What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

BETA TEST September 28th focused feedback

Tenet

• Are you beginning to notice performance improvements with the changes made in the last two weeks?
Yes it is noticeable, albeit only on higher end machines. The low end video cards are probably still struggling with the vram requirements as they might only have 3-4GB of Vram.
  • Have you encountered NPC hard leashing? If so what are your thoughts?
Yes, I have seen it several times, they run back at higher speed than just the old walking back animation and heal pretty well, its clearly visible that they are disengaging. The way enemies react feels a bit wonky though. Sometimes wolves follow me through rain and mud twice or even three times the usual disengage distance, other times the named mob I wanted to kite, turns back sooner than I would want it to.
  • What are your thoughts on the egress points taking you back to town instead of to the beginning of the dungeon?
I know that having to walk everywhere feels uncomfortable, and I am not against the monoliths as they dont make travel trivial themselves due to their placement and useage cost, but the limited portals/fast travel options give a feeling of distance what was very common in early games. That also makes the map feel bigger. Your journey feel more important. If you could just instantly teleport to a dungeon instance and back you would never discover that rare spawn along the way. I am strongly against putting more easy travel in the game. If other players feel that having no fast travel is a deal breaker give them speed buffs, speed potions or mounts, but travelling through the landscape has a feeling of its own, and we should not take it from the players.
  • Additional thoughts and comments on the updated crafting consolidation listed below?!
I like the crafting, the deeper it is the more exciting it will be for a certain group of players. I especially like that you can mix up the ingredients getting different outcomes and the fact that this is not documented in the UI before you actually try it. You have to go and put the materials in yourself and see what will come out of it if you craft it. The usability of crafting professions will need to be tweaked a lot, I trained leatherworking on one of my characters and heavy weaponsmithy on the other, and while people flock to me when I advertise my weapon making capacity, noone seems to care about getting some leather armor made for them.

Thanks for the feedback! A couple of quick points:

• Have you encountered NPC hard leashing? If so what are your thoughts?
Yes, I have seen it several times, they run back at higher speed than just the old walking back animation and heal pretty well, its clearly visible that they are disengaging. The way enemies react feels a bit wonky though. Sometimes wolves follow me through rain and mud twice or even three times the usual disengage distance, other times the named mob I wanted to kite, turns back sooner than I would want it to.
Different NPCs have different leash distances depending on their spawn configuration so to some degree this is expected. If there are particular instances where this is egregious let us know and we'll certainly take a look.

• What are your thoughts on the egress points taking you back to town instead of to the beginning of the dungeon?
I know that having to walk everywhere feels uncomfortable, and I am not against the monoliths as they dont make travel trivial themselves due to their placement and useage cost, but the limited portals/fast travel options give a feeling of distance what was very common in early games. That also makes the map feel bigger. Your journey feel more important. If you could just instantly teleport to a dungeon instance and back you would never discover that rare spawn along the way. I am strongly against putting more easy travel in the game. If other players feel that having no fast travel is a deal breaker give them speed buffs, speed potions or mounts, but travelling through the landscape has a feeling of its own, and we should not take it from the players.
Keep in mind that these egress points are only one-way teleporters found inside of the dungeons. You cannot teleport TO them, you can only use them to teleport OUT of the dungeon.

• Additional thoughts and comments on the updated crafting consolidation listed below?!
I like the crafting, the deeper it is the more exciting it will be for a certain group of players. I especially like that you can mix up the ingredients getting different outcomes and the fact that this is not documented in the UI before you actually try it. You have to go and put the materials in yourself and see what will come out of it if you craft it. The usability of crafting professions will need to be tweaked a lot, I trained leatherworking on one of my characters and heavy weaponsmithy on the other, and while people flock to me when I advertise my weapon making capacity, noone seems to care about getting some leather armor made for them.
Yea I think we still have some work to do to make leather more enticing.

Back