What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

QA February 2024

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
Character's have been migrated to QA as of February 13th @ 12:30pm CST.
  • Backend work for the upcoming free trial.
  • More server memory leak adjustments.
  • Tracked down and fixed a bug in the social server preventing proper status updates from being sent out (incorrect online/offline status etc).
  • We are making a pass at all items to bring them up to current standards. There are too many changes to list but expect more details at the end of the month's notes.
  • Fixed some exceptions with the crafting UI
  • Fixed a number of stuck spots.
  • Subscriber slots (bank + cosmetic equipment slot) now have a purple glow rather than changing the frame color. Frame color changes will be coming soon with item categories.
  • Added 4px padding to bag, bank, and trade container slots.
  • Added a new solo EV loop in Noxious Bog (frogs)
  • Open Wound effect icon now matches the skill icon
  • Corrected required level on Necklace of the High Ranger to match other quest rewards
  • Crafted gold armor color adjusted
  • Basic cloth hood recipes added to vendors
  • Vale armor drop rates increased
  • Smoldering Ash animation adjusted to better match execution time
  • Daggers/Knuckles now use 3m range (same as other 1H weapons)
  • Reduced amount on Ashen Rat self-heal
  • Reduced level of Nocturnes outside of Forgotten Depths to match mob levels inside
  • Imbued Crossbows visuals updated
  • Various rare crossbow visuals have been updated
  • Fixed name on Hobfly mask
  • Exile Looter rare drops made more common
  • Moved some Ember Drifts and Ruptures in Meadowlands as to not spawn so close to one another
  • NPC Updates:
    • Bats, Gaunts, Ravens, Drolscs, Redmanes, Terrodiles, Nocturnes, Stonecoats, Blights, Mandrakes, Mires, and Rats can now enter the water. Some have swim animations, others do not, but this should reduce the likelihood of a player encountering "Undone's Wrath" near water.
    • Added substantial improvements to NPC movement while in combat. Their positioning and move back positioning should be far more accurate, which in turn should reduce the ice skating effect along with further reducing any remaining cha-cha-cha.
    • Adjusted the pivot point for large creatures such as the bear, raven, drolsc, and ridgeback so their visuals look more natural while rotating.
    • Tweaked turn animations for a number of creatures so that they look more natural while rotating.
    • Added "alternate points" for large bears to make it easier to target them from behind or the sides.
    • Refactored how we scale npc sizes to be more reliable and consistent.
    • Adjusted how we assign nameplate positions for scaled NPCs to also be more reliable and consistent for creatures of the same type but of different sizes.
  • Dryfoot Updates:
    • Closed off some underutilized sections to allow for us to increase the spawn density of other areas.
    • Increased spawn density of "wild" areas.
    • Baslisk Run entrance moved
  • Bulletin Board Updates:
    • Fixed light culling distances on bulletin boards.
    • Bulletin Boards now show their name on their corresponding map tooltip.
    • Fixed a bug that would prevent bulletin boards from showing on the map upon first discovering the nearby POI.
  • Task Updates:
    • Reduced kill counts for Dryfoot/Redshore "Wilds" tasks
    • Reduced kill counts for Ashen tasks
    • Reduced kill counts for Grizzled Peaks "Bird" tasks
    • Insects are now considered animals in animal kill tasks.
    • Additional location information added to various tasks
    • Rigid Mires added to Redshore Ember Drift Spawns and Flooded Ruins
    • Grizzled Peaks Ravens kill objective changed to generic "Bird" to include Thrush
    • Increased odds of Exile Looters and Scavengers to spawn in Redshore
    • Increased presence of Exile Hunters, Woodsmen and Patrols in Redshore
    • Increased presence of Hungry Wolves in Redshore
    • Increased presence of Snatchscale Stalkers in Redshore
    • Meadowlands lvl 15+ Ridgeback tasks reduced in count
    • Added location information to Grimstone Canyon Raccoon task and reduced count

Last edited:
View attachment 3376

Might just be my settings, but the purple glow on the cosmetic slot feels very subtle.
The intensity of the glow is reduced for those who are subscribed. When not subscribed it's a bit more pronounced. This was also true when we were coloring the frame - but the background highlight involves a bit more alpha so it's more subtle by nature which I think is ok.

The intensity of the glow is reduced for those who are subscribed. When not subscribed it's a bit more pronounced. This was also true when we were coloring the frame - but the background highlight involves a bit more alpha so it's more subtle by nature which I think is ok.
I'll test on my unsubbed toon also later, cheers

- First frog felt like it wanted to run through my legs when it turned ashen, I took steps back to manage it.
n = 1 though, will test more.

- Nameplate on the rats seemed too high vs say the crocs which looked good.

1707933525350.png

- Getting smashed on my undergeared level 17 duelist in the solo frog loop so far, however, this may have a lot to do with it:
1707931900801.png
At 17/17 its probably good.

- Seem to be getting a lot of ashens for a pre-alchemy EV, good for the stone obviously but mobs will be too low when at 20 to take advantage of it for training alchemy (probably a good thing). n = 10ish

- From first chest, is he hiding in here somewhere :)

1707932580344.png

- Overall the EV feels good.

Last edited:
It's been awhile since I last sent into Noxious Bog ev. But one thing that bugged me was their poison dot (10 damage per tick) is roughly the same amount of damage some level 30 dots / bleeds are.

Is that supposed to be correct? Shouldn't level 10 dots be much lower damage?

It's been awhile since I last sent into Noxious Bog ev. But one thing that bugged me was their poison dot (10 damage per tick) is roughly the same amount of damage some level 30 dots / bleeds are.

Is that supposed to be correct? Shouldn't level 10 dots be much lower damage?

I'll adjust these to scale better across levels.

Back