What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Is solo play viable if unable to find someone to group with?

superchang

Hey all,

Long time Pantheon supporter and EQ1 player. Reading a lot about EA and surprised this one went under my radar. Is solo play viable if I don't have a huge amount of time to find a group? Is it class dependent?

Tks,
Chang

TLDR: Yes it's viable but probably slower.

The design of the game is that 1^ mobs are for solo players. I think most players assume you therefore need to kill white, or yellow, con mobs for the best solo xp. This is true if you're looking at xp/kill but for faster levelling you need to look at xp/hour.

Using (exaggerated) numbers as an example. If killing a mob that gives 2% xp takes 4 minutes and then another minute to recover to full health and stamina but alternatively you can kill a lower level mob that gives 0.5% xp every minute with no recovery time; then the lower level mobs are better xp / hour if you kill them non-stop.

What does this mean for you question. Solo you're looking for a very narrow level range of mobs. Depending on class and gear this might be from high greens to low blues or from high blues to white or even yellow. You need to know what mobs and where they are to hit this sweet spot. For me recently this was the blue con crocs and frogs along the river in Meadowlands.

I think in a group this level range is wider but it also depends on the mix of the group. I've been in groups where the xp was very slow and others where it was very good.

The purpose of this game is to offer players an immersive adventure in a vast world, to copperate with other players to overcome challenges and make lasting friendships.
It is possible to solo, but the whole point of the game and everything is designed to encourage group play. Therefor the game is much more interesting with otehr players.
We are offering tools to make grouping easy: world chat, LFG tool in game or on Discord or even meet players randomly through the world. It should be pretty easy to find a group for even short gaming session.

Hey all,

Long time Pantheon supporter and EQ1 player. Reading a lot about EA and surprised this one went under my radar. Is solo play viable if I don't have a huge amount of time to find a group? Is it class dependent?

Tks,
Chang
As someone who does solo play at times i would say you 100% can play and level at a much slower pace but it is more enjoyable anyways when in groups and doing some of the harder quests + go into dungeons/caves, so i would say yes you can but i highly recommend finding people in game to adventure together :D

Huge solo player here from GW2, original EQ circa 99-02 and then P99 in more recent years I did Druid (57) Necro (60) Shaman (60) Bard (60) Enchanter (60) all solo. I do find soloing enjoyable but in Embers, the group is where I've had the most fun. There's a lot of people who know their roles and more who are learning and need a few tips along the way, but the group dynamic is incredible and much preferred here (by me). It's not that bad, just start random PUGs and meet/friend those who fit your style. Duo, Trio, Full group; there's room for everything. I'm always up for adventure so send a message to Flauros (Sent), Halpas (Knight), Cheopis (Warden) in game.

Back