What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Feedback EVs Despawning with Party Members Inside...Needs Improvement

is this feedback?

Meladry

Okay...so. This is possibly the most frustrating thing I've encountered so far (aside from the pathing issue). I just got locked out of the Torchbug Tunnels EV because my party member went in before me, and before I could go in, the EV despawned due to the arrival of daytime. As it no longer exists now...this is very frustrating because now either we have to play solo till he's done grinding by himself OR he has to leave and miss out on what we were going to do. This needs major improvement. One idea that came to mind is adding a "teleport to party in EV" functionality so that no one gets stuck outside just because they were 100 meters behind the party leader. If one party member makes it in, then we all should be able to. This is ridiculous - especially for this EV that doesn't exist during the day, but also for the others, because then you have to traverse the whole map to find the EV's new location. I don't have time to waste on things like this :p

Thanks all!

Okay...so. This is possibly the most frustrating thing I've encountered so far (aside from the pathing issue). I just got locked out of the Torchbug Tunnels EV because my party member went in before me, and before I could go in, the EV despawned due to the arrival of daytime. As it no longer exists now...this is very frustrating because now either we have to play solo till he's done grinding by himself OR he has to leave and miss out on what we were going to do. This needs major improvement. One idea that came to mind is adding a "teleport to party in EV" functionality so that no one gets stuck outside just because they were 100 meters behind the party leader. If one party member makes it in, then we all should be able to. This is ridiculous - especially for this EV that doesn't exist during the day, but also for the others, because then you have to traverse the whole map to find the EV's new location. I don't have time to waste on things like this :p

Thanks all!
The Ember Drifts do not despawn. They actually move periodically. We've recently done two things to help in these situations:
  • Ember Drifts now have a tooltip before you enter giving you an approximate time of when it will next move.
  • When near a Hallow (respawn point) you will see some "tornado like" VFX in the distance. These are attached to Ember Drifts (which are portals to the Veins) and Ember Ruptures (which allow you to farm Ember Essence in the overworld).
So when one of these moves you can find the other possible locations by either having your group-mate hop out of the vein and looking at your group window indicators, and/or heading to a Hallow and scouting the next location.

Good to know! I was under the impression the torchbug EV despawned since the mobs themselves are nocturnal. That tooltip will be helpful as well. We didn't pop out to check because we thought it only existed diurnally, so that's our fault - thank you for confirming that it does!

Good to know! I was under the impression the torchbug EV despawned since the mobs themselves are nocturnal. That tooltip will be helpful as well. We didn't pop out to check because we thought it only existed diurnally, so that's our fault - thank you for confirming that it does!
The original design was actually have them cycle on/off. The issue we found was that if someone left their bag inside and left, they couldn't get it back until it cycled back around. Hence we made them available at all times, just that they move positions periodically.

The original design was actually have them cycle on/off. The issue we found was that if someone left their bag inside and left, they couldn't get it back until it cycled back around. Hence we made them available at all times, just that they move positions periodically.
Makes sense!

Back