What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Status after 30 minutes in - Various Toons

Felwit

Prospector / Defender
After 30 minutes into the game as a Prospector / Defender (I mainly focused on mining, but hit a few mobs on the way), I am at Prospecting level 4 + 4%, Defender level 1 + 25%. I followed the west wall. When I hit the town wall, I then headed to Camp 3 to refine everything.

Loot:
1646275647677.png
That results in 40 cp from mob drops, and 3 s 30 cp once selling gather/refine fails.

Attachments

• 1646275620116.png
    1646275620116.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Forestry / Supporter
For this toon, I killed around the newbie area, not passing the hill line on the way to the middle camp, until I had like 5 minutes left, and I killed my way to the camp and refined materials. Supporter level 1 + 83%. Forestry level 4 + 37%.

After refining, I had these materials and money. I have copper, as I killed one human mob while wandering around. Note, I accidentally made one set of wood chips.
1646277843488.png

After sellling mob drops (I kept the arrows, as they could be useful for some classes), I had 2 s 77 cp. After selling the gathering/refining fails, I had 3 s 47 cp.

Hunter / Striker
For this toon, I also killed around thew newbie area, then started running to the middle camp at 28 minutes, spending the last 30 seconds (plus a bit) refining carcasses. Striker level 2 + 1%, Hunter level 3 + 5%. I made all of the deer and boar carcasses into leather, and the rabbit carcasses into meat. I could have gone higher in Hunter by making the leather into leather strips (each leather strip gives about 5% XP).

Before I refined, this is what I had in the bag.
1646279913388.png

After refining:
1646280320164.png

Selling mob drops gives 3 s 10 cp. Selling gathering / refining fails brings me to 4 s 50 cp.

Attachments

• 1646280297397.png
    1646280297397.png
    126.1 KB · Views: 0
My Conclusions
None of these seem too far away from each other. Forestry does appear to have an advantage over Prospector, due to the area in which materials spawn in S. Newhaven, which also happen to have a large population of animals in their vicinity. My Forestry (we ever going to get a name change to Forester?) thus ended up with move overall XP (specifically significantly more adventuring XP). My Forestry also ended up with more raw materials--38 pieces (reverting the wood chips back to 1 piece of wood) versus 20. Hunter had more overall cash, presumably due to the number of additional mobs killed (since there is less time wasted heading off to a gathering node, hunter nodes are always at the end of their feet). But my Hunter also had the fewest number of crafting items at the end.

This also shows a bit of the difference in success rates for gathering/refining. My Prospector failed about half the time. My Forestry failed about 1/7 times. My Hunter failed about 60% of the time. Though these numbers may also be small enough that they hit into random number generator issues.

This evening I primarily leveled my DEF that has Hunting (initially) and Outfitter as the second profession. I played well past the 10 pm PST stop time. I was able to level my character to 6 + 25%, with Hunting skill at level 7 + 50%, and Outfitter skill to 2 + 25%. There seemed to be a lot of failure both when harvesting as well as processing. Double Jeopardy. The failures diminished as skill level rose but it still seemed high considering a near 50% failure rate on level one animals while my skill was level 5 or more.

One other request I'd like to make: Hopefully before Friday rolls around we can either have more bank slots or a mechanism to increase the limited number we currently start with. Overall I had a lot of fun and there seemed to be a LOT more people playing. Thanks Devs!!

One other request I'd like to make: Hopefully before Friday rolls around we can either have more bank slots or a mechanism to increase the limited number we currently start with. Overall I had a lot of fun and there seemed to be a LOT more people playing. Thanks Devs!!
Expanding the bank unfortunately will not come until next week. I need time to test the changes and make sure your money doesn't disappear.

Fair enough. As always, thanks for the quick response Undone. I appreciate the complexity of the task and also for keeping us informed.

If working around limited bank slots is my greatest concern this weekend, I'm blessed! :cool:

After playing for 1 hour, 11 minutes, I am level 9 +54% Forestry. Supporter is still level 1 + 83%.

I have 45 Linseed oil, but only 9 Penny Bun Mushroom Oil. These still need balanced out some more. It seems like mushrooms only spawn 1-2 per node, while I commonly get 3 Linseed, when I get them.

Back