What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback After 21 Levels of Duelist

I don't think it does.
he's probably twisting definitions as usual

stated plainly: Even if a warden stays out of combat an leaves the buff up, a player in combat stance will not get it and this exceed the scope of comparing the ability of a duelist to solo just like a warden does

If you are running from a fight, you are not in-combat, you are fleeing

DDT is quite often wrong and misleading, I tell him things, he goes to look it up and then finds out he was wrong 'the end' no retraction or anything. Most recent example that comes to mind was something as trivial as me stating mobs are green until 10 levels below you (as per patch notes). He said 9, checked, notes agreed with me.

I don't think it does.
Yeah, you can use it while in "combat" but not in combat stance. Example, a wolf is chasing you is considered "combat" however, you are running, you totally can have the buff going at this time.

There's arguments here proposing scenarios where Triage is useful, and I just want to clarify, I don't think Triage is 100% useless. There are obviously scenarios where it would make sense to use it. My point is that so far, those scenarios have been very rare. I don't find my party needing a heal-on-the-fly often, so giving Triage a slot on the hotbar for this scenario is in my opinion a wasted slot. FIghting mobs that AOE are also highly uncommon, but sure, this is another scenario where Triage would be effective, but its also not a problem space for the Warlord or Sentinel who have 2 heals to use. I can tell you that the Warlord's group HoT is just fine for healing through the Sawtooth bunnies AOE.

Triage is a cool skill, and I like it too, but we have 6 slots on the hotbar, and it isn't useful often, leaving the Duelist a lot weaker than the other Supporters for a large majority of the game. You really have to play these classes to get a feel for how they compare to one another too. On paper, the duelist seems amazing and I thought the duelist was great up until level 15ish when I began to do content that really needed the tank/healer/dps setup, and I never had a situation where I needed to group heal. Switching from the duelist back to the warlord at level 21 was like night and day in terms of healing and group dps.

Triage isn't useless to me either. It sets Duelist apart from the other supporters that all have some kind of heal over time. Triage makes sense on Duelist because Duelist is expected to be up there in the mix on melee, Triage can be used off hand to heal people in the mix at once. Triage is also faster than First Aid and it does not slow down your movement letting you heal while running in or when running away. It is also a second heal when First Aid is in cooldown. Healers forget to heal themselves and Triage can help with that. One problem it can cause is you can get aggro from untapped enemies but that might be what Disengage is for. Triage and Disengage pairs up. Maybe it's healing power can be tweaked a bit more.

If Serration is really as short as you say (5 seconds) then it should probably have a 100% of applying. If it's set longer then it should be by chance proc. Or go with the charges as you said.

Back