What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Hot Fix April 2nd

Undone

Codemaster
Stormhaven Studios
  • Fixed stuck spots in Central Veins, Ember Veins, Forgotten Depths, Aquifer, Meadowlands, Newhaven Valley, and Meadowlands.
  • Fixed some floating props in Newhaven Valley
  • Fixed a quest volume trigger in Forgotten Depths that was using the wrong data. This was preventing click to target from working properly.
  • Fixed a bug with camera zoom initialization.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented camera zoom from continuing to smoothly adjust when your mouse was over a UI element.
  • Added VFX to group member backpacks: they will now show the blue "ping" circle on the ground.
  • Added "(YOURS)" and "(GROUP MEMBER)" to backpack tooltips of yours and group members.
  • Added missing footstep audio for dense and hallow wood.
  • Added a confirmation dialog to bank expansion upgrades.
  • Improved Northreach Doe task description
  • Improved Redshore Ridge Mandrake task to include secondary objective.
  • Increased Raven task in Grizzled Peaks level minimum to 48
  • Renamed level 46 belt to "Double Belt" and assigned a new icon.
  • Replace Blighted Stalker with Spider Stalker in Highlands to avoid other mobs killing them.
  • Removed incorrect VFX from Injured Rat Blind Rage ability.
  • Disabled lights above water in a dungeon room that was causing some visual issues
  • "Armored Target Dummy" renamed to "Target Dummy" with an "Armored" title.
New Stuff
Player vs. Player Proving Grounds
A new arena has been constructed in Newhaven Valley adjacent to the Circle camp. Within you can fight 1-on-1, free for all, or party vs. party. While in the arena you will automatically be flagged for PvP and the flag will be removed once you leave. A new icon will appear under your nameplate when this flag is active. There are however, as always, a few caveats and important things to consider:
  • Other players can only be targeted if you have matching PvP flags. This means that you cannot target someone flagged for PvP while you are not flagged for PvP.
  • Players will be selectable as an offensive target only if you are both flagged for PvP and they are NOT a member of your group. Group members are selectable as defensive targets (as usual).
  • Lull, Threat, and Fear do nothing.
  • Combat logs will still report absorption, but no armor damage is actually done (this includes armor dots).
  • No armor damage is applied when giving up.
  • Upon releasing your backpack will be placed outside of the Proving Grounds.
  • When flagged for PvP you gain innate resists to CC-type effects (movement slows, daze, stun, etc) and debuffs from other players. The values are shown on the PvP icon tooltip.
  • This feature is FOR FUN. We fully recognize that nothing about this is balanced and that is ok with us. We have no intentions on rebalancing the game around PvP. We very well may expand upon this feature in the future with additional areas (with obstacles, etc, think EQ's arena zone) - but it is lower on the priority list.
73jIQdh.png
hFrFrRR.png

ZUkEdJj.png
IXamKpR.png

6XFn0Oe.png
hFrFrRR.png

n22gksM.png
MFkC41r.png

Last edited:
Yet more useless content... this is right up there with the 2second to 1 second ability change. Still no endgame.
We have already be saying that we would not be working on endgame for the time being.
We are working on content that can benefit everyone to all levels and continuing our quest to improve and refine the game as a whole.

This is obviously a "useless" feature. Unless you consider "fun" as to be the main purpose of any game. In which case this is a feature to amuse the community accross all levels and accessible even to Trials This has no ambition, nor any other purpose than having fun. Hope you guys will have some silly fun in the Proving Grounds! :)

I am super excited for Proving Grounds! Some of my fondest memories as a kid on EQOA were hanging around the dueling arena in Freeport by the docks on my Ogre Warrior. It was a great hang out spot and spectating fights was always a blast. Great work Stormhaven! Can't wait to get rooted by my Marshal buddies!

This is great. I hope to enjoy some PVP also as Yarpen Zig said, it might be a gathering spot and new friends and groups for content will most certainly come out of it. Thanks!

Yet more useless content... this is right up there with the 2second to 1 second ability change. Still no endgame.
This content is not forced upon you. If you don't like this content then you are free to not participate. And I'm not sure how many different ways we can say that our goal is for the game to be more about the journey than the "end game" before people start believing us. Similar to what @Elloa mentioned above we have very limited dev resources that we are currently allocating to systems & content that improve the game for players of the widest level range possible. This should come as a shock to no one.

I'm glad to see the team has some new ideas to keep things fresh. Looking forward to more changes to expand activities in the game beyond grinding mobs. Loving the direction.

FIGHT ME BRO

Absolutely LOVE this.
From 2001 to 2004 every Monday night my Ultima Online guild would meet at a special arena one of the guys made and we would fight each other and have the best time.

This is going to be so much fun.
The only limits are your imagination and your sense of humour.

You must have been pissing your pants laughing when I posted that Emberstorm picture on Discord yesterday.

Can't find a picture of our arena yet, but this was the guild house.

Look what you made me dig up.

1712106635033.png

Last edited:
Did some fighting in the proving grounds and it would be nice to have an ember ring in the spectator area so you can recover the wounds after a loss and still watch and /s chat.
Just a suggestion. :)

Was good fun though.

Did some fighting in the proving grounds and it would be nice to have an ember ring in the spectator area so you can recover the wounds after a loss and still watch and /s chat.
Just a suggestion. :)

Was good fun though.
Yeah I'd love for something a tad closer for the same reason. I think using hp debt to prevent ppl from rushing in over and over is smart though. If it were closer it wouldn't be so bad.

Had a blast messing around today otherwise though. I'd love to see what a 6 v 6 match of similar players would look like!

I know the PVP was a test bed of sorts, BUT if it is kept maybe have a reward system, cosmetic items mainly. I hate adding graphics and numbers to teh Devs plate, but just a thought IF it comes and stays.

I dig the idea of titles based on time spent in the arena or unique player kills (to prevent excessive cheating with multiple accounts). I think the idea of getting passive EE generation in the arena would be fun and give a reason for ppl to spectate or compete. It would be difficult to rationalize lore wise but I'd love me a 24/7 King of the Hill to afk at and watch for parties forming. The exiles have arenas everywhere they settle, maybe them fighting and entertaining the others is what generates Ember Essence?

Been thinking about running a monthly tournament based on level ranges:
1-9 - featherweight
11-20 - lightweight
21-30 - welterweight
31-40 - middleweight
41-50 - heavyweight

Would need some incentive though, something like an exclusive title awarded to the winner.

Mar24Welter
Mar24Heavy

etc

But I guess this goes against it just being fun, so *shrugs*.

Back