What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Leveling issues beyond design

Redwall

I'm a knight main playing on EU time in the early 20 range. I enjoy the game world as well as the combat in Ember's and the players seem friendly enough. But leveling is a problem, and not just by design. Between the mob difficulty and the low xp gains a group is obviously the intended and best choice. If you can get one. It can be a challenge to find a group in my timezone. But even when I put myself out there and try to get into groups I get turned down. 'We already have a tank/ offtank/ proxy tank' 'Not a dps class''Level too low/ high'. It's weird to me that so many players complain on the discord & forums about getting groups to do activities but when players actively want to fill slots then they turn them down. It makes me pretty upset because at this point I don't see my character being able to progress any further. I'm sure that there are people who will read this and knitpick or assume I'm doing something wrong, but at this point I think that either the levelling progression needs to change or the player priorities need to shift.

TLDR: Having a hard time levelling up and getting a group is painful, just not by design.

P.S.: I don't plan on responding to this thread as I don't want to be drawn into a debate, I just wanted to get it off my chest :(.

Thats why my strategy is to play my striker variant when I log in, and swap to the tank (or healer) when a group becomes available.
Just what I do for what it's worth.

But yeh, it is difficult as just a tank.

I don't live in Euroland so take this with a grain of salt, but sometimes there's too many tanks, sometimes too many supporters, and sometimes too many dps. It seems to rotate/randomize every now and again (at least when I'm on).

For your problem specifically, I can't tell you exactly but it might just be distribution: if there are 6 tanks, 3 dps, and 3 support, that in theory is two full groups but in reality you will likely get two groups with 2 tanks and some combo of the remaining support and dps, with both groups shouting , "LFM dps or support" while 2 tanks could be perfectly viable there but the groups won't touch them.

Some people/groups don't mind 3 (or even 4) tanks, but some people are hard-wired for the WoW distribution e.g. 1 tank, 1 support, 4 dps.

It's BRUTAL, I have played since launch on and off, played on Launch played alot around July/August and keep leaving for the same reason. If you cant get in a group the grind just IS NOT WORTH IT!. I have been looking to join a group just today alone for over 6 hours, How many people have that much time to find a group in a game where you NEED to group to getting anything legitimately done. Does get disheartning a bit and hopefully Ill stay around a bit longer this time, but as of now it doesnt look great

Don't worry, people will tell you to level slow and enjoy the journey lol.

But seriously, I have 5 characters in most level ranges and still have a hard time to find groups. You're not alone. But it is what it is. That's the struggle of a game with forced grouping, even worse when the population is super low.

I am in Asia time zone, login > /who usually I just found 2-3 people or less …

My 1st char is warden so can do some gathering / solo, then found I cannot keep it forever, I purchased 1 more account & created a warlock, 2 char play as a group …. I start learn how to make it work by manual control 2 account same time (actually, it is quite fun to play like this).

Now I can handle 4 accounts (as a group) : warden warlock marshal & sentinel … thru above, I can start explore more content like instance & finish group quest by myself … of course, social is part of the game but I just have 2 hours playing time per day, I cannot use over a hour for just find a group.

Btw, people in this game is really nice … it is a reason I am still keep playing.

Last edited:
I am in Asia time zone, login > /who usually I just found 2-3 people or less …

My 1st char is warden so can do some gathering / solo, then found I cannot keep it forever, I purchased 1 more account & created a warlock, 2 char play as a group …. I start learn how to make it work by manual control 2 account same time (actually, it is quite fun to play like this).

Now I can handle 4 accounts (as a group) : warden warlock marshal & sentinel … thru above, I can start explore more content like instance & finish group quest by myself … of course, social is part of the game but I just have 2 hours playing time per day, I cannot use over a hour for just find a group.

Btw, people in this game is really nice … it is a reason I am still keep playing.
Crystal Beer Kanpai ! Alan

I have been looking to join a group just today alone for over 6 hours,
What level are you, what is your char name(s), and when were you on? I was on a good chunk of the 28th and A) I was in I believe 3 groups, B) I saw LFM requests for most if not all group levels, and C) I did not see any one person shout LFG for more than 30 minutes much less 6 hrs.

Did you once try to start a group? You were there for 6 hrs by your own words, I have doubts that over a 6 hr span there was not even 1 other person who was willing to group with specifically you. The 28th also had between 75 to > 100 people on for a good chunk of the day.

