirass with 150 AC), and then the level 20 armorsmith reward only has 100 AC AT LEVEL 20! I know it has stats but they are useless to a tank with +positional and +combat mov... it should be at least +dmg mitigation and +parry to compensate but no, itemization is wrong all over again.

Once again, your player base is dwindling because of the stubbornness of not changing things that people want and expect from an MMO (every week the online average number is less and less). You have the raw potential to have a great place to call home, and you want to go your own way through a giant brick wall ahead.

Last edited:
Agreed, specially healer gear with +healing, there's no healing main-hand weapon for example. Many of the armor stats are useless, why I want +positional or +combat movement as a healer? I want full gear with +healing on it or at least make the +positional gear to have the option to have +haste... (I have all the +healing gear in all the slots that currently can be, but still, I'm missing a lot of slots because of +positional or other useless stats...)

Same with tanks, most of the crafted non-imbued gear has no stats, only armor. Why? If normal leather can have stats, why not tank gear? give +positional or +resilience or +avoid to items, most of the tank stuff is just armor... Give tanks fun tank stats, +parry, +dodge/avoid, +block, +riposte, +resilience, +thorns in all gear slots.

Same with weapons and jewelry, there's no way to change the stats, they are all pre-defined. The itemization in this game is so wrong.

Another bonus gear rant, it's nonsense to have a chest piece dropped from a named frog from a level 8-10 frog EV (Glen's Fine Cuirass with 150 AC), and then the level 20 armorsmith reward only has 100 AC AT LEVEL 20! I know it has stats but they are useless to a tank with +positional and +combat mov... it should be at least +dmg mitigation and +parry to compensate but no, itemization is wrong all over again.

Once again, your player base is dwindling because of the stubbornness of not changing things that people want and expect from an MMO (every week the online average number is less and less). You have the raw potential to have a great place to call home, and you want to go your own way through a giant brick wall ahead.
What are your character names?

I agree with ya , I stopped playing a few weeks ago . I really love the game but there is just to much wrong with it to invest anymore time.

I disagree with this entirely; I like the system the way it is. Also, I don't know if the game has changed much, since I just started playing, but I'm a level 18 Sentinel without a single piece of +healing, and I'm fine with that.

I feel like the problem people have with the game is that they just don't really understand how the itemization works.

For instance, if every piece of gear had +healing on it, then you would just collect +healing gear. Then, you just have different sets of gear for different roles, which just involves more work for them and more blah for us.

Instead, with this system, every piece of gear is potentially useful to anyone, regardless of role. Anyone can take damage, everyone deals damage, and some people can heal (or maybe everyone can with potions?).

What's really neat about the armor system is that you collect a bunch of gear, and then, every time you level or add to your collection, you have to solve a little optimization problem to get the most of your stats within the constraints of your slots and armor weight capacity. I like puzzles!

So, right now, my goal is to get the +healing rod from aquifer karst. That one item will give me a +10% boost to my healing, so obviously that one's a need. But now I have flexibility with my other stats.

When I was soloing, I killed a named deer named Strider a couple times and got a few good pieces with really low weight and +positional stat. What do you know, when I'm not healing, I'm hitting things, so instead of going, "ugh, this is useless to me," I was able to incorporate the gear into my setup and now have +12 positional.

With my hatchet in groups that does an auto attack average of 10 damage per swing, that positional modifier gives me a 5 + 1.25 x pos = 20 damage bonus when hitting from behind the enemy. That's huge! Plus, I get the +3 armor damage for support positional (behind) and then using assailing strike really shreds enemy armor, and when things die faster, the tank needs less heals.

So yeah, if you think your role should be just healing (or whatever) and nothing else, and if you just want a ton of drops that are useless to most people with just obvious bis items you have to get and that's it, then you might hate this system.

But if you want every drop to be potentially meaningful to anyone but with various degrees, and a fun system that makes you think just a little about how to work with what you've got, then you might, as I do, really like this system.

That's just my 2¢.

With my hatchet in groups that does an auto attack average of 10 damage per swing, that positional modifier gives me a 5 + 1.25 x pos = 20 damage bonus when hitting from behind the enemy. That's huge! Plus, I get the +3 armor damage for support positional (behind) and then using assailing strike really shreds enemy armor, and when things die faster, the tank needs less heals.
I want to clarify this because I think my wording made this sound way crazier than it is. I'm pretty sure +DMG from weapon positionals is a percentage increase, so my auto attack would be going from an average of 10 on a normal hit to an average of 12.

Also, my assailing strike does an average of 28 damage and 56 armor damage (with my current setup), so a normal hit would do and average of 28*1.2 = 33.6 damage and (ABS + 56)*1.03 armor damage.

So, for example, if the mob had 20% of my damage absorbed by its armor, then, with my positional stat, it would take 33.6*0.8 = 26.88 damage and (33.6*0.2 + 56)*1.03 = 64.6016 armor damage, instead of 28*0.8 = 22.4 damage and 28*0.2 + 56 = 61.6. That's an increase of 4.48 damage and 3.0016 weapon damage, in this example.

On harder mobs, I might use this ability 3 or 4 (or more) times, so we're talking like 13-15 extra damage and like 9-12 extra armor damage from this ability, plus an extra about 10-14 damage from auto attacks (accounting already for auto-attack pauses from casting). I know it's not going to make-or-break most pulls, but when you're sitting in the wolf/spider cave killing things for hours, it makes a difference. I mean, that's almost as much extra damage as one of my healing potions heals, plus whatever the group benefit is from the extra armor damage. Plus, I'd be using distracting strike at least once for the debuff, which is another 3.84 damage and 0.96 armor damage increase.

At least that's how I think it works. And I have no idea how rounding works.

Back