What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Losing steam

Bryan

Been playing for about 3-4 weeks. Leveled a duelist to 15, berserker and warden to 13 each and a brig to 10. Decided i like the duelist the most, but now I'm facing another hurdle: getting groups. And getting groups isn't my only problem: Lately I've been struggling to find the motivation to log online. I can't put my finger on what's missing -- is it the sparsely (npc) populated world, the lack of charm in graphics and overall world, or the absence of tangible progress (ie: new gear to buy, endgame to look forward to, etc) and the lack of solo progression? I'm not sure. But my nightly routine is to log on for about an hour shouting for a group and then logging off. I've posted in discord for a group to no avail as well.

Am i missing something that i'm not doing? I want to keep playing and have fun that's becoming harder each day.
Any tips and advice is welcome!

Join a guild that plays in your timezone.
Seriously, thats all.

I suggest Bag Runs or Embers After Dark, depending on your timezone.

/who all - see who is near your level, dm them, if they offer you a group, join their guild.

I am in Bag Runs. I ask for group-ups in /g chat and /w chat >< No luck most of the time. Many people that I've friended don't play anymore -- all the usual problems people in my position typically have.

I think my main problem is lack of progression. I need goals to shoot for other than gathering experience points. Things like a list of cool named's i can camp (at my level and beyond) and what they drop, or good quests to do (and what they reward). Where to get decent armor upgrades and how to generally progress my character.

I am in Bag Runs. I ask for group-ups in /g chat and /w chat >< No luck most of the time. Many people that I've friended don't play anymore -- all the usual problems people in my position typically have.

I think my main problem is lack of progression. I need goals to shoot for other than gathering experience points. Things like a list of cool named's i can camp (at my level and beyond) and what they drop, or good quests to do (and what they reward). Where to get decent armor upgrades and how to generally progress my character.
Your goals in progression should be to advance in level to acquire new skills, be able to wear new gear or weapons, expand your emberstone, acquire alchemy, level up your alchemy skills to alch2, improve stats via hunting log, etc.

As mentioned, network in the game. Build your friends list with people who play same times as you with similar goals.

Also, here is a good site for quests, resources, etc.

Last edited:
Maybe just take a break for a bit? The time you have put into those 4 chars is not small; maybe go out, watch a movie, clean the house, learn to knit, then come back when you're ready.

I do this all the time; not because I don't like something, I just like to take a break and do something else for a bit. No crime in that.

What time zone are you in and around what times do you play?

Personally, I've not had a hard time with grouping, but I also don't expect a group to be available on demand.

Typically, it is better to LFM than LFG, so if there's an activity you want to do, start a group and ask others to join (ie organize the effort, don't wait for someone else to). Use the social tool as well (press O). This is frequently overlooked, but it's the first place I check to see who's around the right level for the activity, is the class you need and looking for a group. DM those players and see if they'd want to participate. This doesn't guarantee a group, but from my own experience, I do think it betters your odds, so long as you're patient.

That all said, lack of progress can (and will) make it harder to group, if you're not around the same level of the people who're on at the times you play. If you see that you're much lower, you may want to focus on one character (instead of 3) and level them up or vice versa to prioritize getting yourself into groups rather than trying to keep your interest in the game through soloing different characters.

Just some thoughts. Hope it helps!

Last edited:
Come to butt-head. The guild Fires of Heaven is a 24hr guild always have people running groups never seem to have a problem with that here. When officers are online if they are not already helping other players they do assisted in helping. Should find a guild that has players and officers that play as much as you do. If you like that kind of guild we will leave a light on for you. Nija looters and hackers need not apply

yeah facing the same problem it's been 5 days and there have been no groups, its a shame really but i honestly think this mmo may be lacking on player count, aside from that, a big demotivator for me was the armor, and i don't mind the armor not looking good for a low level, but it should look better as your make progress like back in EQ or FFXI seeing an awesome lvl 50 with armor almost same as yours but of a different color def was a downer for me the risk outweight the rewards, but i'm just gonna drop it here and let this game cook and hope that it gets better, maybe another year, but i wish it the best as well as you guys.

Greetings @Bryan - I'm sorry that your time in Embers Adrift has become more difficult. The community offered some nice suggestions, I hope some of it can help you out!
You are always welcome to join my groups if I'm playing at the right time for you (maybe I'm not)

Greetings @kozichan - I understand your desire to take a break and want to check out later. Our artists are working in adding more armor style, but they need to also work on new creatures, new assets, new point of interest, etc... So things are progressing slowly. We are working on it though and adding new items regularly!
That being said, there is a new style of armor & weapons coming with the patch this week! And epic quests with unique looks coming soon (next year)

Thank you for your feedback and for playing the game!

Back