Although sometimes it can be hard to get groups, you can if you just talk to people. Start your own group. If you expect to have ppl come to you, you might be on your own for 6 hrs.

The issue for any issue here always comes down to player count. Sorry to hear you’ve run into that. If it makes you feel better I had to quit because my static left. I say I had to because there’s nothing to do at 40 (or any other level really) by yourself and everyone has a static. Could I get in sometimes well of course but time is valuable and standing around for hrs just to do something when there’s not much to do doesn’t make sense. It gets to the point where playing a new age mmo and sacrificing the forced group play of EA just makes more sense. At least you can log off feeling achieved due to the amount of things to do in other games opposed to the nothing there is to do here. Its not a good feeling since I like the “Idea” of this game more but its just needs another few years in the oven.

Flame me if you want but theres a reason the daily peak is maybe 70. And it’s not the community.

The issue for any issue here always comes down to player count. Sorry to hear you’ve run into that. If it makes you feel better I had to quit because my static left. I say I had to because there’s nothing to do at 40 (or any other level really) by yourself and everyone has a static. Could I get in sometimes well of course but time is valuable and standing around for hrs just to do something when there’s not much to do doesn’t make sense. It gets to the point where playing a new age mmo and sacrificing the forced group play of EA just makes more sense. At least you can log off feeling achieved due to the amount of things to do in other games opposed to the nothing there is to do here. Its not a good feeling since I like the “Idea” of this game more but its just needs another few years in the oven.

Flame me if you want but theres a reason the daily peak is maybe 70. And it’s not the community.
At 40 Highland Hills is an excellent spot to level and solo. Not only outside but in the solo loop in the EV. You have tons of regents, chests, ashen mobs to level alchemy, weapon drops and deeproot armor sets to farm, even solo bosses. I personally enjoy playing solo at my own pace and dont even look at the xp bar half the time. There is a lot of options to do while waiting for a group. Plus the player levels seem to come in waves and the has been a lot of 30ish players up and coming. Stick with it, find another static, etc. I know it can be frustrating but there are things you can do and make progression while solo. The recent xp boost to single chev mobs helps as well.

At 40 Highland Hills is an excellent spot to level and solo. Not only outside but in the solo loop in the EV. You have tons of regents, chests, ashen mobs to level alchemy, weapon drops and deeproot armor sets to farm, even solo bosses. I personally enjoy playing solo at my own pace and dont even look at the xp bar half the time. There is a lot of options to do while waiting for a group. Plus the player levels seem to come in waves and the has been a lot of 30ish players up and coming. Stick with it, find another static, etc. I know it can be frustrating but there are things you can do and make progression while solo. The recent xp boost to single chev mobs helps as well.
Thank you for the detailed reply. And I understand this I really do but what the few who are left in the community aren't understanding I think is those things just simply aren't fun. The real problem with the game is there is no enjoyable long term gameplay loop. On top of that at lvl 40 in any game who the hell wants to kill deer and boring reskinned wild life, the game feels like a soulless endeavor at every corner with no real identity or face. There's just nothing gripping about the experience just a world that has a few chores to do and aren't in anyway even interesting to look at. Logged into the game last night for an hr or so to check out the new area, its all the same assets and wildlife from the meadowlands and that's just simply not ok for an interesting experiance.

Reactions: TmT
Thank you for the detailed reply. And I understand this I really do but what the few who are left in the community aren't understanding I think is those things just simply aren't fun. The real problem with the game is there is no enjoyable long term gameplay loop. On top of that at lvl 40 in any game who the hell wants to kill deer and boring reskinned wild life, the game feels like a soulless endeavor at every corner with no real identity or face. There's just nothing gripping about the experience just a world that has a few chores to do and aren't in anyway even interesting to look at. Logged into the game last night for an hr or so to check out the new area, its all the same assets and wildlife from the meadowlands and that's just simply not ok for an interesting experiance.
Curious where did you log into at 40 and were forced to xp on reskinned content? There are new mobs in the Highland Hills and well as Grizzley Peaks zone, with new quests, weapons, and armor sets to obtain. There lvl 50 bosses in the new zone that many of the high levels have been coordinating raids on, and it seems to have encouraged more people to reach 50 as we have seen quite an increase over the last month. Its not that there are not options, its that some people just dont seem to understand all the options they have and assume there are none.

Back