What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

My wish list for things I would like to see added to Embers Adrift

Mynno

This is just my personal wish list items. I know the Devs are super busy and each patch they add something to the game that so far has definitely made the game more fun and better in the long run. Some of these may seem a simple idea to implement into the game but I know they require extensive development time and resources to not only get them into the game but to have them work properly in game so Dev's your hard work is greatly appreciated by those of us who have made Embers Adrift their home!

Oh and I am fully aware some of these are probably not doable within the confines of the game hence the wish list and not the "I demand these be put into the game now list!" :)

1. A guild bank vault that can be shared by all in the guild.

2. An auction house.

3. Make all food and drinks of the same level have the same expiration timer. (hate having to keep track of two different timers for food and drink)

4. Allow a player to remove quest they no longer wish to continue. Especially the bulletin board ones.

5. Allow all classes to use any of the weapons. (I so want to create a monk that uses a staff to fight with)

6. Shorten the timer on the flares. (This one I just don't understand since it is fun to set off fireworks in town but the timer between setting each off is ridiculously long)

7. Have the crafting trainers at level 20 offer a few quest options of what you would like to learn to craft once completing the quest. For example the wood crafter only allowing you to make a weapon usable for a striker class. You should be able to choose from a bow, staff or a ? (not sure of a wood weapon for a defender but possibly a shield)

You bring up some valid points.

2. An auction house.

One of my main criticisms of the game.
Trading as it is at the moment is simply no fun - at least not for me (not to mention the lack of success).

4. Allow a player to remove quest they no longer wish to continue. Especially the bulletin board ones.

Absolutely. I was very surprised to learn that this isn't possible.

5. Allow all classes to use any of the weapons. (I so want to create a monk that uses a staff to fight with)

I have mixed feelings about this, to be honest.
The developers obviously have very rigid ideas in this regard - on the other hand, I think your suggestion is a bit too extreme.
But it would be good if the strict rules were relaxed a bit, e.g. that a dualist (sic!) could also use bows instead of just crossbows.

And you can definitely do that - maybe not quite the way you want (I assume you want to play a striker monk), but I had a lot of fun playing a dualist monk.
Monks aren't just self-centred, they also care about others - so I feel a dualist who fights offensively with a staff but also heals their party members makes a lot of sense.
But maybe that's just me.

7. Have the crafting trainers at level 20 offer a few quest options of what you would like to learn to craft once completing the quest. For example the wood crafter only allowing you to make a weapon usable for a striker class. You should be able to choose from a bow, staff or a ? (not sure of a wood weapon for a defender but possibly a shield)

Agreed.
And it's not just the profession quests, but the professions in general that need to be reworked (which is already in the plans, as the team has mentioned several times).
Right now a profession like woodworker unfortunately feels more like a hobby, a pastime, than a meaningful profession - especially since most quest rewards seem to grant better staves than you can ever make as a woodworker.

~

I would add as an 8th point to ease travelling a bit.
And by "ease" I don't mean that you could suddenly travel around the world at will, but that travelling should simply be(come) a little less tedious - especially since you need ember essence for it.
Personally, I'd like if you could recharge your ember stone not only by killing ashen mobs near rifts and ruptures, but alternatively also (albeit very slowly) at ember rings - which would further encourage socializing as a side effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back