What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Some Lore and Quest Related Comments / Questions

Tharbeard

Spent a good deal of time exploring South Newhaven (the starting area) this weekend. Had an amazing amount of fun just wandering around on my own, trying to stay alive, and seeing what there is to see. Seriously, a good time was had.

1) Is there a lore reason the spawn points turn blue when you enter them?

2) Multiple times I saw a very creepy apparition with glowing red eyes that vanishes before I can get up to it. Creeped me the heck out every time, especially at night. Please tell me there is more to this to discover!

3. I'm at level six and am down to two quests left to finish: the missing assistant ("Camp and Cave" portion) and completing the map. Am I correct in suspecting that I'm at the end of what's feasible solo and need to group up to finish those out?

4. I just learned about the existence of the Central Vein dungeon while reading the forums. Is there a quest lead in to this? In other words, when is a good time to start thinking about finding a group to run it (from a narrative point of view)?

5. When is a good time to move past the wall? Is there a current list of "to dos" to help completists like me maximize the current game iteration before moving on?

#2 - There is! I found a local with some information to share about that. Folk like to tuck in early though, best to keep that in mind. I, too, look forward to learning more.

4. I just learned about the existence of the Central Vein dungeon while reading the forums. Is there a quest lead in to this? In other words, when is a good time to start thinking about finding a group to run it (from a narrative point of view)?

There is a quest chain that explores why the bandits are in the area, and takes you near (one of) the entrance(s) to the dungeon. However nothing that explicitly leads into the dungeon. The biggest reasons for going into it are loot from named monsters/bosses inside, exploration, increased xp (from being in a group, fighting difficult mobs, and fighting many mobs in a relatively short period), and the personal challenge.

CV can be traversed (dungeons in EA don't really have a "complete" state, they're not instanced, and the mobs will keep respawning) by a party of 6 level 5+ in about 2 hours (assuming skilled play and knowledge of the dungeon layout).

There is a quest chain that explores why the bandits are in the area, and takes you near (one of) the entrance(s) to the dungeon. However nothing that explicitly leads into the dungeon. The biggest reasons for going into it are loot from named monsters/bosses inside, exploration, increased xp (from being in a group, fighting difficult mobs, and fighting many mobs in a relatively short period), and the personal challenge.

CV can be traversed (dungeons in EA don't really have a "complete" state, they're not instanced, and the mobs will keep respawning) by a party of 6 level 5+ in about 2 hours (assuming skilled play and knowledge of the dungeon layout).
Thanks for the tip on the quest chain. Asked around and got it.

Spent a good deal of time exploring South Newhaven (the starting area) this weekend. Had an amazing amount of fun just wandering around on my own, trying to stay alive, and seeing what there is to see. Seriously, a good time was had.

1) Is there a lore reason the spawn points turn blue when you enter them?

2) Multiple times I saw a very creepy apparition with glowing red eyes that vanishes before I can get up to it. Creeped me the heck out every time, especially at night. Please tell me there is more to this to discover!

3. I'm at level six and am down to two quests left to finish: the missing assistant ("Camp and Cave" portion) and completing the map. Am I correct in suspecting that I'm at the end of what's feasible solo and need to group up to finish those out?

5. When is a good time to move past the wall? Is there a current list of "to dos" to help completists like me maximize the current game iteration before moving on?
1. I'd love to know this, too, the markers don't always seem like they're the same. I hope we learn more about it, later.

2. I've been meaning to ask this same question. That thing is creepy. I'll have to go find that local!

3. Have you found the missing weapon's caches, yet? Crafting/Harvesting quest? The missing assistant questline takes you places, btw. Keep pressing along in that quest, but it's up to you - if you want to run past the mobs to the quest update locations, you can try that for some of them. Otherwise, if you like to fight, "yes" you'll want a group.

4. With most quests, I've found that they usually lead to dense groups of mobs, so there's never a bad time to start looking for a group. At levels 6-10, I was able to group up into a team of 3 (Tank, Healer, DPS) and push through a good portion of CV (except for some of the "larger" mobs), among other places - though I haven't been through the Bandit Mine yet. You'll want at least that same make-up if you plan to fight through some of the more dense mob locations. Again, you could just try to survive the run to the right spot to get the quest update...but unless you know where you're going in CV I wouldn't recommend it.

5. At some point, you should (I believe) get a quest that takes you that way - I did. So, keep following the missing Assistant questline.

1. I'd love to know this, too, the markers don't always seem like they're the same. I hope we learn more about it, later.

