What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Bug [Mac] No resolution higher than 1440x900 selectable

• Thread starter Deleted member 32699
  • Start date
is this a bug?
D

Deleted member 32699

When I started the game for the first time, the resolution was set to something around 2560x1600 (my native desktop resolution).
I then lowered the value to get better performance.
Ever since I'm unable select a resolution higher than 1440x900 (see screenshot).

Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-07 um 10.24.51.png

Last edited by a moderator:
When I started the game for the first time, the resolution was set to something around 2560x1600 (my native desktop resolution).
I then lowered the value to get better performance.
Ever since I'm unable select a resolution higher than 1440x900 (see screenshot).
I assume this is on a retina screen? If so what size? For the MacOS client we disabled Unity's "Retina Support" as it has twice the performance cost due to the extra pixels. It sounds like on initial startup the engine ignored those settings and later corrected itself. Outside of the retina support checkbox we have little control over what resolutions are shown to you as that is between the engine's rendering pipeline and your operating system.

Hello @Undone,

yes, it's a Retina screen (2560x1600, MacBook Air) - and your explanation makes perfect sense.

To be honest, I hadn't even planned to play the game in a higher resolution (for the reasons you mentioned) - I was just wondering why the higher resolutions were suddenly no longer selectable.

So, it's not a bug, but working as intended.

One thing does surprise me though:
I play almost every other game in 1280x800 (half the native Retina resolution), but when I select this resolution in Embers Adrift, the font is very blurry and I have to switch to 1440x900.

One thing does surprise me though:
I play almost every other game in 1280x800 (half the native Retina resolution), but when I select this resolution in Embers Adrift, the font is very blurry and I have to switch to 1440x900.
Yea I would expect that to be the option so no idea what the engine is doing :(. I'll give this another look (I develop the game on an M1 MBP). I typically do my testing in windowed mode which allows for just about any size.

So, Embers Adrift is actually made on Mac. Awesome!

And thank you.

So, Embers Adrift is actually made on Mac. Awesome!

And thank you.
A good portion of it is! The rest of the team (1x coder & 1x designer) do most of their dev on Windows. I personally loathe Windows for development and much prefer macOS.

Back