What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Hot Fix January 16th

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
  • Fixed a bug in the light culling code which was preventing lights from disabling their shadows when out of range. This caused some heavy CPU load in high light density light areas (i.e. Flooded Ruins) when looking in certain directions as the engine was attempting to cull shadows that were at zero strength.
  • Adjusted Grizzled Peak boss spawn rates and distributions to address recent feedback.

Last edited:
since update i can no longer log on, i start up the client then its stuck on loading, so i tried to erase builds, stuck on deleteing old client files, not good considering this is only 2nd day playing the game you do an update that seems to break it!?

i ran installer again & selected repair, tried to start game and now been stuck on "Checking Local Files" for as while??

Hi @tizdaz do you happen to be running the launcher as admin? Sometimes windows permissions get a little cranky and don't like the downloads. Another thing you can try is to close the launcher entirely then delete the "<launcher directory>\client" folder which will erase all of the builds. This should cause the launcher to re-download everything fresh the next time you start it up.

We have had our fair share of launcher issues over the past year but most of them end up being some odd permission problem. There is a known issue where "force check" can cause the launcher to hang for an extended period of time - but if you wait long enough it should resolve itself. A fix for that is in progress we just haven't fully tested it yet.

Hi @tizdaz do you happen to be running the launcher as admin? Sometimes windows permissions get a little cranky and don't like the downloads. Another thing you can try is to close the launcher entirely then delete the "<launcher directory>\client" folder which will erase all of the builds. This should cause the launcher to re-download everything fresh the next time you start it up.

We have had our fair share of launcher issues over the past year but most of them end up being some odd permission problem. There is a known issue where "force check" can cause the launcher to hang for an extended period of time - but if you wait long enough it should resolve itself. A fix for that is in progress we just haven't fully tested it yet.
hi!

Yeh always run in admin, like i say, was working perfect until after the hotfix. Im reinstalling as i type, patcher is downloading 30% at the mo, bit of a pain that im having to download it all again. Will see if it works after finished installing!

im guessing i will have to redo all my gfx settings & ui again ??

hi!

Yeh always run in admin, like i say, was working perfect until after the hotfix. Im reinstalling as i type, patcher is downloading 30% at the mo, bit of a pain that im having to download it all again. Will see if it works after finished installing!

im guessing i will have to redo all my gfx settings & ui again ??
No all of your settings are stored in your registry so you should be ok there. Hopefully that fixes it and our next patch goes a little more smoothly for you. I'll see about getting a new launcher version out to resolve the launcher locking up while checking local files issue.

No all of your settings are stored in your registry so you should be ok there. Hopefully that fixes it and our next patch goes a little more smoothly for you. I'll see about getting a new launcher version out to resolve the launcher locking up while checking local files issue.
no worries, great game btw! only my second day but so far enjoying it :) ...only 1 little niggle, why cant we move the hotbar to another location on screen like rest of UI elements!? :(

no worries, great game btw! only my second day but so far enjoying it :) ...only 1 little niggle, why cant we move the hotbar to another location on screen like rest of UI elements!? :(
There's a lot attached to the action bar (things like the alchemy toggles which you have likely not seen yet, the execution UI elements, along with the pouch and reagent pouch) and we just haven't come up with a clever way to make it movable yet. It's on the todo list but has been lower priority compared to other tasks.

Back