What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Scrap Ore rate bugged for Tin?

Keiban

I'm getting like 30-40% Scrap Ore from Harvesting and another 30% from Refining, which seems insanely high.
I'm using a Tin crafted Pickaxe and was between lvl 14 to 16 in Prospecting. Are the calculations maybe mistakenly using my character level instead of the skill level (I was only lvl 10-11 at the time)?

I did another tour, harvested 74 tin and 4 scrap, refining it gave 66 tin and 8 scrap. More reasonable, but still a bit high at 16 prospector...

another round of tests with refining, this time with Zink, Copper (Lvl 20 material) and Silver (Lvl 25 material) at 25/26 Prospecting:

177 Zink ore -> 130 Zink bars, 47 scrap (26.5% scrap rate) 25 prosp
51 Highl.copper ore -> 39 copper bars, 12 scrap (30.8% scrap rate) 25/26 prosp
13 Silver ore -> 6 silver bars, 7 scrap (53.8% scrap) 26 prosp

I didn't record how much scrap I got while gathering because it's a PITA to track that, but I'd assume it's similar to the refining rates.
This Data suggests we lose ~50% of material on every step if it's on level with our gathering skill, so you actually only get 1/4 of what you gathered.
It seems to improve by ~5% per lvl above the minimum requirement, so at "halftime" through the tier you still only get ~55% of what you gathered.

For me, these rates feel WAY too high. Please turn them down DEVs, i don't like things getting stolen from me.

EmbersAdrift_2023.10.31.01.59.47.pngEmbersAdrift_2023.10.31.02.01.54.pngEmbersAdrift_2023.10.31.02.02.33.png

It is skill based with the % chance reducing based on your progression past the minimum material level. It is a bit high however and I will look at how we can change this to feel a bit better. Thanks for putting together the info here.

It is a bit high however and I will look at how we can change this to feel a bit better. Thanks for putting together the info here.
So, what about these changes? Shouldn't be that big of a task to change some values around, no? Getting over 60% scrap when you gather/refine new stuff is frankly ridiculous.

1700919606646.png
31 of lvl 30 light leather refined into 19 scrap and 12 leather

Back