What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback Dec 28 patch

Keiban

Overall impression: performance and graphical quality feel unchanged. If I didn't know, I couldn't tell that there was a major change of the engine.

Some graphical glitches I noticed (didn't check if they are also on Live):

EmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.19.37.22.pngEmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.19.37.24b.png
notice the changes when viewed from a slightly different angle

EmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.20.14.30.pngEmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.20.14.32.pngEmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.20.14.33.pngEmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.20.14.34.png
The fog at the hallow radically changes it's volume based on the distance from it. In motion this looks like a weird "pumping" effect

Did a bit of testing with skills and noticed that Eye of the Storm and Windup cancel each other out. Is this intended?

Also noticed something with Bleeding Strike. Tooltip says it does a dot of 22 every 4s, but sometimes it ticked for 27. It also doesn't seem to scale with +dmg, is that intended?
EmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.20.33.49.pngEmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.20.35.44.pngEmbersAdrift_2023.12.28.20.38.58.png

Overall impression: performance and graphical quality feel unchanged. If I didn't know, I couldn't tell that there was a major change of the engine.
Excellent, thanks for taking a look. Having it "feel" the same is a good sign!

Some graphical glitches I noticed (didn't check if they are also on Live):

View attachment 3342View attachment 3344
notice the changes when viewed from a slightly different angle
This might just be "z-fighting" where to polys are basically at the same position and are fighting over which one renders first/last. Likely also present on live, but I'll take a look.

View attachment 3345View attachment 3346View attachment 3347View attachment 3348
The fog at the hallow radically changes it's volume based on the distance from it. In motion this looks like a weird "pumping" effect
I'll take a closer look at this in the editor; thanks!

Did a bit of testing with skills and noticed that Eye of the Storm and Windup cancel each other out. Is this intended?
Yes I believe this is the case. Although you'd likely have to chat with other zerker's to get a better idea of the preferred rotation. Adric might have more details on why this is like this.

Also noticed something with Bleeding Strike. Tooltip says it does a dot of 22 every 4s, but sometimes it ticked for 27. It also doesn't seem to scale with +dmg, is that intended?
View attachment 3349View attachment 3350View attachment 3351
DOT damage itself is not impacted by +DMG. Most DOTs are applied via an ability hit which "triggers" the DOT, and that initial hit is impacted by +DMG. Also, if that initial hit is a heavy or critical then the tick damage itself is boosted. In this example it looks like a heavy hit which gives +25%, so 22*1.25=27 (rounding occurs due to floating point precision issues).

Back