What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

DLSS is a freaking success!

Zorvan

2560x1440 @60fps limited
i7 11700k
64gb DDR4 @3200mHz
MSI Z590 Wifi Pro
EVGA RTX 3060TI FTW3
Every setting I can find maxed and Ember's runs like silk. No more sluggish feel to movement. Very impressed.
Now maybe look at FSR for AMD players. I' thought FSR is supported but if so it's not apparent to many AMD users.

Last edited:
I've been able to run both FSR and DLSS on my NVIDIA 2060 on Elite Dangerous, so perhaps they can both be run.

I have to agree, checked it out today and oh man, those textures. So crisp! I keep it on 30 FPS mode so I can't comment on the "performance" other than to say it's the same, but yeah, YUGE upgrade.

Having returned as someone that previously wasn't entirely happy with performance i agree, this is definitely a big improvement. A step in the right direction for sure.

My only gripe on this is the fact that with DLSS enabled, I often cannot see my nameplates due to some shadow/ghost rendering subtracting it from the screen.

I've also noticed it causes ghosting with the player's character in dark areas, while moving. Not sure if this is just some of us, or all of us. I added it to a thread for DLSS performance.

My only gripe on this is the fact that with DLSS enabled, I often cannot see my nameplates due to some shadow/ghost rendering subtracting it from the screen.
New player here, yeah I noticed that.. Seems it's shadows occluding them, or where they would be if it was night time near a light source.

Back