What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

FIXED [MAC] Launcher hangs at "Checking Local Files"

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnsungZero

Hi, just downloaded the game for the free weekend on my Mac. As the title says, the launcher just hangs on the initial loading screen where it reads "Checking Local Files" in the bottom left-hand corner.
This sits here regardless of how long I give it to check the files. The background screen changes as intended, so it doesn't appear that it's completely frozen.

There don't appear to be any outgoing calls to the internet, Little Snitch shows no activity from the launcher.

I've tried changing the build in the top right corner, and clicking the "Change Client" button.
Then it just sits at "Ready to Load Client" and the hoop animation spins.

MacBook Pro 14-Inch 2021, 16GB Ram, running Ventura 13.3.1

Any help to launch the game would be wonderful. Thank you.

Hi, just downloaded the game for the free weekend on my Mac. As the title says, the launcher just hangs on the initial loading screen where it reads "Checking Local Files" in the bottom left-hand corner.
This sits here regardless of how long I give it to check the files. The background screen changes as intended, so it doesn't appear that it's completely frozen.

There don't appear to be any outgoing calls to the internet, Little Snitch shows no activity from the launcher.

I've tried changing the build in the top right corner, and clicking the "Change Client" button.
Then it just sits at "Ready to Load Client" and the hoop animation spins.

MacBook Pro 14-Inch 2021, 16GB Ram, running Ventura 13.3.1

Any help to launch the game would be wonderful. Thank you.
This typically happens if you leave the app in your downloads folder - macOS doesn't like programs inside of downloads downloading other things. Move it to your Applications folder and it should start working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back