What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

The Case for Controller Support (Patrial Support At Least)

delmontyb

So far, I've really enjoyed my experience with Embers, and interestingly enough the left and right stick work in game, allowing for movement and camera control. One thing that I'd really enjoy is if this game would offer controller support. I saw the other thread from the devs that said they weren't interested in it for this game, but I'd like to request they reconsider and while it doesn't need to be a full featured controller setup, having the ability to map buttons to abilities.

To keep it simple in terms of default mapping here are some things that would really make the game great.
1. Left Trigger Hold (A/B/X/Y) = ability 1, 2, 3, 4
2. Right Trigger Hold (A/B/X/Y) ability 5, 6, 7, 8
3. Left Trigger / Right Trigger Hold + LB / RB = TAB left / Tab Right
4. A = Jump (if talking with an NPC accept - confirm)
5. X = target nearest NPC/Enemy (if in menu it could be used to move forward)
6. B = Cancel
7 Y = Map

There are more mappings you could use Left and Right on the D-Pad to also target tab target left and right
UP and Down on the D-Pad to cycle through your party members.

Anyway, thank you for your time and consideration.

It's a big deal, this demographic is higher in terms of say, proportion of nerds and geeks and professional tech folk. Consequently you'll have more tendinitis, carpal tunnel, etc. Although to be fair you already can go largely without mouse use.

I too would like to se a game pad integration. Since I have reached a point where I can play anything I want and the market is vast, having a cumbersome control system using mouse and keyboard is a deal breaker for me. Can't see myself playing much and certainly not subscribing until this is addressed.

Back