What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

where is everyone

i saw maybe 2 people in the starting zone.. how can you expect someone to pay monthly if the game is so lonely
14 people on when I try to play, grind from 26-27 and knowing there is more to go solo has killed it for me :( Want to play.. but I get so bored and log :(

Steam would do wonders for Embers at this point. It would be the most solid indie mmo available on the platform and bring millions of potential eyes to the game. This baffles me.
There are over 75k games on Steam, every month over a 1000 get added, so the chances of "accidentally" stumbling over it are very slim, and given how niche it is it's unlikely to be covered on the front page. Also, for the studio to get the same 40$ per game sold, it would need to cost 60$ on Steam, which is pretty hefty.
The game is very niche, but it had pretty good coverage on launch etc., so I'd guess most people that are actively looking for something in that niche will stumble upon it.

And lastly: I'm pretty sure that at this point well over 10k players have played this, at least if you include the free trial/free weekends etc., and how many are left of them? What do you think the reviews would be like for a 60$ game where 99% quit before lvl 30?

This game is really raw but I'm glad it exists in the sea of MMOs that never came out after taking lots of money. I probably won't stick around but I do appreciate that we got a free trial, very generous of the devs.

Heya! Thank you for your kind words!
If you have the occasion, before to make your final decision, try to group up with other playersas the game truly shine once playing in group (not guaranteed you will like it, but the game has been created arround that idea)
To find other players as trial you can communicate via the HELP channel /help - You can also use our Discord server - And hang out with teh streamers playing the game. We do have extremly helpful community members and several players making alts or starting the game.

Back