What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback Suggestion: End Goal for Dungeons

is this feedback?

Meladry

Hi all! Quick suggestion: add an "end" boss or chest in dungeons, EVs, etc. Some sort of end goal to look forward to, to work toward. Right now it's just a grind - which is fun, but I can grind anywhere. And everywhere feels like a grind. I would love for dungeons and even EVs to be more than that - a boss or chest with special loot you can't get anywhere else - but like, at the "end." That way, when you reach the "end" of the dungeon, you feel more accomplished and get that loot/xp you came for. Would add some more appeal for all dungeons in all regions regardless of level.

Great suggestion but since these aren't instanced dungeons and multiple groups can be in them at the same time it just wouldn't work. If there is a chest or boss at the end guess where you will find a group camped at in every dungeon?

I do wish there were more to dungeons tho.

Great suggestion but since these aren't instanced dungeons and multiple groups can be in them at the same time it just wouldn't work. If there is a chest or boss at the end guess where you will find a group camped at in every dungeon?

I do wish there were more to dungeons tho.
I see what you mean, but the instance isn't the key. The key is the party - teleport to party, but only when the party is in the EV. I'm sure that's possible.

As to your point about camping, you're right. People will camp. They already camp Exile Overseer and Torturer and literally every other named, so I don't see a difference honestly.

One way you could implement something like this without instancing could be a teleport to a boss/loot area with a relatively fast respawn. Then the only way out, would dump you outside the zone.

I don't like the idea of doing this for every dungeon, because I think it would just be too formulaic/repetitive. But having a few like this would be cool.

Another way to do it would be to have the key to the chest drop off a named mob in the zone, so to open the chest you need the key.

We already have despawnable chests ingame, this one would just look bigger and have a special key.

Another way to do it would be to have the key to the chest drop off a named mob in the zone, so to open the chest you need the key.

We already have despawnable chests ingame, this one would just look bigger and have a special key.
Yes! I've seen this idea proposed by others as well, and agree that it needs to be implemented to prevent ninja looting at the very least. Undone addressed that in this post.

Back