What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Player Suggested - 2024 Roadmap Poll - Just suggestions folks

What one feature do you want more than any other in 2024

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I remember these moments from the good old "Warhammer Online" where you stumbled into such an event by chance and took part straight away.
When everything was done, you were happy, bagged your share of the loot & went on your way.

So if possible, also here in Embers Adrift. Perhaps via a later expansion or something similar. We'll see.

Oh, of course: "Fishing" voted.
You see the problem with this is:
1) Events will never get completed when there not many players to help, so it fails and restarts.
2) When events fail, there will not be any rewards.
3) Once people out level that area, the event loops until fail and takes up huge resources to upkeep.
4) Warhammer public events were fun until you reached the level 20+ areas it was empty of zones because everyone rather queue up for BGs to level up and gain point.

You see the problem with this is:
1) Events will never get completed when there not many players to help, so it fails and restarts.
2) When events fail, there will not be any rewards.
3) Once people out level that area, the event loops until fail and takes up huge resources to upkeep.
4) Warhammer public events were fun until you reached the level 20+ areas it was empty of zones because everyone rather queue up for BGs to level up and gain point.
Very good list of possible problems that may occur. The development team could perhaps use this list to begin to counteract these things.

few other ideas, which can be added in game:
- more storage on char - like a extra side bag, maybe 2x5extra slots unlockable with some quest :) would be nice to have some place for gear set changes
- notes for friend list - when it's get bigger it's hard to remember who is who. a short note help a lot
- heartstone to selected emberfire (or monolitth TP with long cd, like 1/2h) would help a lot to some travel.
- autoloot on/off :) and also a pet looting some stuff away from u :)
- summon stones outside dungeons - make life easier to gather party

Last edited:
Being told there were no plans in the works for a trading system or auction house is one of the big reasons I stepped away from embers. I play at off peak hours and am not attending stream held events so any use of crafting seamed meaningless but to gear myself.

I'll second the notion that the auction house is a high priority feature and would probably put it at the top of my list of essential features absent in the game.

While the trade fair is an awesome and immersive experience, it's extremely limited in its reach. Its success rests entirely on the buyers and sellers who happen to be available at that time of day and attend the event, which means in all likelihood, you won't necessarily find a buyer who wants what you're selling or a seller who has what you want/need. Worst of all, a fair does little to help you determine the "trade value" for things in the overall economy. Pricing will thus vary wildly.

In my estimation, where a trade fair is best is in facilitating the buying and selling of "custom made" items. It really supports crafting professions conceptually, provided there is enough flexibility in the crafting system to tailor item properties (style, stats, etc) to player desires. So basically, it'd be like an actual Renaissance Faire. :)

@Pipz and @Sintax
A little precision for you guys. I will repeat what I have said in many occasion and in many place, in case you did miss it. :)
1. Before to create a Auction House, or ANY trade system, the mail system need to be put in place. So the first step is a mail system and this regardless of anything else. One the mail system is in place, then we can discuss about a possible trade system. The mail system is in the road map and is being worked on.
2. The Fair Trade event is something I have organised to help the community trading. But it is not a "feature". It's just my initiative, to make things easier for you guys.
3. Whilst YOU are persuaded that an Auction House is needed in the game, this is NOT an universal opinion. There is probably half of the community that are feeling strongly against an Auction House and would rather a different trade system to be put in place. It is paramount to keep in mind that an opinion is not universally shared by everyone else, and that you are not holding a kind of truth that others are not seeing. Your opinion is valid and it is a fair feedback, but it's only one opinion among several others.

This is not an invitation for more discussion - as I do not want to hijack Marcus poll. There is other thread for that. But it is only a reminder of a few points, in case you did miss them. Thank you guys for reading! PEACE! :)

@Pipz and @Sintax
A little precision for you guys. I will repeat what I have said in many occasion and in many place, in case you did miss it. :)
1. Before to create a Auction House, or ANY trade system, the mail system need to be put in place. So the first step is a mail system and this regardless of anything else. One the mail system is in place, then we can discuss about a possible trade system. The mail system is in the road map and is being worked on.
2. The Fair Trade event is something I have organised to help the community trading. But it is not a "feature". It's just my initiative, to make things easier for you guys.
3. Whilst YOU are persuaded that an Auction House is needed in the game, this is NOT an universal opinion. There is probably half of the community that are feeling strongly against an Auction House and would rather a different trade system to be put in place. It is paramount to keep in mind that an opinion is not universally shared by everyone else, and that you are not holding a kind of truth that others are not seeing. Your opinion is valid and it is a fair feedback, but it's only one opinion among several others.

This is not an invitation for more discussion - as I do not want to hijack Marcus poll. There is other thread for that. But it is only a reminder of a few points, in case you did miss them. Thank you guys for reading! PEACE! :)
Well the other big reason I quit was Elloa being the community manager. I'll go play a different game than to deal with this person. I am also not the only one who has had problems with your responses to questions and feel you are extremely unprofessional. So not likely to return as long as they are in charge.

I'm glad to hear that it's on the road map! That's great news, as far as I'm concerned. Not everyone may like the idea, but practically speaking, I don't know what the alternative would be to facilitate buying and selling. Without a built-in system, it's an exercise largely in futility. Even Discord, as clumsy as that is, is still a trading system, after all.

And just a point of clarification, my opinions on this and anything else that I advocate for are indeed my own. I don't presume to speak for anyone other than myself, but I do hope that my feedback gives the studio another data point in the constellation of opinions.

Very good list, and it was challenging to pick just one feature. I'm particularly excited about new elements that enhance the game's immersion and RPG aspects. Features like fishing, musical instruments, and housing would all be fantastic additions. It might be a stretch for housing to be feasible by 2024, but perhaps by 2025. Fishing and instruments, on the other hand, should be more achievable.

I understand that Embers Adrift is set in a low fantasy world, which I appreciate. However, I would love to see a dragon of some sort introduced as a raid boss for high-level players. The dragon can still adhere to the game's realism and lean towards old European mythology rather than ultra-fantasy dragons. Imagining a colossal dragon lurking in the depths of a mountain dungeon would be both thrilling and terrifying. This could serve as an excellent endgame boss, likely attracting many players to return for such an epic challenge.

Very good list, and it was challenging to pick just one feature. I'm particularly excited about new elements that enhance the game's immersion and RPG aspects. Features like fishing, musical instruments, and housing would all be fantastic additions. It might be a stretch for housing to be feasible by 2024, but perhaps by 2025. Fishing and instruments, on the other hand, should be more achievable.

I understand that Embers Adrift is set in a low fantasy world, which I appreciate. However, I would love to see a dragon of some sort introduced as a raid boss for high-level players. The dragon can still adhere to the game's realism and lean towards old European mythology rather than ultra-fantasy dragons. Imagining a colossal dragon lurking in the depths of a mountain dungeon would be both thrilling and terrifying. This could serve as an excellent endgame boss, likely attracting many players to return for such an epic challenge.
How about a large fire-breathing quillback, with a CV1 looking dungeon that you must enter to fight it.

Back