What I like:- The concept of the duelist, offering support by way of increased party damage
- Combined Strike. This is a great ability, with low stamina cost and great return on damage, especially in longer fight when it runs the duration.
What I don't like:- Triage: As far as stamina efficiency goes, this is top tier, however in a typical group setting with a proper tank holding aggro, this has no value, as no-one else is taking damage. I found the likelihood of this situation was so uncommon, I didn't even have it on my bar since we only have 6 slots, and it makes more sense to slot an ability that would come into use more often. Early on, in tank-less groups, this ability found more use, but I feel like in the setting of a launched game where everyone is likely to be grouped up, this will not get its chance to shine.
- Disengage: Suffers from the same non-use scenario as Triage. I found that in a typical group setting past level 15, there was rarely a need for this, and it didn't makes sense to even slot it on the hotbar for that rare occasion.
- Weak Point: I use it, only because its an attack, but the damage resist debuff doesn't feel spectacular and a little behind compared to similar debuffs given to the warlord and sentinel. This might just need to be buffed by a few percent to be in line with the warlord and sentinel debuffs.
- Serration : Love the idea of this ability, but in practice, it just feels very burdensome to use, having to constantly reapply for 5 seconds, only to see it proc 4-5 times. This is especially annoying as pulls in the group become more spaced out, and I find myself having to chase down the striker to apply to their weapon.
Suggestions:- Remove Triage and replace with an attack that places a reactive heal debuff on the target that provides healing when hit. This would provide a group heal of sorts, and be inline with the style of play the duelist is supposed to be. This would also allow this skill to be used when both solo or grouped, whereas Triage currently has no use solo, unless you're really into being incredibly wasteful with your stamina pool.
- Allow Serration to last until the 30 charges have expired, or simply last much longer, or be an aura of some sort.