What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Thoughts on class specific goodies

Nfab35

I am not sure if this has been discussed, so I apologize if this has been a topic of discussion.

I'm curious on people's thoughts on class specific gear/weapons. Would seeing weapons or armor with class specific stats be something of interest? Having specific stats that could increase some of your class abilities and skills that you possess.

Is something along these lines anything that we might have to look forward to throughout the development possibly?

I am not sure if this has been discussed, so I apologize if this has been a topic of discussion.

I'm curious on people's thoughts on class specific gear/weapons. Would seeing weapons or armor with class specific stats be something of interest? Having specific stats that could increase some of your class abilities and skills that you possess.

Is something along these lines anything that we might have to look forward to throughout the development possibly?
This thread had some discussion on specialization specific weaponry. Armor is similar in that we very specifically designed the system to be as flexible as possible. Adding role restrictions breaks that flexibility and takes choice away from the player. We don't want to be the ones telling you what stats etc. to use; that's something we want you to discover through trial and error.

This thread had some discussion on specialization specific weaponry. Armor is similar in that we very specifically designed the system to be as flexible as possible. Adding role restrictions breaks that flexibility and takes choice away from the player. We don't want to be the ones telling you what stats etc. to use; that's something we want you to discover through trial and error.
Possibly, But at the moment our choices are very limited as it is. For example if a supporter wants to use a staff, he has about 4 choices of staffs from lvl 1 to 30. Lookout, cedar, maple and hunters staff. We already have the bare bones, flexibility and variety is what will draw people in imo.

Possibly, But at the moment our choices are very limited as it is. For example if a supporter wants to use a staff, he has about 4 choices of staffs from lvl 1 to 30. Lookout, cedar, maple and hunters staff. We already have the bare bones, flexibility and variety is what will draw people in imo.

There's definitely more variety than that, sure just mundane common dropped staves there's a few, but there's rares out there and flux imbued versions of crafted staves. Probably a dozen or so just in one weapon type. Maybe I'm not sure what you are looking for in terms of flexibility and diversity, the choice of staff is unlikely to drastically alter how a supporter is played, is that what you are looking for?

There's definitely more variety than that, sure just mundane common dropped staves there's a few, but there's rares out there and flux imbued versions of crafted staves. Probably a dozen or so just in one weapon type. Maybe I'm not sure what you are looking for in terms of flexibility and diversity, the choice of staff is unlikely to drastically alter how a supporter is played, is that what you are looking for?
Very limited selection though of dropped staffs. Most named mobs drop 1h weapons or 2h defender weapons from what I've seen. And staffs are no longer craftable so imbued staffs are no longer an option unfortunately. I was just trying to point out that from what I have seen there are very limited options when it comes to certain items.

It doesnt neccesarily alter how a supporter is played but it does limit the choices and options one might have when seeking new equipment. Just feels like a lot is lacking when it comes to loot and options.
I do believe there is still some tweaking needed with named mob spawns and such. Seems some named mobs are very very common and spawn constantly, while others you're lucky if you even see them once... then with some when you see their loot table it can be disappointing at what you find.
I know things are still a work in progress, so I'm hoping maybe as things grow we see more options. When it comes to weapons/gear it would be nice to have more choices and options.

Last edited:
And staffs are no longer craftable

Guess my brain was broken because I completely forgot about them not currently being craftable. Yea I agree with your statement then, non-crafted, drop-only stuff is fairly limited currently. To avoid a massive refactor the current rares were excluded from the crafted/dropped rule so it remains diverse, but it does mean that drop-only weapons have less diversity atm. But this should be temporary.

One item I know that has eluded me since alpha to current testing is seeing a crossbow come off any named mobs. Not sure if one exists but I've only ever seen the common.

Class specific goodies doesnt preclude player choice. You can choose not to use it. Only if the goodies are drastically imbalanced to the point it's no choice at all, would that be a factor. Having a warlord weapon which is weaker than a crafted or dropped neutral dps option, but bolsters a particular warlord ability, would give that player a choice to make.

I'd love to see a sentinel mainhand that a player can take, which has horrible combat stats, but offers block, stam regen, and +healing... allowing them to choose to go full Gandhi, non combat sitting group healer if they want to

Would also be great to see a rapier that offers a duelist parry and 2 second delay with a great dmg/delay ratio, but is coded to be offhand empty.

Plenty of room for dynamic game play changing class specific weapons, that some players might pass on, and some might gravitate to

Last edited:
Back