What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

FIXED Merchant/Store Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sintax

The user interface for merchants/stores could use some improvement rather badly.

1. Add filters.​

As it is currently, you have to scroll through every item to find what you're looking for, and it's extremely tedious. I dread each visit for this reason but also for the 2nd issue (below).

Filters could include:
a) checkboxes to filter by relevant categories
b) textboxes to filter by name/text

Alternatively, use tabs to organize store items in a way that makes sense. The recipe merchant for example could have profession tabs just like with other UI panels (ie skills, crafting station, etc) to group items by profession so they're easier to find.

2. Move item tooltips onto item icons to eliminate clutter.​

As it is currently, hovering over a row obscures everything above it in the store, which makes is all the more tedious to scroll and find things. Putting the tooltip on the icon alone makes it function much like the rest of the game as well.

Cheers!

The user interface for merchants/stores could use some improvement rather badly.

1. Add filters.​

As it is currently, you have to scroll through every item to find what you're looking for, and it's extremely tedious. I dread each visit for this reason but also for the 2nd issue (below).

Filters could include:
a) checkboxes to filter by relevant categories
b) textboxes to filter by name/text

Alternatively, use tabs to organize store items in a way that makes sense. The recipe merchant for example could have profession tabs just like with other UI panels (ie skills, crafting station, etc) to group items by profession so they're easier to find.

2. Move item tooltips onto item icons to eliminate clutter.​

As it is currently, hovering over a row obscures everything above it in the store, which makes is all the more tedious to scroll and find things. Putting the tooltip on the icon alone makes it function much like the rest of the game as well.

Cheers!
Filters have been on our list for quite some time - we just haven't gotten around to it yet. However, moving the tooltips to the icon only should be a quick fix I will try and sneak in for next week's patch. Thanks for the suggestions!

Filters have been on our list for quite some time - we just haven't gotten around to it yet. However, moving the tooltips to the icon only should be a quick fix I will try and sneak in for next week's patch. Thanks for the suggestions!
omg. What a great suggestion, and thank you to the team for adjusting this! So much better, even such a small thing as that. :) I'm amazed by how quickly this was implemented :O

Just wanted to thank you for addressing this in the latest patch. The merchant interface is significantly better now, so much easier to use ... and probably less likely to cause seizures. :yayshark:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back