What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

What class are you going to play?

Pelirow

Defender class, 90% likely it'll be Marshal spec. I like the jack of all trades nature of the class while still being primarily a tank.

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios
At the moment I'm really considering Striker- Brigand. I really enjoy the control abilities of the Brigand.
But I've not tried enough the other roles, and certainly not the sub-classes, to make a decision now.

Last edited:

MrDDT

No summoning in the game. But definitely a semi sneaky dps.
@Ariatras
There is no stealth or Stealthy or Assassins or Summoners in the game at all or anything like it.
You can play DPS on any class, strikers base is likely the most suited for it, and then there are 3 subclasses to it. However, all classes have the option to do DPS if you build for it.

What I'm hoping for is an archer/ranger/hunter type...bow with maybe a short sword for getting up close and personal.

I've no idea how that fits with what's available though.

KnightFalz

What I'm hoping for is an archer/ranger/hunter type...bow with maybe a short sword for getting up close and personal.

It doesn't with Defense characters due to no bow use. Strength characters have bows, but you'd be better off dual-wielding that using a single blade. They can also use two-handed swords. Support characters have crossbows, but can only use a banner along with a one-handed weapon so far as I recall. They can also use staves. Hunting is a trade skill anyone can learn.

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios

Striker is for you. Striker is the DPS role. You have 3 different classes: Brigand (Striker-Controler), Berserker (striker-Defender) and Warden (striker-Supporter). Striker can use as weapons bows (long and short) dual wield and 2 hander sword/axe

Striker is for you. Striker is the DPS role. You have 3 different classes: Brigand (Striker-Controler), Berserker (striker-Defender) and Warden (striker-Supporter). Striker can use as weapons bows (long and short) dual wield and 2 hander sword/axe
Thanks, I got in-game yesterday and worked it out...with some difficulty in learning how to switch weapon-set!
Got myself a skinning knife too...all set to slaughter many cute little does to keep the good folk of Newhaven fed and clothed!

Still got some learning to do...actually posting a message in chat channels still eludes me, as does selling goods...but I'll get there.

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios
To speak in the global channel you can use /global or /gl
To speak in the zone channel you can use /zone or /ooc

Sprout

I started playing sentinel for the beta test and i fell in love with it, so 100procent will play that!

GeekGirl

I am waffling between the striker (either warden or brigand, I'm not sure) and the supporter (warlord, I think). I really enjoy the supporter class, but the striker seems to level a little faster, (and that only matters for me for mob variety, i.e. moving on to humanoids) but that just may be my perception.

Do we have soft numbers as to what's trending? I'm just curious to see where people are leaning (and recognize that not everyone posts on the forums for whatever reason).

Elloa

Administrator
Stormhaven Studios
It's hard to say with precision but my overall experience is that we have a lot of supporters.
The nice thing about our game though is that the group composition is relatively flexible and as long as you have 1 of each, you can fill up your group a little bit like you want