What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Game wont start since "Hotfix" ?

tizdaz

Tried all sorts, seems this hotfix has broke my game!? stuck on "Checking Local Files" ..ive tried erasing builds/force check / Running setup again & selecting repair etc... how long should it take when checking local files??

cheers

now re-installing game & having to update again... not good that im having to do all this since you "hotfixed" it just to play it.

Heya @tizdaz I responded to your comment here but wanted to mention that these problems are not typical on patch day. However, There is a known issue where checking local files can cause the launcher to freeze for an extended period of time while it indexes your local files - but it should clear itself up after a few minutes (we are working on a fix). For context it is checking the MD5 hash of each downloaded file so that it can compare with the ones on our remote server. Sorry for the troubles!

Heya @tizdaz I responded to your comment here but wanted to mention that these problems are not typical on patch day. However, There is a known issue where checking local files can cause the launcher to freeze for an extended period of time while it indexes your local files - but it should clear itself up after a few minutes (we are working on a fix). For context it is checking the MD5 hash of each downloaded file so that it can compare with the ones on our remote server. Sorry for the troubles!
hi :) i think it was just stuck there as i left it for 15min with no change. i replied to other thread anyway :)

Back