What's new
Embers Adrift

Register a free account today to Ignite your Adventure! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate with the Embers Adrift community. Your active account will also be the same account used to purchase, download, and login to the game.

Shield or Dual Wield for Supporters

For now, the philosophy is that each roles Defender, Striker and Supporter have access to different set of weapons. This give you the opportunity to recognise at first glance what role is a friend... or an ennemy.
You see an Exile with a Two hand hammer? You know it is a defender and may be tougher to defeat. You see a Marauder with a staff, you know it's a supporter and its going to heal his allies.
Weapons are supposed to help you to strategise how you tackle ennemies and to give a stronger sense of role identity. :)

What an enemy has equipped has zero to do with how a player class operates. Players do not equal mobs.

GIving a Sentinel a shield adds an interesting option to the class, the same with Dual Wield for Dualists or the bow for a Warlord.

We as players want more options not less. This game needs to evolve, not pray to some design bible that refuses to adapt to player needs.

What an enemy has equipped has zero to do with how a player class operates. Players do not equal mobs.

GIving a Sentinel a shield adds an interesting option to the class, the same with Dual Wield for Dualists or the bow for a Warlord.

We as players want more options not less. This game needs to evolve, not pray to some design bible that refuses to adapt to player needs.
Ultimately there are only 3 classes in this game. Characters are very shallow and uninteresting. I have tried to be supportive and give constructive criticism. But I think they are either unwilling or unable to respond or react to the feedback given by players. Either answer was enough for me to decide to stop wasting my time and effort on this game. Hopefully I am wrong and this becomes a full game that is actually fun. But for now I can’t justify a sub fee and more importantly dumping my time into a fake full release of a game that should be called an Alpha.

Last edited:
100% an alpha. If there is any doubt in your mind, just look at how you pick your class. The most temporary alpha stand-in crap ive ever seen. Its just 9 npcs standing in a corner. When you pick your class in other games there is SOME kind of flavor, be it a guild hall, a unique area, or even an entire zone sometimes. All this on top of just being dropped on some beach with no lore or setup at all.

Why are you kiddos asking for bow on the warlord when warlord already has access to CROSSBOWS and HEAVY CROSSBOWS?

Why are you kiddos asking for bow on the warlord when warlord already has access to CROSSBOWS and HEAVY CROSSBOWS?
Crossbow range is very short, why not have more options on gear and have that important range to pull with (adds utility to the group).

I will ask everyone to calm down and to be respectful toward each others. - THANK YOU.
You can disagree and still stay respectful, polite and even kind.
In this time and age, kindness is more important than being right.

A best friend is the one to tell you when your wrong when others think that you are always right. You're neither right or wrong because other people agree with you. You're right when your facts are right and your reasoning is right, that is the only thing that makes you right. And if your facts and reasoning are right, you don't have to worry about anybody else.

A best friend is the one to tell you when your wrong when others think that you are always right. You're neither right or wrong because other people agree with you. You're right when your facts are right and your reasoning is right, that is the only thing that makes you right. And if your facts and reasoning are right, you don't have to worry about anybody else.
Next time I ever take a test, I'll just answer C down the whole paper but I'll treat the proctor with kindness. I'm sure they'll just give me a 100.

100% an alpha. If there is any doubt in your mind, just look at how you pick your class. The most temporary alpha stand-in crap ive ever seen. Its just 9 npcs standing in a corner. When you pick your class in other games there is SOME kind of flavor, be it a guild hall, a unique area, or even an entire zone sometimes. All this on top of just being dropped on some beach with no lore or setup at all.
Okay, while I agree with some of the other complaints here...

...what?

WoW: Your character is in the center of the screen with some scenery from their associated Capital city in the background. They're staring deadpan at the camera and you can rotate them.

FFXIV: Your character is standing on a small blue platform in a floating void that you can rotate and move the camera around (you can change the background, but they're all static).

Embers: Your characters are together as a group at a camp in the wilderness implying danger and the unknown of an untamed, dark wilderness around them, but that you share this world.

When I first realized Embers' had all your characters at the camp together, I thought that was a wonderful touch. Imo, that's WAY better than "deadpan stare from the center of generic guild hall #1938". That's not "temporary alpha stand-in crap"; it looks way better than what YOU want instead. What WoW does is the "temporary alpha stand-in crap", and it's been out for nearly 20 years!

On the other hand, I like the idea of Dualist dual wielding, Sentinel having a shield, and Warlord having a bow. Those all seem like logical things that wouldn't change a ton but would make them feel more distinct and, I think, be good improvements to the game. Not sure if you're seeing this, Dev peoples, but for what it's worth, I think that would be a cool idea. We can see the NPC names and the player icons, so...I don't think this would be much of an issue. That or make Banners into spears and let us dual wield those. ;)

As a Warlord, I just want an instrument or megaphone or like one of those traveling organs on wheels pulled by a hippo.

