What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Hot Fix November 1st

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
Today's hot fix is an optional client-only patch to address a number of UI issues.
  • Alchemy tooltips will now only show in the Skills UI when hovering over I/II bubbles.
  • If an ability has no cooldown then it will show "No Cooldown". This also fixes issues where the 2m/10m Alchemy cooldown was not being shown on these abilities' tooltips.
  • Fixed an issue with Screen Alchemy II not showing the proper targeting information.
  • Fixed an issue where First Aid Alchemy II tooltip was showing 100 Health instead of 100% Health
  • Fixed threat over time showing as negative threat.
  • Fixed Alchemy I/II tooltips not showing for abilities that you are not high enough level for.
  • Fixed Alchemy I/II descriptions on Fading Strike
  • Fixed an issue where Alchemy tooltips could get "stuck" when moving between the I/II bubbles and the main ability in the Skills UI
  • Fixed a number of stuck spots and seams in Dryfoot, Highlands, Newhaven City, and Crawling Burrows.
One of the other things we missed in the most recent patch notes is the idea of a "Durable" lasting effect. You will find this on a number of Alchemical abilities in their descriptions. This simply indicates that the buff/debuff does not expire when being hit or performing a hit as it normally would. Keep an eye out for these as they make a huge difference!

Next Tuesday there will be a server hot fix to address a number of other identified issues. This includes:
  • Scavanger ant going ashen
  • No Time To Die Alchemy II not including a damage shield
  • Debuff on Viperid Alchemy I missing
  • more tweaks/adjustments to come as we identify them

Last edited:
Question - how do I opt out of the optional patch? I'd like to jump into the game, then let the patcher run overnight after I log out.

Question - how do I opt out of the optional patch? I'd like to jump into the game, then let the patcher run overnight after I log out.
To avoid a patch you can launch the game directly. The executable is found in your "<launcher directory>\client\live\Embers Adrift.exe".

Back