What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Hot Fix April 4th

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
Bug fixes:
  • Fixed: naming of refined wood products at level 30. They are now Outlands instead of Frontier.
  • Fixed: "Redshore Depths" discoverable now reads "Forgotten Depths"
  • Fixed: torch in Redshore not turning off during the day.
  • Fixed: dice for Chaos Hatchet
  • Fixed: interacting with UI elements will no longer cancel auto run
  • Fixed: some environmental prop and nav issues in Dryfoot.
  • Fixed: level of some spawns in Dryfoot Stronghold being too low level.
  • Fixed: environmental seam between some Ember Vein rooms.
  • Fixed: name on Relic Hunter's Leather Leggings.
  • Fixed: issues with skylight colors not changing in the Ember Veins.
  • Fixed: stuck spot in Forgotten Depths
  • Fixed: quest log exception that was preventing items from properly deselecting.
  • Adjusted: a number of prop LODs to reduce popping.
  • Adjusted: a number of LODs on weapons & shields to reduce unnecessary culling.
  • Adjusted: ashen VFX to no longer be "attached" to the npc (i.e. when the npc rotated the VFX rotated along with it and looked odd)
  • Adjusted: pushed back mob spawns near Forgotten Depths' egress point.
  • Added: blocking now adds additional threat equal to the player's adventuring level.
  • Adjusted: disabled some shadows on parts of ashen creatures to improve performance.
  • Adjusted: Maces of the Unseen Hand now have frontal bonuses.
  • Added: randomized visuals for rotting carcass between bear, doe, and boar.
  • Added: level 38 & 42 Forsaken mobs into appropriate locations. The initial feedback on Forsaken mobs was that they were "too easy" so we had held these back until we could implement more interesting ideas. But feedback also told us that having 38/42 abilities available as a rare lotto style drop was not a pleasant experience. Since we do not want to take away previously acquired abilities we are instead adding the Forsaken mobs back as a temporary stop-gap solution. At some point these will likely be replaced with a more interesting acquisition mechanic.
  • Removed Fear calls for help. This changeset slipped through the cracks and was not included in the QA notes throughout March. I take full responsibility for not being vigilant enough in obtaining design updates from Adric last month. Fear was always intended to be a bit more chaotic and unpredictable in nature so you should expect some form of calls for help to be added back in this month's QA updates. I look forward to hearing feedback on how we can work together to come up with a good middle ground so that Warlord's don't consider their fear "useless".
Known new issues:
  • Manslayer Swords have the wrong visuals
  • Shadow Bows have the wrong visuals
  • Fog transition going from 11:59pm --> 12:00am is not smooth.
  • XP bars for a capped out profession (due to it being 10 levels above your adventuring level) show incorrectly.

Last edited:
Nice hotfix!
Seems to be a rather big update regarding file size, since I'm downloading for about 15 Minutes already. :eek:

• Added: blocking now adds additional threat equal to the player's adventuring level.
Sexy. Almost makes me want to lvl my tank... Almost.

• Removed Fear calls for help. This changeset slipped through the cracks and was not included in the QA notes throughout March. I take full responsibility for not being vigilant enough in obtaining design updates from Adric last month. Fear was always intended to be a bit more chaotic and unpredictable in nature so you should expect some form of calls for help to be added back in this month's QA updates. I look forward to hearing feedback on how we can work together to come up with a good middle ground so that Warlord's don't consider their fear "useless".
IMO, fear should be chaotic. If it really must be toned down, then perhaps reducing the mob's social radius while fear is active or add a snare component. Could also have it so mobs always try to maintain maximum distance from the fearing player allowing the player some kind of control as to the direction the mob is travelling. You'd have to check player/mob position a bunch to ensure corralling is working and that could be a pain... good news is, you could apply that logic to ranged mobs so they try to keep distance from players in a more logical manner than just straight back from initial engagement.

1680634292553.png

wolf-of-wall-street-rookie-numbers.gif

Nice hotfix!
Seems to be a rather big update regarding file size, since I'm downloading for about 15 Minutes already. :eek:
I am loading for over an hour, when i restart the laucher it loads with full bandwidth (watched it in Taskmanager) until it reaches the previous percentage. After that it drops down from 50Mbit/s to 1Mbit/s

Today i restarted the download and its back to load with 1-2 Mbit/s from the beginning... is there a setting that prevents faster downloadspeeds? or is it Serversided limited? i am downloading from Germany if thats important?

Today i restarted the download and its back to load with 1-2 Mbit/s from the beginning... is there a setting that prevents faster downloadspeeds? or is it Serversided limited? i am downloading from Germany if thats important?
Maybe that's part of the problem- I am from germany aswell.
Dropped you a PM.

Work around. Unity3d.data file is the hang up for these rogue clients. You can have someone send you the new version of this file, or download it individually through the client and place it in <launcher directory>\client\live\Embers Adrift_Data and restart the client.

Back