Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Search results

1. Kaeolin

"HELP" Chat Channel Suggestion

With Regard to the Help channel, as long as it doesn't become another chat box for people to just talk in, I agree with it. It needs to be able to be unchecked/hidden for those who don't wish to participate in helping. With regard to Calkrow, those of us who've been here for a year or more...
  2. Kaeolin

Community Meetings on DISCORD

Will other devs be participating in the meetings?
  3. Kaeolin

Discussion on speed of progression

It has been my understanding, since I backed the game, that they are trying to change the mindset and create a different game. They've stated over and over no end game and that it's about the journey. MMO's for years have stressed that the game begins at max level. Embers Adrift begins at...
  4. Kaeolin

Map of Newhaven

We had more chest spawns in the world in Alpha, but they were abused. 1 guy could run into an area, mobs chase him out and another could loot the chest. Also, chest spawns were static so you knew where they all were. Chests mostly in dungeons now.
  5. Kaeolin

November 3rd; what's new?

Great Update. Any update on swimming in Meadowlands?
  6. Kaeolin

Regen of health and Stamina in and out of combat

A rather lengthy discussion has been going on in Discord with regard to how regen of health and stamina works. Would a developer please clarify. Do we have a natural health regen in Combat? Do we have a natural Stamina Regen in Combat? Do +health and +Sta Stats benefit a player in Combat...
  7. Kaeolin

RE: Subscription Policy

It was discussed in discord, but I'd like to know the official stance for maintaining the 9.99 subscription rate. There appears to be only a 3 day window. What happens if I cannot subscribe within those 3 days. Is there a grace period where I am able to retain the 9.99 subscription rate?
  8. Kaeolin

October 20th; what's new?

a possible simple solution is to prompt for what instance to zone into when zoning if multiple instances exist. Don't know how easy that is to code.
  9. Kaeolin

A quick overview of the advanced classes

Yes. Appears up to date.
  10. Kaeolin

October 12th; what's new?

Bears still don't close melee distance properly and animation for 2h Maul is off. At one point the arm moved to in front of the chest lol.
  11. Kaeolin

BETA TEST September 28th; what's new?

I feel like leashing is a little to extreme now. I can pull 2 mobs solo, one gets speed buff because it agroed me, other doesn't have it..lags behind quickly and resets.
  12. Kaeolin

Random things I'd like to see

I don't disagree with you. I'm just saying if the Developers don't change it, you'll have to deal with it a different way. I play a healer, so I don't chase mobs anyways.
  13. Kaeolin

Random things I'd like to see

i usually just switch to a ranged weapon when I encounter these. If you don't move, they won't move. Sure, it means the Tank isn't going to be able to help, but like Undone said, they can focus on melee mobs and let the ranged deal with ranged. Problem is, as it's been in the past, learning a...
  14. Kaeolin

BETA TEST June 8th; what's new?

wow..lots of new stuff. Looks Good.
  15. Kaeolin

BETA TEST June 1st; what's new?

all those things you named were great additions except the adding more Solo content. Game was never meant to be soloed. I saw a post in discord the other day about a guy who soloed a 3^ Red Con mob. Took him 30 minutes but he was successful. If I were to attempt a Red Con mob in any other...
  16. Kaeolin

Because typically, people sit at these teleport stones and don't explore. And before anybody says it, yes I know I don't have to use them. Just like I can make the nights darker and turn off Fog. I also didn't expect to see new features added in Beta. Beta is usually test existing...
  17. Kaeolin

Kind of surprised to see Portal Stones in game. Travelling about the game wasn't bad and we got to see the beautiful world you built.
  18. Kaeolin

BETA TEST May 25th; what's new?

look forward to checking it out this weekend.
  19. Kaeolin

Feedback Travel Times

well maybe you'll get your wish and you can port about at your leisure. You ever make the run from Wetlands to Ironforge in Wow? Before you had gryphons. Even with Gryphons you had time to go get a drink and use the bathroom. Getting to the point where the only thing old school feeling will...
  20. Kaeolin

Feedback Travel Times

I'm not sure where you are going from/to that takes 30 minutes. I've yet to be in a group who complained about the distances in game or the time it takes to get from place to place. It's not a disrespect of your time when they've said all along they want you to see the world. You play the...
Back