What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

LIVE December 19th; what's new?

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
This month's patch has come a week early for the holidays! While the content is a bit lighter than normal, there should be plenty of improvements for all to enjoy. Everyone here at Stormhaven Studios thanks you for an amazing 2023 and we can't wait to show you what we have in store for 2024!
  • Tech
    • Fixed some performance issues that was causing some framerate slowdowns in EVs.
  • Environment / Art
    • Fixed a number of stuck spots throughout the world.
    • Fixed some collider issues in some dungeon rooms.
    • Fixed holes in the wall in some dungeon rooms.
    • Fixed visual issues with some wall mounted torches from displaying the incorrect emission map.
    • Fixed NPC navigation issues in Grimstone Canyon
    • Updating the texture on plate greaves to be a bit less dirty.
  • UI:
    • Fixed an issue where full resists were showing as "UNKNOWN" in the combat log.
    • Improved stat tooltips to better indicate which are percentages. The only ones that are NOT percentages are: Haste, Safe Fall, Hit, and Positional.
    • Added information to the Riposte tooltip to indicate that it will reduce the damage bonus from Heavy and Critical hits.
    • Auras can now be cancelled by clicking the skill (previously this could only be done by changing stances or hitting the hotkey associated with the skill).
  • Design:
    • Fixed output types for level 50 augments
    • Fixed Timber Wolves and Mountain Elk not going Ashen
    • Removed negatives from Chitin and Full Plate armors
    • Adjusted Rapiers to be a more typical 1-hand weapon with unique positionals and stat weighting (preferences for Parry/Riposte)
    • Hungry Wolves are now stalkers.
    • Reduced stalking range on Snatchscale Stalkers and Hungry Wolves in Redshore.
    • Snatchscale Stalkers added to Redshore Ridge
    • Reduced call for help range on Shrieks.
    • Improve loot distribution for Arkhos and Vengeful Mangrove
    • Arkhos' Lair Earthquake effect can now trigger Overprovision
    • Grizzled Peaks
      • Added more itemization
      • Increased damage output and reduced the health on some 2^ mobs
      • Increased strength of boss items
    • Berserker Alchemy 1 Guts changed to resist all damage types
    • Marshal ability Pressure now has a higher threat modifier.
    • Juggernaut:
      • Alchemy 1 Brace changed to resist all damage types
      • Perforate now has a higher threat modifier.
      • Roar has a reduced range 12m -> 8m.
    • To help with Defender threat generation without relying on enrage effects at higher levels we are increasing the Shield threat modifiers. Our goal here is to position shield and 1-handers as tank oriented, Maul's as DPS oriented and Polearms as a mix with higher damage but maintaining the threat boosts that Riposte provide. Shield threat modifier increase break down: lvl 30: +9% lvl 40: +22% lvl 50: +40%
    • Increased 1^ experience rate by 20% (this is now up 40% from launch).
    • Alchemy I and II have had their Ember Essence costs halved. Alchemy I now requires 5 EE while Alchemy II requires 25 EE.
  • Quests / Lore:
    • Added a new quest: Making a Name for Yourself
    • Improved the text for some early quests to give a better indication of where the NPC is.
New Stuff
Shrieking Barrows
A new EV for those in their mid-30s has been added to Grimstone Canyon! This EV supports solo, duo/trio, and full group content.
Ax049vN.png

YuWd28Y.png

ZFpQmXN.png

QA0MT2B.png

Next Month
The back-end engine upgrade from Unity2021 --> Unity2022 is mostly complete. I have built local clients with the new version and do not see any significant performance regressions. However, switching the build machines over is another story in itself but I hope to have this done before the end of the year. This means that the next QA patch should hopefully be on the new engine version, which will require a good deal of testing to make sure nothing major broke.

Past the engine upgrade we will be testing some radical changes to certain elements of the game throughout January on QA. We should have more information regarding this in early January.

Last edited:
Nice. Glad to see the game additions and improvements. I have seen alchemy improvements to other classes over the past few weeks but nothing for the Sentinel. There are two if not more of the alchemy skills on the Sentinel that have no additional benefit- just use ember over stamina. Seems like the Sentinel is the misfit class. Just about every other class has some additional benefit on all eligible skills. Curious on why this was done for the Sentinel and why no changes even after others have made comments.

Thank you

Nice. Glad to see the game additions and improvements. I have seen alchemy improvements to other classes over the past few weeks but nothing for the Sentinel. There are two if not more of the alchemy skills on the Sentinel that have no additional benefit- just use ember over stamina. Seems like the Sentinel is the misfit class. Just about every other class has some additional benefit on all eligible skills. Curious on why this was done for the Sentinel and why no changes even after others have made comments.
Another pass is to come on tweaking Alchemy abilities. Our focus in November was Grizzled Peaks, and the new EV in December. We haven't had the opportunity to do a proper balance/tweak pass on Alchemy abilities yet.

Shrieking Barrows
A new EV for those in their mid-30s has been added to Grimstone Canyon! This EV supports solo, duo/trio, and full group content.

IIRC, the plan was to move the existing EV in Grimstone Canyon (Arkhos' Lair) to Grizzled Peaks once the new EV was implemented. Do I have that correct? If so, was that part of this update?

The capstone of a huge year of work.
Thank you.

• Improved stat tooltips to better indicate which are percentages. The only ones that are NOT percentages are: Haste, Safe Fall, Hit, and Positional.
    These are excellent.

Last edited:
IIRC, the plan was to move the existing EV in Grimstone Canyon (Arkhos' Lair) to Grizzled Peaks once the new EV was implemented. Do I have that correct? If so, was that part of this update?

Arkhos Lair will stay in Grimstone Canyon to stay on par with the Lore & creatures from that region.

Thank you
I agree - I think group Alchemy versions of a Heal over Time and a group Physical Damage resists would be ideal here and fall in line with the Sentinel's party role perfectly.

Back