What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Warlord

Bollocks

Howdy. Just wanted to see how you warlords out there are liking thier class? Just hit level 7 and will be traveling to the city soon for my warlord quest. I will be playing solo most times, but will be supporting my brother once he jumps in. How has your experience been in solo, duo's and groups? I have been having a lot of fun leveling up and gathering as support. Using one hand sword and flag thus far. Thanks and have a good one.

Leeloo the Warlord (almost)

I absolutely love the Warlord class, both playing it and seeing one pop up in our groups. A very brief breakdown of my personal experience:

Solo: The poster child for 'slow but steady.' You will not kill anything fast, but once you get a few of your key skills you are very hard to kill yourself. Your best bet is to focus on blue / white single chevrons to maximize your wet noodle slapping damage, but as long as you're in no hurry you can solo just fine and can survive situations other classes would have to run away from.

Groups: Here's where you absolutely shine. You are a force multiplier in any group, being able to do many things aside from heal. Stamina and HP regen, fears for clutch CC, and while your damage is pretty poor all around you'll be able to carry an entire team yourself once you get the hang of it, freeing up a slot for extra DPS. No group is ever upset when a Warlord shows up.

Overall pro's: A surprisingly sturdy healer that brings a ton of utility to groups and is capable of soloing when the mood strikes.
Overall con's: Your DPS will be rivaled by the damage done from stubbing your toe on a pile of damp leaves.

Last edited:
After playing the Supporter class, and reaching lvl 4, I am finding the skill "Screen" quite useless as a skill. One reason for this, is that the skill can only be used on another group member. Finding groups is a hit or miss, which in my opinion, makes this skill worthless to receive at level 4. Again, in my opinion here, I think this skill should be reworked to allow to it be applied to Self and allies. I do not see how making this small change would cause an imbalance to the Supporter class. It is just sadly, a skill that is not used that much unless you have consistent groups.

After playing the Supporter class, and reaching lvl 4, I am finding the skill "Screen" quite useless as a skill. One reason for this, is that the skill can only be used on another group member. Finding groups is a hit or miss, which in my opinion, makes this skill worthless to receive at level 4. Again, in my opinion here, I think this skill should be reworked to allow to it be applied to Self and allies. I do not see how making this small change would cause an imbalance to the Supporter class. It is just sadly, a skill that is not used that much unless you have consistent groups.
It's useless solo, and a waste of the 4th slot, agreed. Tangentially related, there is absolutely no logic behind the decision to bar supporters from using shields. More choices is always better than fewer.

Back