What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

I had fun on a quest.

jsxgp

I had an amazing experience tonight. I completed a quest solo that was obviously meant for a group. It was hard, frustrating, and at some points seemed impossible, but I persisted and when I completed the objective I was filled with a satisfaction and euphoria that I have not felt in at least a decade from accomplishing something in an mmo.

The quest sent me to the Blighted Colony in Highland Hills. I needed 2 items from deep inside. I tried just running in but that wasnt going to work, the area was SWARMING with yellow 3chevs.

So I did what you do when any quest in any game starts to be challenging, I went looking for help. I tried wikis, youtube, many google searches, and there was NOTHING. I couldnt even get an answer from my desperate pIeas to world chat. I was on my own. The only help I would get would be from the quest text and quest log.

I went into Stealth Mission mode. I scouted every entry point. Probed for weaknesses. Learned guard pathing. I spotted a chest on a raised platform, that had to be it! I tried again and again, using every trick and skill available to me. I was shouting and cursing up a storm. After a well timed jump from a cliff and dodging 5 guards, I was able to sneak in and grab it and then sneak out the back. Same thing for item number 2.

It felt great, I had done the impossible, and on the long run to the turn in I was chanting “IM A NINJA!” over and over. And I did it all without dying. Fun quest, 10/10.

Thank you Embers Adrift.
Great job team.

Back