What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback Flatworms

• Thread starter Deleted member 32699
  • Start date
is this feedback?
D

Deleted member 32699

The idea sounds nice on paper:
Every now and then you come across small, cute, colourful creatures that you have to catch - and they grant you a buff.

The reality is different (for me anyway):
You run after these critters for minutes on end and it's just no fun.

For me, this meant that I simply started to ignore them, they just didn't seem worth the hassle.

Yesterday's patch was supposed to make it easier to catch them, so I gave it another try.

Shortly after I logged in, I discovered one - so I went after it.

It took me about a minute to catch up to it - and I was close enough that I was sure: Gotcha!
But no - it just kept on flying.

So I took up the chase again.
Another minute passed.

Then the terrain went slightly uphill (I don't think I need to explain to anyone what that means).

By now three minutes had passed and meanwhile I had an angry stag on my butt - so I just gave up the chase.

The problem with flatworms is:
- They show up so infrequently that catching them would already feel like an accomplishment even if they were moving slowly or not moving at all.
- They move too fast and it takes far too long to catch up with them.
- They move through hostile wildlife - which you either ignore (and run the risk of being overwhelmed by multiple mobs) or fight (and fall behind).
- The catch radius is (still) too small.
- In the end, you simply lose too much time trying to get their buff - especially if they are flying in the opposite direction to your actual destination.

I would be interested to know if there are any players who actually enjoy this mini game.

Last edited by a moderator:
As if to mock me, I experienced the exact opposite today:

I had just finished fighting a bear on my way to the wolf cave in Meadowlands when I spotted a red flatworm about 30 metres away.

Normally I would have simply ignored it, but as it was right in my path to the cave, I just ran towards it and then over it.

I looked around in confusion (because normally they outwit you and fly away), then checked my buff bar - and to my surprise I got the buff.

The whole endeavour, from spotting the flatworm to getting the buff, took less than 10 seconds - probably the fastest catch of a flatworm ever.

I had to laugh because it felt so surreal....

I admit I dislike them a little less now.

Back