What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Should stuns/slows/interrupts be instant cast (no cast time)

blackhalo

Been pondering this for a while. Enemies heal themselves sometimes, should there be a way to interrupt or stop it as a part of tactical play? Maybe stuns, CC should be instant castable?
Edit: Just realized stun was a 1 sec cd nevermind.

Last edited:
Enemies can interrupt us. We have no idea when they are beginning any ability (IE heal or drink potion) in order to interrupt.

I like that snappy feeling and satisfaction of 'I see an enemy doing X, quickly counter with skill Y' skillful gameplay, but I don't see this being that kind of game, at least not at the moment...

I wouldn't mind a reduced execution time on some skills though: Specifically if using melee attacks. 2 seconds execution on melee attacks just feels... stupid.

Sure, you need time to charge up an attack with a bow and the timing is there to counterbalance kiting. Doesn't make much sense to think about swinging your weapon for a few seconds before doing it, and being in melee range is more difficult (getting close and having targeting issues + damage/effects from aoe's + reactive damage from thorns/bleed on hit, etc) along with more risks, so they would gain a slight dps benefit in exchange for riskier and skillful gameplay (paying attention to dangerous mob abilities, position, etc) if execution times were cut in half when doing melee attacks. I think that is entirely fair AND adds some flavor to the game instead of 'all weapons level 20 do 3d7 damage'. I know this isn't exactly the case, but that's not far off. Weapons stats wouldn't change, but the effectiveness would.

In short: I support reducing exe time on melee attacks and skills by 50%, but anything of the 'magical but not really magic' sort should retain its cast, errr execution time and so should any attacks executed via ranged weapon.

I also feel like the DEVs want to move away from this type of speedy combat. Which personally, I'm happy with. I would like to see a ton more skills so we can maybe remove debuffs.

Back