Okay, while I agree with some of the other complaints here...

...what?

WoW: Your character is in the center of the screen with some scenery from their associated Capital city in the background. They're staring deadpan at the camera and you can rotate them.

FFXIV: Your character is standing on a small blue platform in a floating void that you can rotate and move the camera around (you can change the background, but they're all static).

Embers: Your characters are together as a group at a camp in the wilderness implying danger and the unknown of an untamed, dark wilderness around them, but that you share this world.

When I first realized Embers' had all your characters at the camp together, I thought that was a wonderful touch. Imo, that's WAY better than "deadpan stare from the center of generic guild hall #1938". That's not "temporary alpha stand-in crap"; it looks way better than what YOU want instead. What WoW does is the "temporary alpha stand-in crap", and it's been out for nearly 20 years!

On the other hand, I like the idea of Dualist dual wielding, Sentinel having a shield, and Warlord having a bow. Those all seem like logical things that wouldn't change a ton but would make them feel more distinct and, I think, be good improvements to the game. Not sure if you're seeing this, Dev peoples, but for what it's worth, I think that would be a cool idea. We can see the NPC names and the player icons, so...I don't think this would be much of an issue. That or make Banners into spears and let us dual wield those. ;)
Learn to read, i said how you pick you CLASS, not your character. When i posted this to select your class at level 6 you go to the city and there are 9 NPC Class trainers standing in a corner. I think this corner sucks and is representative of the game as a whole.

Learn to read, i said how you pick you CLASS, not your character. When i posted this to select your class at level 6 you go to the city and there are 9 NPC Class trainers standing in a corner. I think this corner sucks and is representative of the game as a whole.
Learn to WRITE..!

...is what I would say if I was being a jerk.

Your statement was ambiguous enough to describe the character creator or login screens.

That aside: Again, look at WoW. Any race, any starting area; the trainers are just standing around in a huddle. When you eventually get to the capital cities, they also tend to be in different areas gathered together in various ways.

This is just a ridiculously small thing to complain about and is more indicative - to me - of the "everything and the kitchen sink" approach some people do when they dislike something and are just looking to make their argument seem better by having a lot of points. Like a government lawyer charging someone with minor process crimes that makes up for the minor level of the offense with a dozen minor and capricious charges to make their case LOOK stronger. "See, this crime isn't serious, but see how he's got TWELVE indictments!" "But they're all for the same minor level of crime?" "BUT LOOK AT HOW THERE ARE TWELVE OF THEM!!! Obviously, he must be guilty as sin, or at least guilty of SOMEthing, right?!!"

It's a bad rhetorical trick people try to do when they don't have good arguments (or subconsciously think their arguments aren't very strong).

The proof of this, to me, is you coming out being a jerk in your reply to me.

Hell, even your statement "I think this corner sucks" - YOU ARE CRITIQUING A CORNER. If you can't see how petty that makes you and your complaints sound...well, it will to anyone else and I don't need to say anything else. So, I'll refrain from doing so.

If you don't like the game, there are others out there. But your complaints seem a combination of petty and that you don't like the very idea of an old school game in the first place. Which is fine. There are TONS of MMOs out there that fit what you're asking for.

Learn to WRITE..!

...is what I would say if I was being a jerk.

Your statement was ambiguous enough to describe the character creator or login screens.

That aside: Again, look at WoW. Any race, any starting area; the trainers are just standing around in a huddle. When you eventually get to the capital cities, they also tend to be in different areas gathered together in various ways.

This is just a ridiculously small thing to complain about and is more indicative - to me - of the "everything and the kitchen sink" approach some people do when they dislike something and are just looking to make their argument seem better by having a lot of points. Like a government lawyer charging someone with minor process crimes that makes up for the minor level of the offense with a dozen minor and capricious charges to make their case LOOK stronger. "See, this crime isn't serious, but see how he's got TWELVE indictments!" "But they're all for the same minor level of crime?" "BUT LOOK AT HOW THERE ARE TWELVE OF THEM!!! Obviously, he must be guilty as sin, or at least guilty of SOMEthing, right?!!"

It's a bad rhetorical trick people try to do when they don't have good arguments (or subconsciously think their arguments aren't very strong).

The proof of this, to me, is you coming out being a jerk in your reply to me.

Hell, even your statement "I think this corner sucks" - YOU ARE CRITIQUING A CORNER. If you can't see how petty that makes you and your complaints sound...well, it will to anyone else and I don't need to say anything else. So, I'll refrain from doing so.

If you don't like the game, there are others out there. But your complaints seem a combination of petty and that you don't like the very idea of an old school game in the first place. Which is fine. There are TONS of MMOs out there that fit what you're asking for.
ok, in the context of my original post, i was agreeing that the game is in an alpha state. In describing the class trainer corner, i feel the same can be generally be said about the entire game. It is the bare minimum to function, as if it were a temporary alpha stand-in.
I agree that the character select screen is nice.

Back