What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

FIXED [Solved][Forum Bug] Unable to select text

• Thread starter Deleted member 32699
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 32699

I have this weird problem with the forum (text box):

When I'm writing a text and want to edit it, it's simply not possible to select the text by mouse.

Instead, I am forced to place the cursor somewhere and then manually delete the text (e.g. with the delete key), which is quite annoying to be honest.

Is it the same for others or is it my browser (Safari 17.3.1 on macOS Sonoma)?

Hrm, I am not experiencing those issues on macOS 12.6 (Monterey) via chrome or safari. I haven't updated my OS in a while though so it could be something quirky with Sonoma?

I actually *just* upgraded from Monterey to Sonoma yesterday.

I'm usually a bit hesitant with upgrading (never change a working system), but I wanted to make sure that I'm up to date to avoid any technical issues before installing Embers Adrift.

May I ask which version of Safari you are using?

I highly suspect that Safari is responsible for this bug (I also just upgraded to Safari 17.3.1 - and Youtube has become *really* laggy all of a sudden).

I'm usually a bit hesitant with upgrading (never change a working system), but I wanted to make sure that I'm up to date to avoid any technical issues before installing Embers Adrift.
Same!
May I ask which version of Safari you are using?
Looks like 16.6
I highly suspect that Safari is responsible for this bug (I also just upgraded to Safari 17.3.1 - and Youtube has become *really* laggy all of a sudden).
I've typically found that shortly after an os upgrade the system chuggs for a bit while everything reindexes. Might be worth taking a look at Activity Monitor to see if anything is going nuts.

I don't know why (I haven't changed anything on my side), but all of a sudden I can highlight text normally with the mouse. Weird.

So... solved, I guess?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back