2. I've been meaning to ask this same question. That thing is creepy. I'll have to go find that local!

3. Have you found the missing weapon's caches, yet? Crafting/Harvesting quest? The missing assistant questline takes you places, btw. Keep pressing along in that quest, but it's up to you - if you want to run past the mobs to the quest update locations, you can try that for some of them. Otherwise, if you like to fight, "yes" you'll want a group.

4. With most quests, I've found that they usually lead to dense groups of mobs, so there's never a bad time to start looking for a group. At levels 6-10, I was able to group up into a team of 3 (Tank, Healer, DPS) and push through a good portion of CV (except for some of the "larger" mobs), among other places - though I haven't been through the Bandit Mine yet. You'll want at least that same make-up if you plan to fight through some of the more dense mob locations. Again, you could just try to survive the run to the right spot to get the quest update...but unless you know where you're going in CV I wouldn't recommend it.

5. At some point, you should (I believe) get a quest that takes you that way - I did. So, keep following the missing Assistant questline.
I'm down to a single weapons cache and have the quest to go into CV. I've run through all of the camps looking for that cache - I can only assume it must be clicked, in which case just running through isn't going to help. Any clues on what the caches look like and where in the camps they might be found?

In the meantime, hoping to run CV this weekend.

I'm down to a single weapons cache and have the quest to go into CV. I've run through all of the camps looking for that cache - I can only assume it must be clicked, in which case just running through isn't going to help. Any clues on what the caches look like and where in the camps they might be found?

In the meantime, hoping to run CV this weekend.
I'll just say that it does not need to be clicked, but you do have to get pretty close. I'll remind you of what the NPC says about the 3rd and final cache..."the other side" (of the road, which is west), but not in CV. Perhaps there's another path in the area to the NW that leads uphill to more bandits? ;)

I'll probably try to convince my wife and any ole number of any other players and classes to join us in the Bandit Mine and/or CV, just for the fun of it this weekend (Battlestorm level 10 Knight and Thumbledina level 8 Warlord).

I'm still at the "chase some lass up this road, she can't be too far away" state in the quest - checked with the quest giver last night just to be sure. To that end, I've carefully followed the path, checking all of the abandoned(?) buildings and sheds along the road - plus the shelters by the pond - all the way up to the smuggler camp at the top of the hill. I've run through that thoroughly, as well as the area around the pillar and the smuggler camp at the eastern entrance to CV.

From your comment, I assume then that I am still at the initial stage of the quest line: to find two weapons caches in the eastern hills. I've found at least one, as /listobjectives says to find one weapons cache. Wondering if the quest is broken for me?

I'll just say that it does not need to be clicked, but you do have to get pretty close. I'll remind you of what the NPC says about the 3rd and final cache..."the other side" (of the road, which is west), but not in CV. Perhaps there's another path in the area to the NW that leads uphill to more bandits? ;)

I'll probably try to convince my wife and any ole number of any other players and classes to join us in the Bandit Mine and/or CV, just for the fun of it this weekend (Battlestorm level 10 Knight and Thumbledina level 8 Warlord).

If you're looking for more, hit up Gangari (lvl 8 Jugg). I'd love some group experience - I keep getting told that Juggs do fine as DPS.

I'm still at the "chase some lass up this road, she can't be too far away" state in the quest - checked with the quest giver last night just to be sure. To that end, I've carefully followed the path, checking all of the abandoned(?) buildings and sheds along the road - plus the shelters by the pond - all the way up to the smuggler camp at the top of the hill. I've run through that thoroughly, as well as the area around the pillar and the smuggler camp at the eastern entrance to CV.

From your comment, I assume then that I am still at the initial stage of the quest line: to find two weapons caches in the eastern hills. I've found at least one, as /listobjectives says to find one weapons cache. Wondering if the quest is broken for me?
Ah, okay, so there is a runner with a special name who drops a note, only seen her at night…might want to check around the abandoned house on the path east away from the quest giver (only seen her once).

The first cache, as you noted, was to the south of the abandoned house. It was up top, at the back of the bandit camp on top the hill (weapons rack).

The second is in a chest right in front of the mining cave entrance (southeast of the house) again, swarmed with bandits and smugglers (look for the cart w/ a chest on it).

I think you’re close to the third - past CV entrance to the west and up the hill - bandit camp. Again, it’s in the back (weapon rack).

Last edited:
Thank you for the spoilers. Really at the point I just want to finish it and move on. ;)

The way the quest was written, I first assumed I needed to find a named NPC - but having never seen one (other than the more common "Runner" NPCs) I gave up on that idea and assumed it was the camp on the hill. I'll try it again at night.

I love complicated quest lines, but sometimes you just needs some help figuring things out. This is the type of thing that gets into wiki entries and becomes shared knowledge.

Last edited:
Back